Jailbreak Thread

I am trying to cancel my order with Gadget Asia in light of the fact that mr Farnell eval Kit is turning up tomorrow but they are trying to stall by saying

Hi, Thanks for your email. As per latest update from original manufacturer PS Jailbreak, they are now doing upgrade to the modchip in order to respond to the recent Sony's action about the firmware and the Copycat from other Chinese maker. Therefore the shipment schedule will be changed from original Sep 2-3rd => currently Sep 7-10th (this Wednesday - Friday). It is worth to wait for a few more days in order to receive the upgraded version. Once it is shipped, we will send you email with the tracking number inside. If you still cannot get the tracking number this Friday at latest, you are promised to get the full refund at that time.Would you mind waiting a few more days?

anybody know what the new uncopiable version adds

I am trying to cancel my order with Gadget Asia in light of the fact that mr Farnell eval Kit is turning up tomorrow but they are trying to stall by saying

Hi, Thanks for your email. As per latest update from original manufacturer PS Jailbreak, they are now doing upgrade to the modchip in order to respond to the recent Sony's action about the firmware and the Copycat from other Chinese maker. Therefore the shipment schedule will be changed from original Sep 2-3rd => currently Sep 7-10th (this Wednesday - Friday). It is worth to wait for a few more days in order to receive the upgraded version. Once it is shipped, we will send you email with the tracking number inside. If you still cannot get the tracking number this Friday at latest, you are promised to get the full refund at that time.Would you mind waiting a few more days?

anybody know what the new uncopiable version adds

i had the same , got on there online support live chat told him i wanted a refund he then typed the above message .
i just told him about there promise to refund full cost as i had been waiting since 27th aug
and i am not willing to wait anymore ...
hey presto full refund within five minutes of him sayin ok to my request..

Dont think it will add anything just somthing to get around sony's lawyers

Last edited:
Does anyone know the link for the stealth back up manager which works :)

and does it actually reduce the risk ?

Amazing how fast this has grown and also slightly worrying, ports to just about every device going (iphone, android and even a calculator ffs haha) in how long since the news broke ???

With the speed this is growing surely $ony are going to jump all over this and put an end to it once and for all ???

Hopefully that wont be the case though......

Amazing how fast this has grown and also slightly worrying, ports to just about every device going (iphone, android and even a calculator ffs haha) in how long since the news broke ???

With the speed this is growing surely $ony are going to jump all over this and put an end to it once and for all ???

Hopefully that wont be the case though......

once the source code for the hack was on internet, sony were F*#cked in the sense of stopping this ...

hi guys, i got my board today but its only in last hour ive been able to mess with it, ive got it going and ive started a game and its saying latest updata for this software has been found, im not signed into psn, so i update the software or shud i have taking the ps3 update folder out of the game ? thanks

dont know about the update thing, if u aint connected to the net, then it must be picking it up from the update folder. this is very good thing, if we are also able to install any game updates from the hard drive also, without connecting to the internet.

if u are certain that u aint connected to the net, then i would run the update. what game is it u have downloaded?

Does anyone know the link for the stealth back up manager which works :)

and does it actually reduce the risk ?

the stealth backup manager aint fake. its just that it is not as safe to use as u would think. each individual game has a unique game id, and the original backup manager had its own unique id also. the stealth version had its game id changed, to COD MW2's id. it was just a way of minimising the chance of the backup manager being detected. but its pretty definite, that changing the id wont be enough. but nobody knows, until we see what sony does.

the link for the stealth version is posted in this thread.

dont know about the update thing, if u aint connected to the net, then it must be picking it up from the update folder. this is very good thing, if we are also able to install any game updates from the hard drive also, without connecting to the internet.

if u are certain that u aint connected to the net, then i would run the update. what game is it u have downloaded?

the game i was on about when i wrote this was that ferrari game as it was only 1.7g and wanted to try a game asap, but ive also got mafia 2 now and that does the same thing, im just backing one of my own games up at minute so il try updating next time i play a game, as im not signed in plus il unplug the ethernet cable,

this is the first time i have ever came onto these forums and seen more people viewing the ps3(30) than the 360(27) section. whats happening, u all jumping ship, now there are free games on offer lol

Port is now out for htc desire running opendesire rom!

the game i was on about when i wrote this was that ferrari game as it was only 1.7g and wanted to try a game asap, but ive also got mafia 2 now and that does the same thing, im just backing one of my own games up at minute so il try updating next time i play a game, as im not signed in plus il unplug the ethernet cable,

i have mafia 2 also, and notice that there is an update.pup in the update folder. aint had a chance to try it yet. will have a look at it tomorrow.

Port is now out for htc desire running opendesire rom!

is that differnt from the one that was posted around 6pm tonight. is it an update of some description

heres what i done so far...few stumbling blocks but nothing major.
backed up to sandisk usb drive, didnt realise lol but it wont run from there.
backed up to internal hdd, it froze the console.
was using need for speed and pes.
now after a reboot all the menus disappeared. looks like to load, you need the phone connected which is annoying.
it backed up to usb in about 4 hours and to internal hdd about 15mins.

maybe it froze because game is not compatible. will try tomorrow...just looking for a list of compatible working games.

well i am totally peed off just got home from work to find that farnell are not sending me my board due to such high demand

god that really sucks and god knows how they chose who was getting and who wasnt

Back