is that virgin superhub still crap ?

ok lads ive only had the new super hub a fue days its working ok i think but this morning it wont load in to the home page 192.168.0.1 but all the net is working and when they roll out new firmware do they do it or do we have to get it and do it cheers tony

ps does changing 2.4 ghz to 5 ghz make the wifi beter ?
When the new firmware comes out the hub should reboot itself (sometimes you have to reboot it yourself). The new firmware started rolling out today so if you reboot your hub you'll probably have it now.

Last edited:
i.p address for virmin is 192.168.100.1

mine is set to 192.168.0.1 . cant remember if i changed it to that or not though. dont think i did as it has reset its own settings a few times and i dont remember changeing it.

Latest info from virgin media
Starting tommorrow morning customers on our M20, M+, 100 and XXL 100 tiers will be able to update to the new firmware by rebooting their Super Hub. This will be followed by updates the following week for XL, XXL, L30 and XL60 customers and the week after that for L and 30Mb customers. You can check which tier you're on by logging into my.virginmedia.com.

The new firmware consists of the following changes:

Update to the latest Broadcom wireless drivers.
A fix for issues where downloading large files using the Blizzard Downloader and other multi threaded download applications would cause the Super Hub to reboot.
General improvements to resolve to the Super Hub rebooting or resetting to factory settings during use.
A fix for iPlayer and streaming video problems on the XBox 360 while the Domain Blocking feature is in use.
An updated GUI for the admin screen.

mine is set to 192.168.0.1 . cant remember if i changed it to that or not though. dont think i did as it has reset its own settings a few times and i dont remember changeing it.

You can access all the hubs through 192.168.0.1 & 192.168.100.1, think they come like that.

ok lads ive only had the new super hub a fue days its working ok i think but this morning it wont load in to the home page 192.168.0.1 but all the net is working and when they roll out new firmware do they do it or do we have to get it and do it cheers tony

ps does changing 2.4 ghz to 5 ghz make the wifi beter ?

I get this on my current firmware R30 - sometimes going to the SH page doesnt load up .. so its been a bug since R30

ok sorry if you have missunderstud me yesterday when i set it up i loaded the webpage on 192.168.0.1 but now all i get is it says it times out and not loadup so i think im going to have to pull the power out to give it a reboot and how do you till what firmware is on it pls ?

ok lads ive neaver herd my daughter shout so much saying something ent working so ive i put this shit in to modem mode can i change it back to try when the new software is rolled out

ok lads ive neaver herd my daughter shout so much saying something ent working so ive i put this shit in to modem mode can i change it back to try when the new software is rolled out

yes you can mate :)

just untick it, there is an option, the same one you ticked to make it into a "modem"

ok lads i tryed it in modem mode but my router didnt work not sure what i could have done wrong i put one lead to the in on the router from the modem then used the outs on the router but nothing work so i got him to put it back as it was and now i cant get back on to the web page to change it back so the wifi will work rebooteb 3 times and still no luck loadeing 192.168.0.1 im peedoff with it after just a fue day as i cant do things my self i have to get my son inlaw to help

ok lads i tryed it in modem mode but my router didnt work not sure what i could have done wrong i put one lead to the in on the router from the modem then used the outs on the router but nothing work so i got him to put it back as it was and now i cant get back on to the web page to change it back so the wifi will work rebooteb 3 times and still no luck loadeing 192.168.0.1 im peedoff with it after just a fue day as i cant do things my self i have to get my son inlaw to help

what i would do is a pin hole reset .... if you look closely you will see a pin hole which you put a pin in, hold it it in for a few seconds and then the router will reboot ..

give that a try mate

what i would do is a pin hole reset .... if you look closely you will see a pin hole which you put a pin in, hold it it in for a few seconds and then the router will reboot ..

give that a try mate

ok thanks for that ratts i cant get downstairs so will wait for them to get back but ive been on the phone to vm and thats what he said to do odd thing is we had a good chat about the superhub and he said the portforwarding doesnt work on the super hub it was never set up thats a bit odd why is it there on the page if it doesnt work

ok thanks for that ratts i cant get downstairs so will wait for them to get back but ive been on the phone to vm and thats what he said to do odd thing is we had a good chat about the superhub and he said the portforwarding doesnt work on the super hub it was never set up thats a bit odd why is it there on the page if it doesnt work

remember doing a pin hole reset will put the hub back to factory defaults

have a look to see where and how to do it mate

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

thanks all for the help it is up and running again now but i i tryed the setting they said ch6 and 145 mbps no good so put it back to auto and 300 mbps i still cant understand why it didnt work in modem mode and my old route normaly masanger sorts it out but it didnt do a thing this is what it said
not working.jpg
but i think i would like to get it change over as the wifi is very bad on the super hub will give it a week or so and see if we get the new f/w then try it again

thanks for that smirnoff but i dont understand about changing the ip do i have to do it of it does it it self but i do no from the link that i dont think i put the lead in the right output from the superhub once i change it to modem only so will have a go again in the morning but this is from the page you sent

Note: Once in Modem Mode, the IP address you use to access your Super Hub changes from 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.100.1 now i understand that bit but what would it be then to get in to the router that ive added with the old medem it was 192.168.1.1 cheers tony

Back