Israel vows lasting Gaza campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
International call for Gaza truce

International call for Gaza truce
Smoke billows over Gaza (30/12/2008)
Gaza has been hit by Israeli air strikes for a fourth day

Foreign ministers from the countries of the Middle East Quartet have called for an immediate end to the fighting in Gaza and southern Israel.

Palestinian officials say more than 360 people have been killed in Israeli military strikes since Saturday.

Four Israelis have also been killed, by rockets fired into Israel by Hamas militants in the Gaza Strip.

The Quartet, of the US, EU, UN and Russia, urged "an immediate ceasefire that would be fully respected".

"They called on all parties to address the serious humanitarian and economic needs in Gaza and to take necessary measures to ensure the continuous provision of humanitarian supplies," said the statement.

Meanwhile France's Foreign Minister Bernard Kouchner said Israel and Hamas should end hostilities permanently, after EU ministers met in Paris.

Mr Kouchner told French media: "We want a ceasefire".

"We want it to be permanent, to be respected, with humanitarian access because there are many victims," he said, adding that the EU also wanted to see a return to the peace discussions.

He said a joint statement was still being prepared but that "there is no difference on this point, on the contrary".

The announcements came as Israel confirmed that a rocket fired by Hamas militants in Gaza landed in the town of Beersheba, 42km (26 miles) inside Israeli.

The attack is the furthest a missile has ever reached inside Israel.

Zionism denies human equality, as it is founded on the racist idea that by birth the Children of Israel as "God's Chosen People" are a cut above the rest of the world. They claim that the Land of Canaan (Palestine) is promised to them exclusively by none other than God Himself.

In fact, their own Torah says that the Land of Canaan is given to Abraham's "seed" (Genesis 17:8-9), who should reasonably include all the children of Abraham. But from the angle of Zionist interpretation, Abraham's firstborn Ishmael and his children have no right to the Promised Land.

What is funny is that the "secularist", postmodern "civilized" world led by the self-styled upholders of "democracy, freedom and human rights" supports, for all practical purposes, the racist claim that YHWH (God) about four thousand years ago had granted to the Israelis exclusive right to Palestine now occupied by the Zionists.

And the State of Israel illegally founded on Arab land in 1948 is allowed to hold hundreds of thousands of Palestinian Arabs ransom. Their atrocities began with the massacre of over 250 Palestinian men, women and children of Deir Yassin committed by terrorist gangs led by Menachem Begin.

And then on they brutally murdered thousands of Palestinian men, women and children and destroyed their homes, farms, shops, and other workplaces ignoring world criticism.

In the West Bank and Gaza, the Israeli government inflicted collective punishments on the Palestinians such as curfews, house demolitions, and closure of roads, schools and community institutions. Hundreds of Palestinian activists were deported and tens of thousands of acres of Palestinian land were confiscated.

Torture of Palestinian prisoners has been a common practice, and scores of people have died in detention from abuse or neglect. And Israel has built hundreds of settlements on Palestinian land and permitted hundreds of thousands of its own Jewish citizens to move there, defying international law. (Karen Armstrong: The Battle for God (Harper Collins, London, 2001).)

The systematic occupation of more and more of Arab land by Israel has been going on all the while. It was made easy for Israel to do this by the United States. It is interesting to note that Israel goes on changing its border as it needs more and more land for its planned expansion at the expense of the Palestinians.

The "Intifada" (the Uprising) and the recent "martyr-operations" of the Palestinians is the last ditch battle of a people for their basic human rights. But the world media distort the facts to tell the world a different story.

The Americans who support the racist claims of Israel have no qualms at all in bankrolling and arming the Israelis to deny the Palestinians their birthright to their homeland. Speaking of the present siege of Gaza by Israel, Ramzi Kysia, a member of the Free Gaza Movement writes:

"Because of the siege, eighty percent of families in Gaza are now dependent on international food aid just to be able to eat…. Running water is now available to most households for only four to six hours a day. Sewage treatment centers no longer function properly….The humanitarian condition of the one and a half million men, women, and children illegally incarcerated in Gaza is now at its worst point in the last forty years of Israeli occupation." (Ramzi Kysia, Gaza: Breaking Into a Prison)

Patrick O'Connor, an activist with International Solidarity Movement states about Gaza: "The conflict here is driven by the imprisonment of a people -- the theft of their land and the denial of their basic rights. Israeli policies, and US complicity, are feeding desperation, and dimming hopes for achieving peace any time soon."

And now the Israelis have started bombing heavily populated residential neighborhoods in Gaza, massacring hundreds. And the "civilized" world looks the other way.

The foregoing clearly highlights the plight of the Palestinians; and all dignified humans have a duty to uphold their cause. And the Muslims of the world – Arab or non-Arab – are proud to do this duty of supporting their hapless brothers and sisters in Palestine in their struggle for freedom.

time will come when truth will prevail evil

Never have I read such verbal diarrhea Pure bile m8

should try reading your own posts then m8 .

Really, it was obvious that it was copied and pasted from some Anti-semetic site by someone who knows nothing of the history surrounding Israel

I Honestly think if Hamas had stopped firing rockets into Israel then this wouldn't have happened . I remember months ago reading about the rockets that were being fired into Israel so what do you expect them to do ? If i lived there i would expect my government to stop it one way or another . This is the reason that a lot of people seem to be on the Israelis side .If the Palestinians want everyone on their side then let the world see that Israel is the instigator in the hostilities and i don't think it works with most people bringing up wrongs that have been committed in the past . Rightly or wrongly Israel is there .Its not going to get up and move to Alaska or some other remote region so the sooner everyone recognises this and gets on with trying to live with it the better it will be.Well thats my opinion anyway

Really, it was obvious that it was copied and pasted from some Anti-semetic site by someone who knows nothing of the history surrounding Israel

Hmm I thought the same. No need to post that antisemitic crap written by some fascist.

Keep it to a discussion please folks. We dont want the thread to degenrate into a slanging match.

i thought i was a great piece of writing , from a guy that knows whats going on . .

The article preaches such broad hatred that it seemed irrelevant to the topic being discussed.

The thread title is about Israel recently announcing that it would go on a bombing campaign and not about the biblical teachings thousands of years ago.

I Honestly think if Hamas had stopped firing rockets into Israel then this wouldn't have happened . I remember months ago reading about the rockets that were being fired into Israel so what do you expect them to do ? If i lived there i would expect my government to stop it one way or another . This is the reason that a lot of people seem to be on the Israelis side .If the Palestinians want everyone on their side then let the world see that Israel is the instigator in the hostilities and i don't think it works with most people bringing up wrongs that have been committed in the past . Rightly or wrongly Israel is there .Its not going to get up and move to Alaska or some other remote region so the sooner everyone recognises this and gets on with trying to live with it the better it will be.Well thats my opinion anyway
There is a little more to it than just that. Unfortunately, there are a lot of ifs and buts when it comes to Israel :(

Hamas should never have gotten the opportunity to hold a majority in any type of government for starters. As you can see here, the topic sparks debate and fights...

i thought i was a great piece of writing , from a guy that knows whats going on . .

Wow that's all it takes to radicalize someone amazing, the UK does have some very serious problems

this guys crap is one of the main reasons i dont come on here often apart from not having an internet connection all the time

I have just been told that you are karym6 is this true ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back