Jailbreak Thread

deedie

DW Regular
Reaction score
why has it been locked??

they have released the code, minus the ability to play backups.

The PsGroove is there reimplementation of the psjailbreak exploit for AT90USB and related microcontrollers.

From this site multiple files can be downloaded and compiled in order for end users to test the homebrew capability of the ps3 system

The code is expected to work on quote boards

Quote:
It should work on:

* AT90USB162
* AT90USB646
* AT90USB647
* AT90USB1286
* AT90USB1287
* ATMEGA32U4

... and maybe more.
A note for all those that may try this
Quote:
This software is not intended to enable piracy, and such features have been disabled. This software is intended to allow the execution of unsigned third-party apps and games on the PS3.
[Via http://twitter.com/Mathieulh]
Source http://github.com/psgroove/psgroove

Last edited:
Im sure whatever they disabled wont take long to re-enable. I guess it was the only way to make it available to the public without getting taken down straight away.

its been re-enabled already.

so this works, only problem is trying to find these boards in stock in the uk, i aint found any so far. need to order from america, but stock is very limited there too now

Cool

Seems anyone with half a brain can do this, so cool

PS Yeah they are getting scarce luckily I ordered a couple Fedex Int delivered due friday so if any one wants one COLLECT west mids area ie no delivery pm me

Cool

PS Yeah they are getting scarce luckily I ordered a couple Fedex Int delivered due friday so if any one wants one COLLECT west mids area ie no delivery pm me

were did u order them from??

Cool

where abouts in West Mids, i'll be interested if your nearby :) :Clap:

I cant find them nowhere in the uk that aren't sold out.
Dam this is going to be mental in the ps3 scene now.
Cant wait for the homebrew that the scene comes up with like lol.

seen this on their site

"End of Life: Scheduled for obsolescence and will be discontinued by the supplier."

somehow, i think they may change their mind about this very soon

lol all the retailers are ordering loads more probably more than ever so they will hike the prices and change their mind 'fo'sho' !

re: A90USBKEY - please stick to pm me as i dont want this thread hijacked oops my maths is bad £32.50

Last edited:
I've seen a few places to buy the at90usbkey from, however anyone know if the at90usbkey evaluation kit is ok for this?

Does anyone know where i can get a couple of boards (sites) which are safe ?

Some bits of news, that might be of interest:

1) Everyone hold on before you buy your boards, it seems that the code can be ported to the PSP and TI-84 Plus Calculator

Link

2) Using the backup manager on PSN is like walking into a trap. Title: Backup Manager || Title ID: LAUN12345. FYI, dongle IDs can be revoked! Don't be surprised if error 0x8002A227 is returned."

This essentially means Sony may detect those launching the backup manager and sending the following response which suspends the console from PSN: SCE_NP_AUTH_ERROR_CONSOLE_ID_SUSPENDED

Link

The dongle id etc can be changed easily enough from what i have read...also if you use this to go only then you are silly.....if online play ever happens it is way way down the line

Anyway i read that they can tell if a console is in debug/dev mode anyway so this might be enough for them to check, though doubt they will ban for that but yes...simple rule...
use backmanager off line

I've also got psp but I am not going to rely on that i reckon a nice programmable usb might be enough , and easily upgradeable

Last edited:
psgroove allready on ebay now its time to get a ps3 and have a play

Back