jtag probs

sniggyfish

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi all made a couple of dumps of my falcon nand the next bit of the tut says i need infectus nand checker but i cant find it, so i have been using total commander to compare them but there are 17 diffrences cos im not using the correct software the tut suggets im a bit lost i.e 17 diffrences is a bad thing yes....

17 Diffs is a bad thing indeed. Check your soldering. Shorten your lpt cable. Get at least 2 identical dumps before even attempting to continue.
As its a falcon then its a 16mb nand so Id deffo do like 5 dumps AFTER checking your cable out. You can also use file compare in the dos window as soon as nandpro finishes doing its thing.......Read up and get familiar with the ins and outs of the hack mate. then you will find it fairly easy tbh.

yeah cheers for the advice got two identical dumps now runining a couple more to be sure

Last edited:
just done my falcon - was a pig.
used 120 ohm resistors (only ones i had to hand) and single core wire for each point (as short as poss -any shorter and laptop would have been on top of 360 motherboard).
had errors and used nand reconstruct to get my good dump. Daft really, because if your getting errors reading - then your going to get errors writing - which i evidently did. Tried removing resistors - still got errors, tried an old printer cable (no resistors) - still got errors.

Finally got it working by using 100 ohm resistors and a 8" length of shielded network cable.

worth it in the end. Dont bother with the db1f1 - flip the board and there are 2 pre-tinned points directly beneath it - alot less hassle.

quickest way to check cable is to do:

nandpro lpt: r16 orig1.bin 1 1
nandpro lpt: r16 orig2.bin 1 1
fc orig1.bin orig2.bin

If there are no errors - your cable should be good, do 2 or 3 full dumps (as per tutorial posted). IF your cable/resistor setup is crap ( like mine was ) you dont really want to be waiting for 1 hour and a bit to find out - gets quite annoying!

Last edited:
hmmm anyone having problems with posting replies at mo?

Where is this place to solder on the back? Alternative JTag points? I'm sure I saw a picture of soldering on back earlier today which had me confused

cant answer that i dont know but got mine up and running having problems seeing any games in xex laoder now ..........:banana:

What a complete head f**k got my xbox jtagged all working fine games were running from hdd so i thought time to remove dsub lpt connections now i get red light on the power brick meant to be a short some where but damned if i can find it redone cleaned all the solder points still no joy im going to be bald by tonight...........

Back