Just received a couple of DM500S

hi there
i would put a real image on first supplied image maybe ok for fta but it may not be clone friendly for anything else
if you have trouble with dream up you could use optiflasher i used this for the commando image as flashwizard would not install it and i have no serial port on my lappy .
works same as fashwizard need box ip and flash over lan
i have uploaded file
if admin want to move file to downloads may help others

Attachments

• dreambox optiflasher.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 4
smirnoff_rules yes in menu / setup / expert setup there is a option for "software update" - then it gives me option internet update or manual update.

with the out of the box image (standard FTA enigma 1) can i still copy the Cccam stuff over or do i need to put a real image onto the box 1st?
u an connect to the box with ftp put the image in temp and rename to root.cramfs then do and manual update

halfman halflager - cheers for the rar file. i just opened it up and input IP login/p/w how to i use the programme to select the image file and flash?
ive selected write image / restore backup / recovery but cant see where to select the image file i have saved on my pc etc.. ?

anyone help? i dont think the null modem cable is gonna work without getting a pci serial card or something?

smirnoff_rules is it /tmp folder

currently has 3 files in:
camd.socket
hotpluig.socket
mmi.socket

so then just rename Commando_14-6_dm500_Release.img to root.cramfs and drop it on there?

then on box goto menu / setup / expert setup there is a option for "software update" - then goto option for manual update.

that right?

smirnoff_rules is it /tmp folder

currently has 3 files in:
camd.socket
hotpluig.socket
mmi.socket

so then just rename Commando_14-6_dm500_Release.img to root.cramfs and drop it on there?

then on box goto menu / setup / expert setup there is a option for "software update" - then goto option for manual update.

that right?

thats how the pli image works , not sure about your image but it wont hurt m8

hi all
so ive loaded commando image now onto the box i did it via network using dreambox optiflasher. took about 2 mins max. i have then got CCcam file and put it in var/bin/emu and then got CCcam.cfg input my cline via notepad and put it in var/etc however my **premium** channels arnt working.

are there any setting on the menu i could have missed? is there a CCcam option on box to enable ?

also on commando image on the channel bouquets i notice adult is *key*restricted which removes it from the main bouquets. how do you re-enable it?

and is there a option for a 5-7day epg?

Last edited:
ok resolved the cline issue found i had to press blue button to bring another menu up to active CCcam.
can someone help me with the EGP is there a way to get a weeks worth? or 5 days? and also how to unlock Adult bouquets so its a visible category on the bouquets menu

also noticed on the remote < > arrows are labelled for volume and up & down are for channel up n down.

however < & > seems to scoll the channel menu along to different channel to zap onto and up n down go through the schedule ie whats on next. is there no way to adjust the volume now with the remote?

Last edited:
There's a whole thread on the commando image which will explain it all,and there's are readme files in the var/etc folder on the box

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk 2

Back