Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Phone Unlocking is this true?

Remove battery cover and battery, the plum housing portion comes out, just run your finger nail along the edge on one side then on the other, once done there are 2 T6 screws at the top just remove those and the plastic power button bit and the phone should lift apart from the screen, dont force it as the ribbon will still be connected from the screen to the phone PCB. Just lift the ribbon connector off the board with a flat screwdriver, be carefull :)

Cant remember the full video location, however this should show you how to remove the back cover, you dont have to remove the front [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H17VE7gmlUA[/ame]

cheers bud just done what it showed on that vid and the wee up button on the volume has came off, its as if the solder has "gave way" and is no longer holding the button in place so to turn up the music i have to take the caseing off and press it with a small screwdriver :(

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Do you have a fine soldering iron, it should be possible to solder the original back on? You have to be good with the iron though, you dont want to do more damage... Try a shop they should put it back on for you, for about a fiver or a new one for £10 or so :)

Do you have a fine soldering iron, it should be possible to solder the original back on? You have to be good with the iron though, you dont want to do more damage... Try a shop they should put it back on for you, for about a fiver or a new one for £10 or so :)

its a big chunky bugger of a soldering iron i've got :(

that was my first thought just soldering it back on but i dont wanna make an arse of it

i'll take it to the shop and see what it'll cost me :( this fone is costing me more money by the day

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

lol, will be worth it in the end :) its not a major fix so let the shop do it, shouldnt cost much but make sure you dont damage the pads where its to be soldered on :)

hey all

got the n95 today (the original silver yin)

and it was an ex-contract my cousin (roro786) got his upgrade so i bought his other one

so i takes it into a shop and the fella says i can unlock it but it may not work because its just off a contract

it was contracted to orange and i wanna use it on o2

is that true?

btw its £20 for unlocking it

i dont care bout the price just wanna use my new fone and old sim :)

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

I Payed £20 for mine to be unlocked so sounds about right.

And the bit about contract is nonsense, it doesn't matter wether it was PAYG or CONTRACT. As long as it's not barred/blocked then its sound :Cheers:

i think i need a new battery

i'm lucky if the battery lasts 1 day :(

is ebay the cheapest? not had a look yet but htought this was the best place toask :)

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

does anyone have any vids or tuts on how to completely dismantle the n95 original one?

i can take the casing off but dont have a clue from there

its just so i can solder one of the volume buttons back on

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

does anyone have any vids or tuts on how to completely dismantle the n95 original one?

i can take the casing off but dont have a clue from there

its just so i can solder one of the volume buttons back on

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

heres the service manual. may help you

hi mate, its worth looking on the nokia site to see what warranty they offer. i had an ericcson that 02 shop wouldnt fix as it was just over a year old - i went on the ericcson site and it said 2yrs so they enforced it. also its a bit late now but you dont need to pay for unlocking the n95, its just a software update - the infos on dw and i can confirm it works

damn wish i had found it £25 ago :(

this fone is over 18 months old tho so it may have a 2 year warranty on it :)

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

hey all

got the n95 today (the original silver yin)

and it was an ex-contract my cousin (roro786) got his upgrade so i bought his other one

so i takes it into a shop and the fella says i can unlock it but it may not work because its just off a contract

it was contracted to orange and i wanna use it on o2

is that true?

btw its £20 for unlocking it

i dont care bout the price just wanna use my new fone and old sim :)

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

same problem

i think i need a new battery

i'm lucky if the battery lasts 1 day :(

is ebay the cheapest? not had a look yet but htought this was the best place toask :)

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Most of the batteries sold on eBay are rubbish - chinese copies that don't last more than a couple of hours. Spend the money and buy an original battery.
a50abba8132a77191791390c3eb19fe7.gif
:banana:

Back