Israeli troops 'move into Gaza'

Status
Not open for further replies.

karym6

DW Regular
Reaction score
Israeli ground troops have begun to enter the Gaza Strip, Israeli military officials have confirmed.

Palestinian witnesses said a small column of vehicles had crossed the border near the town of Beit Lahiya.

Earlier, Israeli artillery and tanks massed near the border bombarded the territory for the first time since the campaign against Hamas began last week.

In one raid, at least 13 people were killed when a missile hit a crowded mosque in Beit Lahiya, medics said.

BBC NEWS | World | Middle East | Israeli troops 'move into Gaza'

Can we all try very hard not to get this one closed please? This is a pretty majot change in the events there.

Oh dear, while I can see both sides to this... I fear things are going tits up pretty fast... russia with georgia... now this...

ww3 soon anyone ?

People of Palestine you are in my prayers. Lets hope this injustice stops soon!

Israel needs to be stopped......... this is absolutely crazy..

As usual, dumb ass Bush blames Hamas and has no problem with Israel to retaliate and kill hundreds of innocent people including children, women and elderly people.

Israel needs to understand that killing hundreds of innocent people will create thousands of new terrorists.

Obama has been very quiet since Israel has started this terror campaign, but like usual the American policies will always stay intact no matter which president comes on board..

My prayers are with Palestinian people...

mmm no tbh once the hamas terrorits stop sending rockets over the line and they are taken out it will stop

So in other words, you're saying that it's ok to kill hundreds of innocent people to achieve this?

Come on guys, lets keep this one straight. Hamas being in power doesnt help the situation, thier continued attacks on Israel are completely wrong and they always make the situation worse - they dont seem to help one bit at all .

However, a continued bombardment by Israel on Gaza is equally as wrong. We see Hamas as a terrorist group, however they are duly elected to power at the moment. How many other countries have ex-terrorists now sitting in seats of power??

Anyway, when I saw this actually happen on Sky News one reporter made a very good point - what has happend in Gaza to provoke such a strong reaction? He said, and I am unable to quote, that the US thinks Israels response is disproportianate to the initial attacks and that same reporter posed a question - are these attacks and this psuedo invasion designed to acheive anything?

Hamas are terrorist sponsored by Iran
They need to be stopped.
Have you also noticed how other Arab countries are saying nothing,
They don't give aid or money, Rich Arab countries are giving nothing as they also want rid of Hamas terrorist.
Save your tears for the ex Woolworth worker, our poxy government giving money to terrorist but stick two fingers up at the working class people of this country.
The sooner Israel stop Hammas the better

So in other words, you're saying that it's ok to kill hundreds of innocent people to achieve this?

I know nothing of this conflict and do not want to either....

But allroad never said that!, that is putting words in his mouth mate and out of order!

What are you a Mod now? NO
Let the mods do the modding

i actually agree with karym on this one lol (post 11, first sentence)

many threads get closed and alot of the time it is because people have took things the wrong way.

for eg beeny did by saying allroad said its ok to kill hundreds of innocent people which he never, he just said it will stop once the terrorists are wiped out.

beeny? how are terrorist innocent people?

Last edited:
it will stop once the terrorists are wiped out

I agree, there are far to many Israeli terrorists that need to be stopped.
Mass demonstrations are being constructed all over the world and a very very high majority of the world is against what Israel have been carry out.
Those who support them are open to their views, but its pretty obvious whos the real terrorists IMO :)

I agree, there are far to many Israeli terrorists that need to be stopped.
Mass demonstrations are being constructed all over the world and a very very high majority of the world is against what Israel have been carry out.
Those who support them are open to their views, but its pretty obvious whos the real terrorists IMO :)

please dont quote me there m8 I never mentioned Israeli terrorists I was referring to Hamas !

As been said before the Palestinian people voted in a terrorist organisation to govern them, what else did they really expect ?

And what really pisses me off is did you see all the protesters in central London ? not only at the Israeli embassey but about 20 thousand of them at Trafalga square demanding WE intervene, what the **** has it got to do with us ? ... NOTHING .. last time we intervened in a Muslim Country we had them blowing up our tube network ! we're wrong if we do something to try and help and we're wrong if we don't so **** it I say, let em get on with it

Israel will most likely move into Gaza and stay put in strategic military positions that give them the best chance to stop any further rocket attacks. It's probably no more than a battalion/division so its no major military operation anyway for the initial phase.

So the end result will be Israeli occupation in Gaza, well done Hamas I bet you couldn't figure that out before firing the rockets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back