Israel vows lasting Gaza campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by countryboy
m8 are you just out to wind people up . Palestine is a state now and was a country before . it has its own pm its own goverment . . im guessing your just out to have a fight .

I am telling you a fact not here to fight as I am neither Jew nor Arab, nor do I have any friends that are so I am completely neutral, but it is a fact that Palestine has never been a state or a country and I challenge you to prove me wrong

And karym6 just because I dont agree with you dont try the bully boy tatics with me, try and prove me wrong with facts not your silly liittle snot remarks.

Moderator mode ON:

Although these subjects can be quite emotive can you please try to keep your personal animosities to an absolute minimum. We dont want to turn an interesting discussion into a personal slanging match !

Moderator mode OFF:

I am telling you a fact not here to fight as I am neither Jew nor Arab, nor do I have any friends that are so I am completely neutral, but it is a fact that Palestine has never been a state or a country and I challenge you to prove me wrong

And karym6 just because I dont agree with you dont try the bully boy tatics with me, try and prove me wrong with facts not your silly liittle snot remarks.

http://www.jmcc.org/documents/palestineconstitution-eng.pdf

Status of Israel and Palestine

oh btw 96 other countries also accept it as a state .

Last edited:
However, its not a thread about the validity of Palestine as a country in its own right, its about the attacks that are currently taking place between the two.

I notice on the BBC news site that Israel is planning a long offensive. I am not sure what they are trying to gain - surely pusuing the discussions on giving the Palestinians a country again would lead to peace over air strikes?

This already appears to be spilling out into Egypt as well now according to the BBC. I fear that if Israel continues down this path then only more people will get dragged in.

Also, this doesnt really lend any weight to getting the Palestinians back a country.

However, its not a thread about the validity of Palestine as a country in its own right, its about the attacks that are currently taking place between the two.

I notice on the BBC news site that Israel is planning a long offensive. I am not sure what they are trying to gain - surely pusuing the discussions on giving the Palestinians a country again would lead to peace over air strikes?

This already appears to be spilling out into Egypt as well now according to the BBC. I fear that if Israel continues down this path then only more people will get dragged in.

Also, this doesnt really lend any weight to getting the Palestinians back a country.

of course it is m8 this is an attack on another nation . so it has alot to do with it . other countries need to step in .

Unfortunately, thats very true BUT the first step is probably not to elect a government that has its roots and its stated aims based in terrorism

You say that but in any war or conflict the aim is to do as much damage to the enemy as you can whilst minimising your own losses. As far as Israel are concerned that is precisely what they are doing.

If they can "awe" the other side into submission without casualties of there own then they will of achieved their objectives. Wars are ugly, they always have been and they always will be !

again i dont feel there was any need for war, palestinians aint got nothing to fight with for a start, people there cant even get out the city if they wanted to. These so calledrockets killed one civillian(RIP).

I think it is childish, remind me of people on estates down the road. how there at war with each other. they cant go to each other estates and if they do they will get beaten up! or even worse shanked! then the other will retaliate by doing something worse.

as far as electing concerned i would like to say as well as people there probably being uneducated i dont think there were many alternatives.

also once this is all over the young palestinians, how would they feel towards the state of israel. people will be there who have lost most family friends because of these attacks. They will be vulnerable to being brainwashed.

I dont see no solution with these attacks!

of course it is m8 this is an attack on another nation . so it has alot to do with it . other countries need to step in .
Thing is, a lot of states do not recognise Palestine as a country. It fails a few of the tests needed to be considered a country.

For instance, it has no police force, millitary or embassies. The last point is a grey area, naturally where states do recognise Palestine as a country then they could set up diplomatic relations. I dont think the US recognises Palestine as a state at the moment, and neither does the UN - which are major stumbling blocks.

I think this topic is seperate to the whole scale slaughter that is taking place there now, however.

And who exactly is going to do that ?

Israel has already stated many times that they will not look favourably on other countries interfering.

ok so we let the big bullies away with then . ops if it was oil rich im sure a few certain countries might jump in . oh and when you say isreal what you should say is america cause they suplly them with all the weapons these animals need .

Damn! These old maps must be forgeries then.:(

Did you know that there was never any country called Palestine? Did you know that there is no such thing as a Palestinian people?

The ideas that the West Bank and Gaza are occupied Palestinian land, and that the Palestinian people are fighting for their land, have been accepted by most of the governments of the world and by most of the media in the world. But if you read on, you will see that these two claims are the biggest lies ever deliberately perpetrated on humanity.

Check out any map of the Middle East and see for yourself. You will find Palestine listed as a region as it always has been, but definitely not a country. We can locate the Mojave Desert on the map, but we still do not recognize it as the 51st state of America, let alone a country. Similarly, the region of Siberia is a region not a state. Or the Sahara is a region not a state, etc. Neither is Palestine a state. It never was a country, just a region.

Last edited:
Did you know that there was never any country called Palestine? Did you know that there is no such thing as a Palestinian people?

The ideas that the West Bank and Gaza are occupied Palestinian land, and that the Palestinian people are fighting for their land, have been accepted by most of the governments of the world and by most of the media in the world. But if you read on, you will see that these two claims are the biggest lies ever deliberately perpetrated on humanity.

Check out any map of the Middle East and see for yourself. You will find Palestine listed as a region as it always has been, but definitely not a country. We can locate the Mojave Desert on the map, but we still do not recognize it as our 51st state, let alone a country. Similarly, the region of Siberia is a region not a state. Or the Sahara is a region not a state, etc. Neither is Palestine a state. It never was a country, just a region.

ok m8 i give in you know better than even their abassor for ireland . hell what would he know .

...We can locate the Mojave Desert on the map, but we still do not recognize it as our 51st state

Why do you say "we still do not recognise it as our 51st state"?

Anyway, this sounds very much like Israeli rhetoric - they dont agree that there has ever been a seperate Palestinian people. Naturally, this contradicts with Arabic rhetoric.

ok m8 i give in you know better than even their abassor for ireland . hell what would he know .

587 BCE Babylonian Destruction of the first Temple.
538-333 BCE Persian Return of the exiled Jews from Babylon and construction of the second Temple (520-515 BCE).
333-63 BCE Hellenistic Conquest of the region by the army of Alexander the Great (333 BCE). The Greeks generally allowed the Jews to run their state. But, during the rule of the king Antiochus IV, the Temple was desecrated. This brought about the revolt of the Maccabees, who established an independent rule. The related events are celebrated during the Hanukah holiday.
63 BCE-313 CE Roman The Roman army led by Titus conquered Jerusalem and destroyed the Second Temple at 70 CE. Jewish people were then exiled and dispersed to the Diaspora. In 132, Bar Kokhba organized a revolt against Roman rule, but was killed in a battle in Bethar in Judean Hills. Subsequently the Romans decimated the Jewish community, renamed Jerusalem as Aelia Capitolina and Judea as Palaestina to obliterate Jewish identification with the Land of Israel (the word Palestine, and the Arabic word Filastin originate from this Latin name).

The remaining Jewish community moved to northern towns in the Galilee. Around 200 CE the Sanhedrin was moved to Tsippori (Zippori, Sepphoris). The Head of Sanhedrin, Rabbi Yehuda HaNassi (Judah the Prince), compiled the Jewish oral law, Mishna.
313-636 Byzantine
636-1099 Arab Dome of the Rock was built by Caliph Abd el-Malik on the grounds of the destroyed Jewish Temple.
1099-1291 Crusaders The crusaders came from Europe to capture the Holy Land following an appeal by Pope Urban II, and massacred the non-Christian population. Later Jewish community in Jerusalem expanded by immigration of Jews from Europe.
1291-1516 Mamluk
1516-1918 Ottoman During the reign of Sultan Suleiman the Magnificent (1520-1566) the walls of the Old City of Jerusalem were rebuilt. Population of the Jewish community in Jerusalem increased.
1917-1948 British Great Britain recognized the rights of the Jewish people to establish a "national home in Palestine". Yet they greatly curtailed entry of Jewish refugees into Israel even after World War II. They split Palestine mandate into an Arab state which has become the modern day Jordan, and Israel.

again i dont feel there was any need for war, palestinians aint got nothing to fight with for a start, people there cant even get out the city if they wanted to. These so calledrockets killed one civillian(RIP).

Its not really a matter of one civilian being killed (although I think others have also been killed previously), its a matter of security. The Israeli civilians want to be able to live without the fear of constant attacks and have made that quite clear to their government.

By allowing the rocket attack to continue on an almost daily basis the Hamas government have shown that they are either complicit with terrorism or aren't willing to act against it. In Israeli eyes that makes them culpable and unfit to govern.

I think it is childish, remind me of people on estates down the road. how there at war with each other. they cant go to each other estates and if they do they will get beaten up! or even worse shanked! then the other will retaliate by doing something worse.

Agreed, but thats the way things are. Conflicts like this always have always been part of human nature.

as far as electing concerned i would like to say as well as people there probably being uneducated i dont think there were many alternatives.

Again, agreed. But even uneducated people could take a good guess as to the consequences of provoking a hornets nest. The main problem is ingrained hatred. Education may alleviate that but I have my doubts.

also once this is all over the young palestinians, how would they feel towards the state of israel. people will be there who have lost most family friends because of these attacks. They will be vulnerable to being brainwashed.

Yes, unfortuantely they will and there are always people willing to manipulate them. There is no real solution to this problem.

I dont see no solution with these attacks!

Israel are very heavy handed. Their aim is to eliminate as many Hamas as they can and to give a lesson to the general Palestinian population that Israel will retalliate when provoked. Israels hope is that if the general population get that message then maybe they will be persuaded to try a different approach. Somehow, I doubt it will work !

Israel are very heavy handed. Their aim is to eliminate as many Hamas as they can and to give a lesson to the general Palestinian population that Israel will retalliate when provoked. Israels hope is that if the general population get that message then maybe they will be persuaded to try a different approach. Somehow, I doubt it will work !

Neither do I, afterall look at our efforts in Afghanistan. We took a hardline there and the Taliban are now resurgent :(.

il tell him next time he is over . im sure it will come to suprise to him . lol
it isnt that surprising really, given ROI's strong links to America. You can see from that map that a large amount of other countries in the world have ties with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back