iPhone Jailbreak for 3.1 / 3.2.1 out today

Hi ive tried this 9 times now 3 times on Xp and 6 times on vista using loads of different ways but after the loading page has come up with the guy on it goes black and does not reboot? any help would be great thnx im using an ipod touch 2nd gen on 3.1.2 and its an mc model

Only nine i tried about a 100 main pc 2 laptops, holding buttons releasing buttons, removing itunes, and apple mobile device in task manager, moving black rain to c as oppose to desk top, you name it ive tried. Then last night i came across this and Bingo worked first time for all you people stuck on running or not getting the blackrain icon on iphone give this a whirl it may just work for you.

Fix Blackra1n jailbreak for iPhone 3G - blackra1n hangs

Hi ive disabled itunes helper ive exited avg ive moved the file blackra1n to the c drive ive run as administrator and it boots up brings up the picture loads and just goes black and does not reboot and i have to restore with itunes because nothing happens. ive downloaded that file and put it in system 32 but it still has done the same thing thnx.

Last edited:
Is there anyway of saving the hacks and apps ive got on my phone?? dont really want to lose it all and have to start again..

aptbackup from cydia will create a list and add it to t he itunes backup so if you restore you simply JB, install aptbackup and hit restore.

Or if you use Rock over Cydia, if you sign up to their service (free) it backs up everything you install to restore if it goes pot.

taken from another site

1. Update to 3.1.2 fw
2. Backup iPhone
3. Close iTunes and open Windows task manager and close ituneshelper.exe
4. Right click blackra1n.exe and run as administrator
5. Click "Make it Ra1n"
6. As soon as your phone goes black...right before it would normally show the restore picture on the phone, hold down the power and home button until you see the apple logo. As soon as you see the apple logo, let go of the power button but continue to hold home until you see George's face on the iphone.
7. Leave your phone alone until it reboots

This has worked for everyone who has tried it. Good luck

PLS HELP!!!!
Guys jus done the above & now my iphone just has the apple logo!!
Wot do i do now?? pls tell me i avent fooked my phone!!
:(

ok guys restored phone!! Wot did i do wrong??

Last edited:
taken from another site

1. Update to 3.1.2 fw
2. Backup iPhone
3. Close iTunes and open Windows task manager and close ituneshelper.exe
4. Right click blackra1n.exe and run as administrator
5. Click "Make it Ra1n"
6. As soon as your phone goes black...right before it would normally show the restore picture on the phone, hold down the power and home button until you see the apple logo. As soon as you see the apple logo, let go of the power button but continue to hold home until you see George's face on the iphone.
7. Leave your phone alone until it reboots

This has worked for everyone who has tried it. Good luck

PLS HELP!!!!
Guys jus done the above & now my iphone just has the apple logo!!
Wot do i do now?? pls tell me i avent fooked my phone!!
:(

ok guys restored phone!! Wot did i do wrong??

This so did not work either if anything my ipod touch went scewy but ive sorted it now ive been reading loads of sites and it turns out my model of the 2nd gen touch does not work with this hack

This so did not work either if anything my ipod touch went scewy but ive sorted it now ive been reading loads of sites and it turns out my model of the 2nd gen touch does not work with this hack

Is this the model that was dropped at the 11th hour as it simply would not play nice?

This quote is from Geohot

"with regards to new ipt2/3 8g support, if your model starts with MB it'll work, if your model starts with MC it won't, and restore required"

Last edited:
ok guys jailbreaked my phone!! hooooooray
Just wanted to know that its ok to restore from backup in itunes??

thanx

Is this the model that was dropped at the 11th hour as it simply would not play nice?

This quote is from Geohot

"with regards to new ipt2/3 8g support, if your model starts with MB it'll work, if your model starts with MC it won't, and restore required"

Yea mines the MC model so i suppose i need to wait for a new program lol thanks for every ones help.

Mines done.. not lost anything apart from my custom message tone.. apart from that.. dodgy apps etc are all working.

Back