Just got a sb4200, am i doing something wrong?

GeeBee

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi

I just got a 4200e today, i'm trying to change the mac but when i telnet it it seems to be scanning frequencys, what am i supposed to do?

GeeBee said:
Hi

I just got a 4200e today, i'm trying to change the mac but when i telnet it it seems to be scanning frequencys, what am i supposed to do?

have you do the hack yet?
tell us more mate

Right yeh sorry, got it from ebay, ment to be pre hacked, its running fibreware anyway.

johnlennon said:
I got SB4200e I find it easier to netboot it.

yes me 2 mate i would do it all from scratch with the vxworks and then mac then cofig file , im guessing he hasnt done any of this tho and has bought it pre modded .
if you want to add me to msn ill gladly talk you through step by step

I tried that but it didnt seem to change anything.

do you have msn dude ill talk you through it and let you have the files you need

Its alive.
Thanks everyone especially melttc.
Managed to change the mac over telnet whilst it was scanning, couldnt see what i was typing cos of all the frequencys scrolling up the screen but it changed it anyway. Plugged it into the cable feed and it sorted its self out after a few minutes. 8.5mb download speed now, not bad.

Thanks again.

johnlennon said:
I got SB4200e I find it easier to netboot it.

u may find this useful:

http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=15042&d=1147512125

(Save target as..)

Wat does that netboot do, because i am having the same problem, as geebee said, when i try to change my mac address it won't let me, its scanning through something.

i am running fibreware, inside fibreware this is wat i am getting:

Establish Ip connectivity using DHCP - Failed

in config page i get:

Upstream channel -1

fav freq 0

Please help me sort mine out someone, i got mine yesterday and I have still havn't got it working!

:BLOBBY:

This is the doc I used at first to get netboot working:

Last edited:
Back