ITV and BBC iplayer

WIZARD22

Inactive User
Reaction score
Could anyone point me as to where I can pick these two Plugins up and give me a idea how to install these or should I say the correct way to install them. From any that I have seen they are not IPK format and any that I have found appear to have issues. As the Solo 2 is new to me still finding my way in respect to this box.

Thanks Adu Baniaz is the series link plugin worth downloading and thanks for your help last night

What image are you using wizard there are some easy methods of installing On demand depending on your image.

As for series link type plugins the one ive used to good effect is Auto Timer im not 100% sure this is available on OE2.0 ill take a look around for that.

I downloaded the On demand Plugin that Abu directed me two which gives me the bar down the Right hand side of the screen as I am setting this these two boxed up for two friends. I think they might want the standalone plugin foe BBC an ITV only to keep it easy for them. I will have a look for that auto timer plugin. the image that is on the box is a VIX one.

I downloaded the On demand Plugin that Abu directed me two which gives me the bar down the Right hand side of the screen as I am setting this these two boxed up for two friends. I think they might want the standalone plugin foe BBC an ITV only to keep it easy for them. I will have a look for that auto timer plugin. the image that is on the box is a VIX one.

The standalone plugins are never as updated as the OnDemand player that is build by and maintained by the authors of the ViX image, so why use them ? as for auto timers there is already a far superior version built into the image by default so again no need to add external plugins that can potentially screw the image up.

I am not saying that there is anything wrong with the On-Demand player and I would say that some of the plugins do leave a lot to be desired. A friend simply asked if he could have them as two single plugins that was all. Don't know about the auto timers as in general I don't record anything, all he was looking for was a plugin that would be the same as series link on sly that was all. Its the old story he's used to what he had and was looking for a direct replacement. And all I was doing was asking the questions from people who have knowledge of these boxes.

the 'stand alone' plugins are the ones that get 'fixed' first when things change, and only get updated when they really need to be, ie, when the ondemand service providor changes something that stops ALL of the on demand plugins from working, they also work on a far greater range of images and receivers

personally, i use seperate ones for BBC and ITV, as the other bundled ones in the on demand plugin dont interest me

Finding updated versions of the standalone ones are sometimes an issue. Would be grateful if they could be uploaded.

just pull both plugins from your working box mate

that way you have latest working @ hand

How do you extract ITV/BBC Iplayer from within ondemand? I've normally just hidden what I don't want.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't want a full battle on DW about plugins. His request was for the single ones and I can see both sides all I want was the help that I have had in the past to help me now. One thing I will say is that some of the add ons I really do question their use.. See my post here about Channel 1 not working and give some help their and don't be fighting about it. I think I would prefer the single one thus allowing me the choice of not just filling the box up with stuff that I wont't use or don't want.
Nothing wrong with the Welsh just can't make them out on holidays when their drunk (no harm intended):xmas:

no idea if you can mate

i usually use the standalone versions thats all i need save to pc for daily builds lol

some of the plugins like 1channel and icefilms, while its not the actual plugin thats the problem with them no longer working, its a nightmare for the plugin creators to keep up, and its down to UK ISPs blocking the filesharing sites that they rely on for the files to be streamed from

you cant actually 'extract' just specific on demand service plugins from the OE-A ondemand plugin, as its been created in such a way that so many parts are reliant on so many other things that this would be impossible

afaik the itv plugin released by subixonfire still runs as a standalone plugin, the the latest BBC iPlayer standalone is v0.4 , possibly listed as v4, but im sure i uploaded it to DW, ill have a look on my linux PC later for them

later than i had

cheers mate

sure its in the downloads mate :)

Back