Just got a Wii - Want Solderless Chip

no mate no chance of softmoding at the moment if your on the very latest. i dont know if theres a fix being worked on somebody else may be able to answer that but i would imagine there will be, looks like your only option is a chip now m8 unless you want to wait.

Ta,

So whats the best chip then the wii clip or the drivekey or is there another worth getting. I want the solderless option

im no good there mate sorry both of mine was allways fitted for me(solder chips) tbh i cant see it being along time untill something is released to downgrade from the new f/w probably worth keeping a eye on this Thread

Last edited by a moderator:
drivekey is your best bet, them wii-clips are useless pieces of sh!t to be honest

yes you stick on 3.2 u have to mess with IOS when games stop working, i know you might find it easy and fun to mess with, alot of people hate messing with things and just want something to be able to just put the disc in and play :)

I've fitted the DriveKey in my daughters wii and I have done 3 others for friends.
Dead easy to fit (i had never chipped a wii before) and they work great, I would recommend them to anyone.

i know someone who fitted one of these, hes utterly clueless normally so u should be alright fitting it Mairy :)

Back