is this a scam on ebay

Massively obvious scam if u ask me. No previous history of selling those types of items, seller is UK based yet text all typical broken engrish, no photos of actual items.

Looks like a hacked account possibly. you may be covered by eBay but not PayPal, you'd have to end up claiming on your credit card - which u don't have.

Plus, all sales are AU$ and seller profile says ...Member since: 04-Dec-01 in Australia. How odd to suddenly have an item for sale in London and way below the average ebay price.

avoid like the plague

supposed UK but confirm zip code usually associated by others like US

thanks..ive left appropriate feedback to protect others...

ok heres something , as i left negative feedback for this seller and i spoke to ebay about paying for this item, they said they do allow credit cards to be used as an option for the seller to accept payment, however im still not too sure, the seller has said that he will post the item to me as COD ( cash on delivery)..read THIS , even that doesnt sound very promising, he has also asked me to remove the negative feedback as its ruining his business...

Too many doubts to risk that sort of money. If he's that twitchy about your feedback, that's another.

I'd be inclined to leave the feedback as it is. It's true, you've lost nothing, and he may come back with an alternative.

If he does, be wary about that as well, but re-assess. TBH I wouldn't touch it with a bargepole, but then I don't want one.

save your cash and time johnny m8

love his pic as well on the phone lol ;)

save your cash and time johnny m8

Love his pic as well on the phone lol ;)
Didn't notice that first time round, copied off the most expensive one of the "people also viewed" display probably.
Don't think cheeky tw*t is strong enough, except for here.

im having a an interesting email chat with him, he says to me that he is going to post out the item tommorrow as COD, and it would take a week for the item to arrive, i pointed out the fact that why would it take a week when in your add it says 24 hour paercel froce and the iitem is located in london, waiting for a reply, trouble with item on COD is that you have to pay before you get the item or see what it is from the post office, could be anything in the package. I have assured him that if he sends the item to my house, i will gladely pay him the money via bank transfer or credit card ( my brothers) or even paypal ill pay the fee...see what he says....he also says for me to remove the neg feedback as its affecting his business..i have recieved a email to close the transaction from ebay...will wait a little longer and see what he says. He has some iphones for sale as well..the other neg feedback that someone has left for similar reason has been ammeneded by the buyer as he said he made a mistake...perhaps he is genuine..............or NOT LOL:proud:

Strange situation, but you're doing well. In a way, you've got him by the nuts, pity the other neg was withdrawn, both badly affected his relatively little feedback.

How about mailing the one who withdrew neg via ebay, see what he/she says? Either way you've done nothing wrong, the pressure's on him. Sit tight and see?

Another thing occurs, it's kinda early, or late if you like. If he's in London and you're both awake, it's a bit unusual !

edit:- just noticed he admits to being in Australia, explains the timing. I thought COD to them was delivery to a post office, paid before package opened.

Makes you wonder why he doesn't sell them in Australia, but once you get suspicious, it's difficult to stop. He's sold 18, in 24hours, none confirmed delivered if it takes a week.

He's supposedly been an ebay member since 2001, he's not sold much in that time. If he's genuine there's no reason for him to panic, they would still be a bargain, so what's his rush?

Last edited:
cant really contact other ebay member as he left negative feedback...his ebay id cannot be clicked on to send message...i also noticed that this listing came live on ebay at easter weekend, when there is no post...maybe a coincidence or as it says in the postage details royal mail 24 meaning delivered within 24 hrs, but expected delivery is wedneady 23rd april..since no deliverys until the 23rd april i suppose it gives him more time to rake in the cash..

cant really contact other ebay member as he left negative feedback...his ebay id cannot be clicked on to send message...i also noticed that this listing came live on ebay at easter weekend, when there is no post...maybe a coincidence or as it says in the postage details royal mail 24 meaning delivered within 24 hrs, but expected delivery is wedneady 23rd april..since no deliverys until the 23rd april i suppose it gives him more time to rake in the cash..
And you more time to justify leaving the neg on. Ebay can contact the other neg sender, should they choose, even if you can't.

Tell him you're trying to get ebay to do it, before cancelling the transaction, or your neg, and see what happens?

As said, he's sold 18 in 24hrs, your neg's not really affecting him, some don't even look at feedback. He's got a one week window before any delivery,

or valid complaints. That's his problem, and it's not your cash. There's an outside chance it could be genuine, but if it looks like a duck etc.

Last edited:
listing has been removed...bloody scam artist...appparently he hujacked someones account according to ebay..well it was too good to be true..damm i want a note 3 lol...

listing has been removed...bloody scam artist...appparently he hujacked someones account according to ebay..well it was too good to be true..damm i want a note 3 lol...

Could have been worse, and lucky you were cautious, think of the others, won't help them but you'll feel happier.:)

The item/listing has ended..., what was it regarding ? thx
samsung galaxy note 3 brand new £250...i suppose those people who paid will be contacting their credit card companies to see if the were protected...dont you fookin hate scammers like that...tossers :Kickassro

After all the red flags, are you seriously still considering it? You are deluded to think that you will be receiving anything but bad news!

glad you didn't lose out,you might have got cash back then again might have not,thanks for the updates.

Back