Jailbreak Thread

sargie, most of them are being sold with PSGroove software on them which does not allow backups to be ran on it, u need to reflash it yourself for that to work... and sony wont stop dev boards being sold ...

Colin, you can use some phones connected to your ps3 via usb to run the exploit also instead of having to use a usb dongle.. iphone port isnt out yet neither is psp 1... i have ordered 5 parts for the dongles if i have any left when they arrive il contact you...

if you have the board just hook it up to usb on your pc and put it into DFU mode, flash using Flip! and put it into your PS3

i have ordered some PICs going to build up a few of these dongles to see what its like lol

sorry mate i have done and i have two extra folders, but i have nothing in them >?

Aargh cant getgame to run. Everytime i click on it, it freezes the PS3.

Has anyone had this happen?

yes
+install package files
+app_home/ps3_game

Both pes and need for speed, but im just gonna try somethin. Editing the psfreedom.ko file. will let you know if it works.

ok doke i have it working but one of the files i have is an iso?

also how do you transfer the game from a usb to the internal ps3?

iso files will not work. only the games listed in the new game release thread will work. or ones u have ripped yourself

ISO files are in the incorrect format, make sure you read the NFO and check that it mentions it works with Jailbreak PS3s, extract its contents to X:\GAMEZ where X is a USB hard drive, connect the usb hard drive to the jailbreak PS3 and load backup manager

at the moment you can only use the internal hard drive if you have backed it up from an original yourself.

ISO files are in the incorrect format, make sure you read the NFO and check that it mentions it works with Jailbreak PS3s, extract its contents to X:\GAMEZ where X is a USB hard drive, connect the usb hard drive to the jailbreak PS3 and load backup manager

at the moment you can only use the internal hard drive if you have backed it up from an original yourself.

does that work. my understanding was that this didnt work at all. will give it a try when i get the chance

thats how all the games you see on the intrawebz work ?

have u actually tried it and got it to work. any ones i have downloaded have been already in the proper format to work with psgroove

****in typical, told my son not to do an update of PS3 so what does he do when he comes home from school .. PS3 on latest firmware

good job I didnt buy the usb jailbreak controller

how much for a pre-owned PS3 from Game

apparently there will be a hack next week for 3.42, might want to wait till then before splashing the cash

My AVR Xplain has turned up, it is now programmed up, but now I have to wait for the Mrs to finish watching some next top model tripe :(

It has gone fairly well, but when I try to start Need for Speed from the backup manager, it quits out to the XMB, Im farly sure I did it right but if you guys have any ideas feel free to tell .

Thanks

Back