Jade Goody

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe a title change of the thread to reflect the way the media is handling this. rather than it just being Jade F***king Goody Which i do see as a little over the top.

I’m no Jade Goody Fan this whole “living my life in heat magazine” culture we have seamed to developed over here in the UK i do find disturbing and my personal opinion i think has some responsibility in the “dumbing down” of our “teenage" girls in particualr in terms of ambition and aspirations ( not a dig at Jade more the culture that surrounds those magazines)

I do feel for her and for her family who must be going through hell. I completely understand the choice she has made in terms of trying to get as much cash as she can for her kids future but i do think the media has a responsibility to report NEWS items sensibly. (Although we are talking about the majority of the red tops here lol) There are many other pressing issues, but sadly some of these wont sell "news" papers

I guess it comes down to a choice really, Jade made her choice by choosing to make this part of her life public, and we have a choice as to if we read / watch it or not. I know what my choice is.

I will once again though Echo what others have said, it would be a nice gesture IF Jade or her family Donated or even endorsed a cancer charity publicly.

Last edited:
She is a young woman who is at death's door.
Like her or loathe her. She is somebody's mother and somebody's daughter. As such should have some respect as any mother or daughter who is dying.
Apparently, since the news of her predicament, lots more young women have booked to have smear tests and the like. So she has achieved some good.

good point mate , but its hard to respect someone who instead of spending time with her mother and children is instead in the papers saying she is now planning her wedding . Surely if she felt the same way as most of us she would be spending every last minute with family instead of posing for pictures for the papers.

Again " should this be headline news?? "

makes me sad reading some of the crap in this thread.

ffs the woman is dying and just trying to provide for her childrens future before she goes. it's not like she is going to be out spending the cash on booze or drugs.

like other so called celebs.

Thank you to whoever it was that reworded the title.

makes me sad reading some of the crap in this thread.

ffs the woman is dying and just trying to provide for her childrens future before she goes. it's not like she is going to be out spending the cash on booze or drugs.

like other so called celebs.

Sad but true mate , unfortunately. But what im trying to put across is what makes her so special ???? what has she done that makes her better than the rest of the mothers , fathers, children out there???? Nothing ?? she is well known for being stupid. So why am i reading about her instead of jane doe who actually achieved something in her life , or john doe who invented something to help the human race.. WHat makes her so special to recieve all this apparantly unwanted attention ??

Should this be headline news ???

Sad but true mate , unfortunately. But what im trying to put across is what makes her so special ???? what has she done that makes her better than the rest of the mothers , fathers, children out there???? Nothing ?? she is well known for being stupid. So why am i reading about her instead of jane doe who actually achieved something in her life , or john doe who invented something to help the human race.. WHat makes her so special to recieve all this apparantly unwanted attention ??

Should this be headline news ???

Nobody has said that she is any better or more special or deserving then anybody else,
But if her plight has even saved one person from this terrible disease then yes it should be headline news.

the media made the public aware of her in the first place.
so why not make as much for your kids though the media,

I know if I could find a way to give help to my kids before I go I would.

and it is only headline news because the media want it to be.

she might be well known for being stupid, but maybe the money she makes will give her kids a good education. so they don't have to go onto a tv show that pays you to make a fool of yourself.

Nobody has said that she is any better or more special or deserving then anybody else,
But if her plight has even saved one person from this terrible disease then yes it should be headline news.

I stand corrected this should be news, but all i've read and heard in the news is how girls aloud is gonna sing at her wedding. Im sorry this isn't news . I wish there was more publicity about cancer research , maybe my close loved ones would still be here. Again wouldn't wish this on anyone , my heart goes out to her kids, would say family too , but from the news reports until she got alittle money they weren't interested either . Its sad to hear thats its taken the news of her imminent death for them to finally come out of the woodwork.

I do feel for her and think that she is only being rinsed for all its worth while they can. And in this case should we be seeing every l;ast detail of her wedding plans and probably (according to news reports ) her last dying minutes on tv ??

Rock on , shes getting millions for her story , if it was anyone else would we be hearing the same amount of guff??

the media made the public aware of her in the first place.
so why not make as much for your kids though the media,

I know if I could find a way to give help to my kids before I go I would.

and it is only headline news because the media want it to be.

she might be well known for being stupid, but maybe the money she makes will give her kids a good education. so they don't have to go onto a tv show that pays you to make a fool of yourself.

I prey for their sakes mate your right , but i fear that this mock wedding to to Jack is more his idea to get hold of the money . End of the day who else is there to look after the kids future , Her mother ??? To be honest its only the kids i feel sorry for . Losing my parents at the age of 5 was hard then , but i was lucky to have two very supportive and amazing grandparents who brought me up along with their kids. Who have them kids got ?? An ex con and a druggie grandmother .

Really hope they are alright .

I agree that there is a certain point were money and fame is not everything and that a personal illness like this should not be broadcast to the general public.

Id say she has a fair amount in the bank, and that her kids wont ever go hungry.

I think she should be spending the time she has left with her children and family, but with the interviews and the shows and the camera crews involved i would say this would take up a good percentage of her time left.

I stand corrected this should be news, but all i've read and heard in the news is how girls aloud is gonna sing at her wedding. Im sorry this isn't news . I wish there was more publicity about cancer research , maybe my close loved ones would still be here. Again wouldn't wish this on anyone , my heart goes out to her kids, would say family too , but from the news reports until she got alittle money they weren't interested either . Its sad to hear thats its taken the news of her imminent death for them to finally come out of the woodwork.

I do feel for her and think that she is only being rinsed for all its worth while they can. And in this case should we be seeing every l;ast detail of her wedding plans and probably (according to news reports ) her last dying minutes on tv ??

Rock on , shes getting millions for her story , if it was anyone else would we be hearing the same amount of guff??
Thats why we need to use jade. like as you's say she's using the media to sell papers.to earn money good luck to her were all talking bout it so it must be working ????Talking bout it will help every 1.good luck .. A woman who says what she means lol well in jade good luck

Last edited:
Thats why we need to use jade. like as you's say she's using the media to sell papers.to earn money good luck to her were all talking bout it so it must be working ????Talking bout it will help every 1.good luck .. A woman who says what she means lol well in jade good luck

lambs to the slaughter :) :) your right though , as much as i hate to admit it. Started off as a rant , good to hear peoples views ( good or bad ) Wish nothing but the best for her children .

Sorry if anyones been offended or taken this the wrong way, thats what happens after 8 cans of stella .

We can all agree to disagree , some think its acceptable and some think the same as me that its not in good taste. But isn't that what the rant rooms for ???

Off to bed now , sleep tight

I really hope all the money goes to her kids and not that jailbird she's about to marry. Pretty certain he will be entitled to half of her fortune if they marry ?

Hope Im wrong just don't trust the guy.

This front page news has made thousands of women run to the docs for testing and now the goverment have dropped the age limit from 25 to 20 for women to get tested I think alot has come out of the terrible situation shes in,

I personally think shes being very brave showing her illness to the world i would probably curl up and be high as a kite on morphine for my last weeks.

some people are just cruel kick a dog when its down wtf

Reactions: v14
is it me, or is the need to know anything about jade goody necessary ?? How the hell is news about someone with no talent , no brains , and totally useless needed?? Surely there more happening in the world?? Theres probably a lot more people who have actually contributed something more than showing tits on big brother and being generally thick.. Its pretty sad really , a few months ago the same people who are dramatising her last days are the same people who hated her for being racist , all of a sudden now she's ill ( along with many better people than she could ever be ) she is the peoples hero up with diana. Wtf

dont get me wrong im not totally heartless , i feel for her children , but maybe its done them a favour. As soon as her so called husband to be spends all the money she left and palms the kids off they might actually have a chance in life .

no mate ur totally well out of order that section of your reply is fuckin stupid"but maybe its done them a favour" you really think it will do them that and thats why?its there mother for fucks sake maybe she has been daft in her past but nobody deserves this horrible disease.

Alot of my family has died from this bastard of a disease im sure she would turn back everyhting she has said,done and all the money in her bank,just so she could start all over again.even that shetty woman forgive her yesturday even the victim of her rants can see that she doesnt deserve what she got.

I think u need to fuckin think before u speak as if i carry on i wouldnt think u will be a member of here for much longer u heartless ****.

Yeh i gotta agree slating her is one thing but you can't go making huge assuming comments about her kids...I'm sure she does the best for her kids and I wouldn't take that away from her...I just feel her actions of late aren't very dignified...

Like others have said there has been a 20% increase in smear test appointments since this has hit the media so yes if it saves lives it should be front page news. I don't think there is a person here who hasnt been touched by this dreadfull desease in one way or another.

And if the media want to pay jade for appearing on tv or in the paper then so be it id take the money and i dare say just about anyone who was offered £40,000 or whatever it is they pay would take it aswell.

Max clifford said she has set up a trust fund for her boys so they can have a better start in life and a good education.

There seems to be a lot of people who dislike her, she is nothing special in terms of celeb terms but she is marketable in some ways henc the media attention. Fact of life, some people like to read up on her. I aint no fan of hers but I wish her good luck in trying to get as much money as she can from the media. People shouldnt knock her for that, Im sure if someone was in her shoes they would try do the same. People with familes ensure their family survives financially, each has their own income. Jade's is media.
Ive seen stories about her but I dont bother either watching or reading as it is of no interest to me but it doesnt bother me she is on tele. There is enough crap already on tele that is probably worse than Jade.

Why are so many people slating Jade Goody? Because she is making money for her kids out of this? Is there any one person who has slated her in this thread got kids??? well would you not do everything in you power to make life as comfortable as possible for them when you die? especially when they are so young!!!!!!! aye she made her self famous with a reality tv show but who cares dont tell me any of you who moan wouldn't accept the fame and money because you would. At the end of the day she only has a small amount of time left with her family and people should be more compassionate. I know there are people out there who have gone through the same but with no media attention or the money, but, what if it was you that had this disease and have the chance to make you family financially comfortable. WOULD YOU SAY NO????? I think not

rant over

For me she is an arse, and I am fed up with the news reports all the time BUT. I do think she IS making people more aware about Cancer and what it does to people. As according to the radio there has been a 500% increase in women going for Cervical Smears. Surly that's a good thing! Along with an increase in other Cancer checks, again a good thing

Yes she is exploiting the media where she can, and I for one would do the same if I was going to get some money for it. She is thinking of her kids so she can educate them better that she was educated.

I take the option of changing the channel when she come on, but thumbs up to her. Cancer is a killer, people need to me more aware...So feel your balls and your wife's breaticles!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back