jtag probs

ritchie123

Inactive User
Reaction score
i have read all the tuts and so on and all probs on this and tried everything but nothing happening

the other day i purchased a solderless jtag to do my sammy 2100c it came from tmc and its the interchangable one

im running windows xp with service pack 2

everytime i try n connect my jtag using sdt, bke2.2 and ocd i get all the same internal error 43

ive been trying for 2 days now and loads of reading on the forum and still no joy

i get the box in debug mode and it goes to channel 0 but just wont connect im thinkin is my jtag nacked or could my parrael cable be buggered

i was thinkin of gettin a paralel to usb cable to see if that makes any difference

all help will be appreciated

thanks in advance

ritchie

USB to parallel could be even more tricky..... Have you checked that the parallel cable you are using is wired 1 to 1?

sorry to sound stupid but ive checked my bios and also checked that there are no conflicts on this cable and it states no conflicts just tried again and now im getting summit like nt.mac.mot.sys found and fatal error above that then error 43 then cable disconnected

First, go into control panel, system, hardware, device manager....make sure the com ports correct......

download dryload and MAC_MOT. open them up, click on dryload and load the driver MAC_MOT, click on start, you should then see at the bottom 'running'......make sure this is running before you open sdt, once running open sdt, then follow this tut, I have added the files that you need and the tut

mac.mot says running but still get error 43 when clicking connect

so i done as above and checked in my control panel and it says ecp printer port ltp1 dont no wether thats rite

so is there any chance it could be the parallel cable buggered if so i can go and get a new 1 today as the 1 o goit given of a friend has got an extra wire coming of it as if it was a monitor end

and also i thought u didnt need mac.mot running when doing a sammy but either way it wont connect

mac.mot says running but still get error 43 when clicking connect

so i done as above and checked in my control panel and it says ecp printer port ltp1 dont no wether thats rite

so is there any chance it could be the parallel cable buggered if so i can go and get a new 1 today as the 1 o goit given of a friend has got an extra wire coming of it as if it was a monitor end

and also i thought u didnt need mac.mot running when doing a sammy but either way it wont connect

sorry mate, i scimped through the thread, didn't realise you were doing a sammy...lol
I have to say i don't know anything about sammy's so can't really advise you with regards to the box, however, regarding the parrellel lead, if you got a wire hanging from it, i would defo get another one mate, also when your doing it, make sure nothing else is running in the background and close down any other windows that don't need to be open.

please can some 1 post a link to where i can buy a new paralell cable from for my jtag or even what type of cable i need cause it looks like my cable aint workin

it sounds like the solderless jtag isnt making a good connection to me, try getting someone to help you make sure the jtag is making a good connection all the time, then boot up the sammy holding the down button after the disply shows PD20 for about 6 seconds then wait 'till the box boots up.
Then open OCD and enter your bytes.
Clive.

it sounds like the solderless jtag isnt making a good connection to me, try getting someone to help you make sure the jtag is making a good connection all the time, then boot up the sammy holding the down button after the disply shows PD20 for about 6 seconds then wait 'till the box boots up.
Then open OCD and enter your bytes.
Clive.
LD20 and it seems like his parralell ccable is knackered
from reading the other threads he has one wire loose???

LD20 and it seems like his parralell ccable is knackered
from reading the other threads he has one wire loose???

its not so much a wire loose its got the bit what goes into my pc on 1 end and the other end its got the bit what goes into the jtag and also another bit which looks the same as my monitor bit that goes into the pc

ive just ordered a new belkin parallel cable hopefully this helps

also on the tuts to jtag a sammy y do u have to remove contact on 1 side of the battery and solder it bk on
if this needs to be done it dont look like im doin a sammy box cause i cant solder lol

Thats not a tmc jtag??
tmc jtag has paralell into computer,jtag goes on the other end,then you put your pogo on too this,did you get universal?or interchangable?
becacause one pogo connection is for pace and the other is for sammy,they both have different contact vcc,tdo,tmi,tck,vcc.it sounds like your getting the jtag connections mixed up?
the paralell cable is the ordinary cable 25 pin.
unless you could also try to epp your port in cmos,bios

i got my jtag from tmc its the interchangable solderless one which costs 26 pounds n im putting the rite end into my sammy box and the correct way into my sammy box

and yes the jtag has a 25 pin male ened on it

does the jtag circuit board go straight into the pc without using a extension cable (25 pin male to 25 pin female cable) if so then this could be my problem

also wheres the best place to ask to go into my bios and change to epp

Last edited:
i got my jtag from tmc its the interchangable solderless one which costs 26 pounds n im putting the rite end into my sammy box and the correct way into my sammy box

and yes the jtag has a 25 pin male ened on it

does the jtag circuit board go straight into the pc without using a extension cable (25 pin male to 25 pin female cable) if so then this could be my problem

also wheres the best place to ask to go into my bios and change to epp

Not 100% sure but as far as i'm aware the parrellel cable is used like an extention as the jtag is too short, which would mean pulling the pc out and having the box on top of it. I can't se any reason why you can't plug it straight into the pc....

As for the second qusetion, i would post in the pc section, i'm sure they'll be able to help you out in there, the guy's know there stuff in there

got my new parallel cable and it now says connected in sdt but when i hit dump keys it says ird and bk is all zeros but it gives me the correct net id am i doing some thing wrong still

update

ive just managed to get ird but bk still all zeros in sdt bke 2.2 and ocd
hope some 1 can help me on this 1

Last edited:
Doesn't this happen when you conect too quickly? after you let go of the button that sends in to debug / diag leave it a wee bit before clicking connect and then dump - I can't remember how long but it's just before it displays 0 or just after it. Hope this helps

No.... You're conecting ok now, but the software is reading the wrong bytes for your sammy. The byte locations change depending on pure/ex cw... you need to short out the battery for 10 secs ( this has the same effect as unsoldering 1 pin). Put the box in stream adn let it update. Then you will have the BK in the right memory location.Then you can JTAG it and get the right answer. You will have to read up about what is the correct memory location!

If you got the dump of the ird then your going good now you just have to find the correctbytes to enter to extract the bk
If its an ntl area box then the bytes you enter are 0x00f6a8a8 for bke v2.2

Last edited:
managed to get bk sorted box now up and running

thanks for all help

but a couple of last questions

1: how often do the bytes change

2: is there any way i can get a casing to puit my jtag into

Back