just another newb....Can I use Flash FXP

XBNormUK

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys, have been quite happy just manually updating my keys for now but as it seems the fix is working I thought I would have a bash at updating my current image with it. As the title suggests I am a bit of a newb with the dreambox, altho I am familiar with basic networking and Flash FXP as I have used it when doing Xboxs. Anyways, have read a few bits and pieces, so I know what files I need for the fix (feel free to bless me on pm with them btw! ;-)), but once I have done that is it just a case of the following....

My box is still runnin on DW 1.6.2 btw, and I use Evocam as my tuner. I have a DM500c and am on Pure Ntl in the teeside area.
So i just get my IP address from the box then power down. Do I enable DHCP on the box btw, or will that make it change the ip when i power back up.
Power down, open up flash fxp and I will need IP, username and password, whats the default PW and username for D500's I have never networked it so should still be that.
So yeah enter those and then power up, and connect? then just overwrite the old files with the new, or should I delete them first then put the new ones in?
Or am i totally wrong and Flash FXP wont be any good for it. I dont have a null cable or dream up or any progs of that nature. I noticed some files on BigMaq, is there anup to date all in one prog I can use for applying the fix and also any new images, skins etc that anyone would care to recommend.

Okay so thanks in advance for any input, and apologise for the unorderly post, bit of a scatterbrain day.
cheers
Norm

Last edited:
M8, you need 20 post I think b4 you can download from here..or donate... failing that you will have to update your keys manually as b4, or go for one of the above options...

As you are a noob with the dreambox are you sure yo want to flash a new image on the box as some people have had major problems getting their box to work after re-imaging. If I was you I would try and search for the rom 7 auto update fix for the dreambox and install that until all this fuss dies down. If you are determined to reflash your image than you are going to need a null modem cable and a copy of the dreamup program for flashing and you probably need an ftp program as well after you have loaded the image. The password for dreambox

username= root
password = dreambox

Thanks for the replies, and Curious, ur exactly on the money there. I am not particuarly fussed on a new image at all, I have never had a single prob with my Dm500 since I got it, and would like to keep it that way! Incidentally, how often does a stable release come around of an image, I know I am on 1.6 but I noticed a box I got for a friend was running 2, which didnt seem to offer much more other than different skins.

Thanks for the input, i will deffo just do the rom7 auto update fix for now. Think i will be able to muddle through but will be on here again if i get stuck no doubt.
Cheers

you can always use flash wizard pro to reflash your box. It's quicker than dream up and if you've got basic networking experience it'll be a dawdle.....

Indeed another vote for Flash Wizard Pro, its simple quick and easy. Though don't be worried about reflashing

Back