Israeli troops 'move into Gaza'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Israel will most likely move into Gaza and stay put in strategic military positions that give them the best chance to stop any further rocket attacks. It's probably no more than a battalion/division so its no major military operation anyway for the initial phase.

So the end result will be Israeli occupation in Gaza, well done Hamas I bet you couldn't figure that out before firing the rockets.
I am not entirely sure that Israel would want to re-occupy Gaza. It doesnt really serve their best interests. Since they pulled out, Hamas will have been able to retrain and re-equip their own forces, which will now make any new occupation quite a bit tougher on the Israeli forces. Also, there would be little chance to gain only strategic points - the Gaza Strip is about 26 miles long by about 6 miles wide. The rockets Hamas are firing into Israel appear to have enough range to mean that any attack launched from within the Strip will hit a target in Israel.

Do they really want to commit to this? What would be their gains? We can all sit here and say it may reduce rocket and mortar attacks, but would this be enough to justify a new occupation? Will this reduce popular support for Hamas in the PNA? Could this be a ploy to draw the rest of the world into open conflict with Iran? Doubtful, seeing as we were duped into invading Iraq based on the presence of WMD's. So is this just Israel putting Hamas in its place?

I also think it is an incredibly foolish thing to say that we should stay well out of it. I dont think the rest of the world really has that much choice in the matter. It will be a case of 'your damned if you dont'. What the governments of the world should be doing right now is looking at what they can do to try and help end the conflict via diplomatic means. I dont think for one second anyone is saying we should send troops in. For starters, we dont have enough. And secondly, we would then be aiding the Palestinians - lets face it, the Israelis dont need our help to wipe them out, do they.

Unfortunately Jews, Muslims and Christians have not lived in peace before, during or after the creation of Israel. Israel is not the problem, religious differences are.

Unfortunately Jews, Muslims and Christians have not lived in peace before, during or after the creation of Israel. Israel is not the problem, religious differences are.

Bang on. Unfortunately though, humans being humans, I am pretty sure we would all fall out over something different though, if there were no religion. In this instance, it makes everything 1000% harder to handle.

This is just pro-Palestinian rhetoric, and doesnt really help portray a clear picture of what is going on there. Any minute now, less pleasant members here will fall back onto their favourite anti-Palestine links to counter this.

lol lol lol
this is the funniest post of this year so far . even the israel scum adress them as Palestinians. but again you know better than the rest of the world

So lets go back in history. Before WW1 the Ottoman Empire ruled over Palestine, then after WW1 the British occupied it. Yes there was an area called Palestine, but who ever said that they were a people, and who ever said that there was a state? It's like people who live in Sherwood Forest would start saying that they are Sherwoodforesters and that it's a State. The area "Palestine" was never controlled by arabs! So stop confusing yourselves by thinking that Palestinians are a type of people. They are not! They are Arab muslims, and so is Lebanon, Jordan, Eygpt, Syria, Saudia Arabia, Iraq, etc.... If you can tell me the difference in the people who live in those countries and "Palestinians" then I would agree for a Palestinian State, but there is no difference! They are all Arab Muslims.

So lets go back in history. Before WW1 the Ottoman Empire ruled over Palestine, then after WW1 the British occupied it. Yes there was an area called Palestine, but who ever said that they were a people, and who ever said that there was a state? It's like people who live in Sherwood Forest would start saying that they are Sherwoodforesters and that it's a State. The area "Palestine" was never controlled by arabs! So stop confusing yourselves by thinking that Palestinians are a type of people. They are not! They are Arab muslims, and so is Lebanon, Jordan, Eygpt, Syria, Saudia Arabia, Iraq, etc.... If you can tell me the difference in the people who live in those countries and "Palestinians" then I would agree for a Palestinian State, but there is no difference! They are all Arab Muslims.
The majority of this is completely untrue and incorrect and has nothing to do with this topic at all? You have made your stance quite clear on a number of times in repetition now. Why do feel the need to go on about it?

your logic is wired up . all these countries aint countries they are just arabs . iraq aint a country lol . by your logic it aint . . :Laugh:

They are Arab muslims, and so is Lebanon, Jordan, Eygpt, Syria, Saudia Arabia, Iraq, etc.... If you can tell me the difference in the people who live in those countries and "Palestinians" then I would agree for a Palestinian State, but there is no difference! They are all Arab Muslims.

have i and the rest of the peeps read your comment correctly?
are you saying that they are all muslims in palestine, syria, eygpt, SA, and iraq?

have i and the rest of the peeps read your comment correctly?
are you saying that they are all muslims in palestine, syria, eygpt, SA, and iraq?
Look, just ignore what he is saying - he is trying to drag this of course in order to start an argument.

It is plainly obvious that the countries he is listing are not all made up of Muslims. And this has almost zero to do with the topic.

Truth does not change. Truth is truth. If something was true 50 years ago, 40 years ago, 30 years ago, it is still true today.

And the truth is that only 30 years ago, there was very little confusion on this issue of Palestine.

You might remember the late Israeli Prime Minister Golda Meir making the bold political statement: "There is no such thing as a Palestinian people."

The statement has been a source of ridicule and derision by Arab propagandists ever since. They love to talk about Golda Meir's "racism." They love to suggest she was in historical denial. They love to say her statement is patently false – an intentional lie, a strategic deception.

What they don't like to talk about, however, are the very similar statements made by Yasser Arafat and his inner circle of political leadership years after Meir had told the truth – that there is no distinct Palestinian cultural or national identity.

So, despite the fact that conventional wisdom has now proclaimed that there is such a thing as the Palestinian people, I'm going to raise those uncomfortable quotations made by Arafat and his henchmen when their public-relations guard was down.

Way back on March 31, 1977, the Dutch newspaper Trouw published an interview with Palestine Liberation Organization executive committee member Zahir Muhsein. Here's what he said:

The Palestinian people does not exist. The creation of a Palestinian state is only a means for continuing our struggle against the state of Israel for our Arab unity. In reality today there is no difference between Jordanians, Palestinians, Syrians and Lebanese. Only for political and tactical reasons do we speak today about the existence of a Palestinian people, since Arab national interests demand that we posit the existence of a distinct "Palestinian people" to oppose Zionism.

For tactical reasons, Jordan, which is a sovereign state with defined borders, cannot raise claims to Haifa and Jaffa, while as a Palestinian, I can undoubtedly demand Haifa, Jaffa, Beer-Sheva and Jerusalem. However, the moment we reclaim our right to all of Palestine, we will not wait even a minute to unite Palestine and Jordan.

im also suprised like many that

why has barack obama not said anything about the current situation to date.

he doesn't start work till the 20th.

thanks for clearing that up but surely for a new incoming president of the US more likely than not would have said sommat?

The majority of this is completely untrue and incorrect and has nothing to do with this topic at all? You have made your stance quite clear on a number of times in repetition now. Why do feel the need to go on about it?

I do not think you are qualified to make comments like that, here is what you said on the matter
karym6 You are quite wrong - Palestine has been a country in the past .
It's obvious you know nothing about the history of the region, and stop trying to be a mod

thanks for clearing that up but surely for a new incoming president of the US more likely than not would have said sommat?
He has said a few things. But what more do you want him to do? His own country needs attention right now.

The US is never going to offer a great deal of support further than words and food/medicine to a country run by an organisation they class as a terrorist group.

i'm almost certain he'll have quite a lot to say on the 20th

i'm almost certain he'll have quite a lot to say on the 20th
Well, would it matter? Bush has blamed it all on Hamas in the news so far. It wouldnt acheive much for Obama to say much in contradiction when he has an election promise to keep.

I would think there will be more said from Europe, from what I have been reading on the BBC news about this, Hamas are using new rockets with a much greater range now. So this could have a strategic impact on Europe...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back