is that virgin superhub still crap ?

Not a technical gripe but the blue LED does my head in, flashing away day and night the thing never bloody stops flashing!!!

Now I wouldn't mind if the thing was hidden away etc.. But it’s on the TV stand so that’s all I see in the corner of my eye flash flash bloody flash flash!!!

I've thought about tape for a while however the hammer sounds more appealing lol

:SHOOTING:Flash flash

I put a large lump of bluetack over mine! lolol...

right well. its here and all installed

its a shame i cant use 5mhz and 2.4 like my last router as my lappy seems lightning fast BUT i have a better signal all throught the house and it seems to be doing well

Got mines installed as well. Its super fast when hard wired to my PC but the wireless is a bit slow. might need to play with my settings when i get time

Got one installed today & ok so far. WiFi Analyser on my phone says the signal is stronger upstairs than it was on my Netgear but have to try it for a while, see how reliable it is.
HH.

Day 2 of using a superhub after the first few problems such as mobile phones not connecting in fact my OSF kept having the wifi turned off and then not being able to maintain a connection to a server through the wired connection
Two phone calls to 08009539500 and letting the technition have remote access to do the set up for me all seams to be fine. I turn everything off at night and this morning everything connected just fine I have changed my routers SSID from virginmedia####### to the same as my old network so i dont have to tell friends and family the new details so fingers crossed everything keeps being ok

edogg

was your old router and "N" capable one, if it was just an old b/g and one then you should also see an increase in wireless traffic speeds, happy days...!

was your old router and "N" capable one, if it was just an old b/g and one then you should also see an increase in wireless traffic speeds, happy days...!

yes my old router was just b/g but my laptop only has draft "N" wifi card so I have been told i wont be able to get the full wifi speed this is my speed from think broadband thinkbroadband :: Broadband Speed Test Results 28Mbps download and 2.8mbps upload

edogg

49.21 Mbps with speedtest.net so I think they just upgraded me

Last edited:
new firmware released as of today

Super Hub R36 Firmware Rollout
Options
on 12-07-2012 19:22

After a successful beta test and public pilot of our Super Hub's new R36 firmware we're now ready to roll this out to everyone.

Starting tommorrow morning customers on our M20, M+, 100 and XXL 100 tiers will be able to update to the new firmware by rebooting their Super Hub. This will be followed by updates the following week for XL, XXL, L30 and XL60 customers and the week after that for L and 30Mb customers. You can check which tier you're on by logging into my.virginmedia.com.

The new firmware consists of the following changes:

Update to the latest Broadcom wireless drivers.
A fix for issues where downloading large files using the Blizzard Downloader and other multi threaded download applications would cause the Super Hub to reboot.
General improvements to resolve to the Super Hub rebooting or resetting to factory settings during use.
A fix for iPlayer and streaming video problems on the XBox 360 while the Domain Blocking feature is in use.
An updated GUI for the admin screen.
Thanks once again to all our beta testers on the forum for their help proving this firmware release was a solid one.

So what will happen.will the new firmware reset the modem back to default,or will it keep my own settings.

So what will happen.will the new firmware reset the modem back to default,or will it keep my own settings.

u would like to think it keeps them ,, l havnt got one yet or want one ,, but is there an option to save settings on these or only a f/w backup

any firmware upgrade you would expect to lose the settings surly?

There is no config back up for them (well not in modem mode any way)

when i got the beta it kept my settings but some people on virgin forum were saying it had changed

ok lads ive only had the new super hub a fue days its working ok i think but this morning it wont load in to the home page 192.168.0.1 but all the net is working and when they roll out new firmware do they do it or do we have to get it and do it cheers tony

ps does changing 2.4 ghz to 5 ghz make the wifi beter ?

Last edited:
Back