2 step verification

phawk754

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hi

I have turned on 2-step verification but when trying to log in I did not get an email with the code, i had to use a backup code to get in

could someone take a look when you have time plz

Do you have the google verification app on your phone ? Its the best way to get a code. If you try login the forum will send a code to your phone.

Then the forum will ask you if you wish to authorize the code for 30 days.

I did the app download instead of the email and works fine here

will try the app ,if that is a better way ,,cheers for the info

I have managed to get back on via your FB account. Seems to work now hopefully.

I had all sorts of trouble getting back into the site.

OK now, but it was a major PITA at the time. :confused:

(wtf is a Google Authenticator App?)

I had all sorts of trouble getting back into the site.

OK now, but it was a major PITA at the time. :confused:

(wtf is a Google Authenticator App?)
I use Microsoft Authenticator app and it works well for me

I only use iPad and iPhone and some of yhe Authy apps were wanting a paid subscription I eventually found one that got me back for free. It was a right faff tbh

I only use iPad and iPhone and some of yhe Authy apps were wanting a paid subscription I eventually found one that got me back for free. It was a right faff tbh
The Microsoft app is free and works on IOS. I have been using for a couple of years now.

Cant fathom how you are finding it troublesome @nara. Like @avid I use the Microsoft authenticator app for a few things and it works flawlessly, my thirty days where up today and it took all of 10secs to log into DW

Yep, quick and easy to reauthenticate my PC and mobile phone again today after the initial 30 days had passed.
Used the Google Authenticator app on phone to generate the codes.

I dont have any issues.. but...
Where i work we are not allowed our mobile phones.
We have very limited inet access but luckly i can get onto DW.
So i have to email or write the back up codes down so i can login at work.
Nothing major but i dont think its totaly necessary for a forum.

I dont have any issues.. but...
Where i work we are not allowed our mobile phones.
We have very limited inet access but luckly i can get onto DW.
So i have to email or write the back up codes down so i can login at work.
Nothing major but i dont think its totaly necessary for a forum.
If it is or not is possibly beside the point because 2step verification is here and growing across the web, especially as it is now recommended for basically every online platform by the security experts, so all this is doing really is getting you used to it and giving you a chance to find out how it works by having it here on the forum so the next time you signup somewhere that needs it you will know all about it and be able to set it up easily (I always use the FreeOTP app its on android and iOS and its simple and easy and I love it 👍)

If it is or not is possibly beside the point because 2step verification is here and growing across the web, especially as it is now recommended for basically every online platform by the security experts, so all this is doing really is getting you used to it and giving you a chance to find out how it works by having it here on the forum so the next time you signup somewhere that needs it you will know all about it and be able to set it up easily (I always use the FreeOTP app its on android and iOS and its simple and easy and I love it 👍)
I know what 2 step verification is, it's not relatively new.
I use it alot.. banking apps, secure payments etc...i dont need to get use to it.

I just think its overkill for a forum.

Last edited:
It's just taken me about ten minutes to log in as I forgot that I had had to download a Google authenticator instead of my usual Microsoft one and I didn't recognise the icon on my phone, as this is the only site I have to use it on.

I thought such apps were only really a necessity for things where there would be possibility of financial fraudulent activity, such as banking and online purchases.

Back