Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is it bricked

Ive got my wii back up and running even dumper is working managed to dump 3 games wireless method and burnt and works fine through the wii disc channel.

how do you dump an original game with the softmii through wireless m8
it just that a friend of mine borrowed wii fit and scratched the disc
so they need to replace it

thanks

how do you dump an original game with the softmii through wireless m8
it just that a friend of mine borrowed wii fit and scratched the disc
so they need to replace it

thanks

Hi

You need the DvdDumper in your app folder on sd card, if you havent got it download it and put it in there.

Go into homebrew and look for DvdDumper and there should be option to select dump method sd/usb or wireless so select wireless next selection will be I think gcube or wii single layer so select single layer and it will ask you to put dvd in and determine Ip addy,for this your internet connection has to be configuered and connected.

On your desktop/laptop type in the Ip address it will take you to dumper page and save iso to desktop.

Note for me it didnt work with Internet Explorer so downloaded Firefox and worked 1st time, hope this helps.

Regards

Should the internet connection stay on or switched off and can the sd card be took out or left in.

I presume I can add different applications to the sd card if I want as long as its in the relevant places.

keep internet on turn wii connect off. take card out.

u can indeed add extra apps to the sd card. some might need renaming to boot.dol.

Hi

You need the DvdDumper in your app folder on sd card, if you havent got it download it and put it in there.

Go into homebrew and look for DvdDumper and there should be option to select dump method sd/usb or wireless so select wireless next selection will be I think gcube or wii single layer so select single layer and it will ask you to put dvd in and determine Ip addy,for this your internet connection has to be configuered and connected.

On your desktop/laptop type in the Ip address it will take you to dumper page and save iso to desktop.

Note for me it didnt work with Internet Explorer so downloaded Firefox and worked 1st time, hope this helps.

Regards

thanks for the info
did you have to install some other custom ios to get this to work?
just had a quick search and read that you might need 2 ios installing

cheers

Hi

I didnt install anything else whether the iso were installed in the softmod mod I did I dont know, once it was softmodded I installed the dvddumper it worked.

Maybe someone else can verify but If you just give it a try Im sure there will be no harm done.

Make sure your internet connection is configuered by going into wii settings before you try dumper.

Regards

I too and going through the same problem, my nephew did this for me and didn't say anyting about format or anything and my son formatted and now we are stuck on some black screen and can't do anything, I tried what you guys had written about the sd card and boot.dol for homebrew channel but all it seems to do is say SD in the centre of the screen and freezes like that with really bad picture...any help about how to do this would be awesome...thannks so much you guys came highly recommended....

I too and going through the same problem, my nephew did this for me and didn't say anyting about format or anything and my son formatted and now we are stuck on some black screen and can't do anything, I tried what you guys had written about the sd card and boot.dol for homebrew channel but all it seems to do is say SD in the centre of the screen and freezes like that with really bad picture...any help about how to do this would be awesome...thannks so much you guys came highly recommended....

can we have a screenshot plz of the 'SD in the centre' bit. is Preloader installed? (with Wii power off press and hold eject then press power button, if Preloader is installed you will see it's menu.) is your Sd card formatted to FAT16 (not 32)?

which softmod method?

who highly recommended us mate?

:)

Hey, how do I get a screen shot on here????

I have preloader on here it says v.028 right corner and on left side it says ios30 and systemnenu v289

at top I have systemmenu, Homebrew channel, installed file, Load/install file systemnenu hacks and settings...

now when I goto load homebrew channel it just says loading sd in centre of screen like when it was working and loading before to load up the sd card butg now it is like a scrambled picture and just sits there....am I bricked or whatever it's called...or can I fix this some how, I am very very new to this stuff and my nephew says he has never done that and doesn't know what to do...help me plz...

oh the guy who recommened was when I was doing a search for this so don't know his name but him and aloto of other people said you guys were the best on here....

what files should I have on the sd card exactly?
and how should it be setup I have boot.dol in root and I have a apps folder and wad folder on mine right now, but nothing in wad folder

1. Which softmod method is used? Any idea on that one? Did you play your games thru the disc channel of using a different channel (Gamma, Softchip, ...)?

2. Try using another SD-card or reformat your card and put the files back on and see if its working in the HBC.

3. When exactly do you get the black screen? (I'm too lazy to read the rest of the thread :doh:)

Just take a picture of the screen for that screenshot.

Hey, how do I get a screen shot on here????

I have preloader on here it says v.028 right corner and on left side it says ios30 and systemnenu v289

at top I have systemmenu, Homebrew channel, installed file, Load/install file systemnenu hacks and settings...

preloader it is, no probs then. just run any region changer from the homebrew channel mate. pick the right 3.2 for your region.

theres a lot of ways for you to recover, have a read about.

just read you formatted with preloader on .. any region changer is the best way. have you got wifi setup on it already? you need internet on for ARC (so they say ;))

Last edited:
my nephew said it was the softmii v2.1 that was put on...

I tried to install any region changer and it says boot.dol installed then I try loading by pressing 1 and goes to a messed up screen just looks like a bunch of zeros but distorted, and tried autoboot from file and same thing....are there settings that have to be changed to get these files to boot? I also tried using a new SD card format at fat 16kilobytes and still nothing it reads the boot.dol file installs it, then just a blur on the screen as I said before in this post....

I really appricate you guys taking the time to help me here...cheers mates...

Since ARC is not working for you I guess the offline version wouldn't too.
Could you try ATD512 (Any Title Deleter which is/was supplied with SoftMii) to run from PreLoader? This will list all IOSes available on your Wii.

Back