is it worth moving to cable share

daviddawn

Inactive User
Reaction score
HI,

My sly sub is due to end soon, and so was thinking of switching over to cable share as the family have missed the hd in sport including myself :proud:

Also is it a smoother watching experience ? as i get quite a few glitches with my CCcam share.

I am a little skeptical over the difficulty of the setup compared to the sat sided but always up for a challenge.

I look forward to your replies.

Cheers

Setup is exactly the same just tuners diff. Share works same way

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

should dump CCcam & use oscam as works better

HI Ali,

Believe me ive tried! please check my other post i just posted as ive been struggling a few days with it now.

Cheers

- - - Updated - - -

also have you guys not adjusted your setup to get the hd back to make use of your tvs ?

I'm on a Cccam line for Cable & never get a glitch. The HD is flawless and long may it last.

Glitching, if your broadband is good, the problem is down to the server.

Thanks for the replies guys, so as madhatter007 stated, is it just a case of letting oscam read the card and can it auto get boxkey, i know people also use sbox softcam for this, if its glitch free with hd then i will be making the move over.

Cheers

Oscam get the key that'd the hard part. You need to get a chip of the VM box and get someone in the know to get the key out.

Hello pal,

do you mean a nand chip that needs the info dumping for it to be read ? and then enter the key in oscam?

cheers

No idea mate as not tried it but only relying what read

having been on sly for years have moved to the vm setup and sly combo - really appreciate the hd channels again. i was afraid of setting up at first but having done it it is not difficult as it sounds especially with all the images out there. would defo recommend switching. only on sat and cable cos we need some of the asian channels not available on vm

Do you think VM will go the same way as Sky, regarding hardware pairing the card so it can't be shared?

I was thinking on the same line as you DAR1437. I was thinking of changing to different receiver for the HD. But personally I'm not gonna bother. It's just a matter of time till it does happen. I'm suprised it hasn't happened by now.

It will but when thats a Question nobody can answer and its not going any time soon well hope not .

And have you look over on the OpenATV forum as they been working on hybird tuner software beta images have been there for weeks Dream Vu+
Extend few others aswell from reading for example with beta image and switchs one Dvb-t/Dvb-c into a twin tuner .

Would say it will be standard in there i5.4 image which is a long way off from going live let winter months from reading on there forum .

Also OpenATV 5.3 from 7/7/2016 now supports TBS Tuner 5925 in there images so if have a Venton hd eco+ twin cable i have one / then this will turn it into a twin cable and with one satellite tuner job done .

Do you think VM will go the same way as Sky, regarding hardware pairing the card so it can't be shared?

VM are already starting to implement this unfortunately but they are doing it a completely different fashion to what sly have done....for instance VM are installing tivo boxes now with no viewing card present whatsoever making it impossible to share cw,s

Cisco boxes and alike remain unchanged however.

Last edited:
VM are already starting to implement this unfortunately but they are doing it a completely different fashion to what sly have done....for instance VM are installing tivo boxes now with no viewing card present whatsoever making it impossible to share cw,s

Glad I read this,as I was just contemplating switching to cable.
IPTV the way to go?

I was aware that VM were trying boxes without a viewing card. I will be suprised if HD is still going in the next few months. Will be interesting is sly go down that route in the years to come. But will still be a long drawn out process that's clearly starting.

Back