iPhone Jailbreak for 3.1 / 3.2.1 out today

flickster

Inactive User
Reaction score
Geohot releases jailbreak only( no unlock yet) for above iphones/itouch with new fw h**p://blackra1n.com/, not tried yet, wait for some feedback first i think

Works fine, took a few attempts and could only get it to work on XP not Vista but so far so good.

hey m8, read on ur other post about replacement, did it come with 3.1.2? locked to o2? after jailbreak, u still get ur o2 signal?? dont wanna mess it up,,cheers

hey m8, read on ur other post about replacement, did it come with 3.1.2? locked to o2? after jailbreak, u still get ur o2 signal?? dont wanna mess it up,,cheers

It was pre-loaded with 3.1 think 3.1.2 only came out Friday. I have an official iphone contract so have no need to find out about Sim unlock.

Still get signal perfectly and itunes 9 still plays nice with apps etc

I think you need a custom IPSW to upgrade and maintain a baseband compatible with sim unlock.

i have 3.1 so will i be able to jailbreak my fone now?

dont care about sim unlock as i'm o2

dont wanna fook it up :(

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Flickster is a legend!!

he walked me through how to get my fone jailbroken

he must have no hair left with all teh problems we had wie my fone!! lolol

Thanks again mucker!! top man!

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Im on 3.0 is it posible to update to 3.1 or whatever the lastest is??

cheers Gav, never a prob m8 :Cheers: @ k, if u on 3.0 and unlocked dont upgrade to latest through itunes!!!!! u will loose ur unlock, but sound of ur post u not JB yet, and are happy with o2, if so update through i tunes and google blackra1n, and ul be sorted in 5 mins, any probs, just ask MFCGAVMFC , sure he be glad to show u ,lol, u get stuck givvus a shout m8

What are the advantages of jailbreaking the iphone ? . I don't have one , I use a touch hd but my sons got one and was wondering if it was worth jailbreaking it

What are the advantages of jailbreaking the iphone ? . I don't have one , I use a touch hd but my sons got one and was wondering if it was worth jailbreaking it

You can install 3Rd party apps, oh and every official app for Free.

cheers Gav, never a prob m8 :Cheers: @ k, if u on 3.0 and unlocked dont upgrade to latest through itunes!!!!! u will loose ur unlock, but sound of ur post u not JB yet, and are happy with o2, if so update through i tunes and google blackra1n, and ul be sorted in 5 mins, any probs, just ask MFCGAVMFC , sure he be glad to show u ,lol, u get stuck givvus a shout m8

Hi,

Yop my phone is JB but never had to update :S if you know what i mean.. im on 3.0 thinkit was redsnOw.. did it about 2-3 months ago.. Wanted to upgrade.. is this posible yet without loosing shit...

Did my 2G ipod touch last night after I accidently upgraded to 3.1.1 - worked a treat and in about 1 minute my pod was jailbroken - nice one thanks!!

You can install 3Rd party apps, oh and every official app for Free.

I have to say that the 3rd party apps and manipulations add the greatest benefit over being able to install IPAs

i.e live weather on SB, status bar notifications, 3g unrestrictor, mywi, boss paper, SBSettings, ibluetooth, aptbackup, winterboard etc

guys how long does this JB take...mine has been stuck on running for some time now (about 10 minutes)...
i knw this method is easy but i preferred the old method of holding buttons...as it felt like we actually did something lol

Mine took no longer than 1 minute from start to finish.... Sounds like something is up?

If it's sTuck on ruNning just unplug and start over.

You'll know when it starts as geohot pic appears on iPhone screen

takes 1 min tops

I could only get it yo work on xp. If on vista / win 7 run in xp compatability mode

Hi ive tried this 9 times now 3 times on Xp and 6 times on vista using loads of different ways but after the loading page has come up with the guy on it goes black and does not reboot? any help would be great thnx im using an ipod touch 2nd gen on 3.1.2 and its an mc model

Last edited:
taken from another site

1. Update to 3.1.2 fw
2. Backup iPhone
3. Close iTunes and open Windows task manager and close ituneshelper.exe
4. Right click blackra1n.exe and run as administrator
5. Click "Make it Ra1n"
6. As soon as your phone goes black...right before it would normally show the restore picture on the phone, hold down the power and home button until you see the apple logo. As soon as you see the apple logo, let go of the power button but continue to hold home until you see George's face on the iphone.
7. Leave your phone alone until it reboots

This has worked for everyone who has tried it. Good luck

thats if its staying in recovery phase if not have a look here

BlackRa1n not working for you? The BlackRa1n Fix Checklist Cydia Updates That Matter

Is there anyway of saving the hacks and apps ive got on my phone?? dont really want to lose it all and have to start again..

Back