IPTV problems or do I just need a new image

I think thats my only shot at the minute mate tbh Ill get the card back today or tomorrow but I'll keep trying in the meantime. What I'm not getting though is it is uploading the bootloader so why would it disconnect after that?

I think thats my only shot at the minute mate tbh Ill get the card back today or tomorrow but I'll keep trying in the meantime. What I'm not getting though is it is uploading the bootloader so why would it disconnect after that?

Well after you flashed the ssl why not start flashing again but just flash image, you can do that as the link ive given you for openpli has the ssl inside so no need to flash ssl first just flash the image.

Sorry to double post but here we go it looks like it is fixable going off this thread HERE

and this basically sums up my problem LINK its from the same post but its easier than looking through.

I actually have the dreamup on my comp now that apparently fixed the problem but im not sure how it was done as the people in question went off the forums and fixed it on msn lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Well after you flashed the ssl why not start flashing again but just flash image, you can do that as the link ive given you for openpli has the ssl inside so no need to flash ssl first just flash the image.

Sorry mate I wasn't clear enough, What I meant was when I start dreamup and plug in the box it uploads the bootloader then shows the no ca error straight after then the disconnect button changes to connect again so im assuming when it hits the error it's actually disconnecting.

Sorry mate I wasn't clear enough, What I meant was when I start dreamup and plug in the box it uploads the bootloader then shows the no ca error straight after then the disconnect button changes to connect again so im assuming when it hits the error it's actually disconnecting.

Are you using the sim2 ssl then ? Onlt reason for that error is wrong ssl

Read this too mate lots of tips

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/257032/#post1899540

That makes sense then mate I was on 84bl but I went and installed a official image when I was too eager to get it done any Idea what bl I will be on now then?

This is the correct ssl for a sim2 sim

Attachments

• sim201_ssl84b.rar
    335.7 KB · Views: 1
Thanks mate ill give it a go, Im going to try and get the proper rs232 card back tomorrow and try again. I'm having a crap day as far as sat goes I just had the 500 plugged in and set it scanning and thats only becuase I couldnt get dreamup to connect to that at all after scanning and rebooting now the 500 is in a loop and no way of reflashing it. Think its time to see what I can get from ebay.

Thanks mate ill give it a go, Im going to try and get the proper rs232 card back tomorrow and try again. I'm having a crap day as far as sat goes I just had the 500 plugged in and set it scanning and thats only becuase I couldnt get dreamup to connect to that at all after scanning and rebooting now the 500 is in a loop and no way of reflashing it. Think its time to see what I can get from ebay.

Well that kind of says to me the usb adapter could be a bit hit a miss. I hope things go smoother for you when you try the rs232 card

Yes very confusing isn't it ? There is a 2.1 sim for the 800HD but is uses the 2.01 ssl and 2.01 images youll not find a 800HD 2.1 84b ssl .

Knew you would come in handy around here :D

Right sorry about that im still having problems with the box and my internet is acting up but I got round the image bit this is what I did:

I grabbed the very latest dreamup from dream and connected my box as normal using that the difference with this version (DreamUP_1_3_3_11) is at the end it wasn't disconnecting me from the box after the error like all the other versions but it also wouldn't let me update the image over serial but because it wasn't disconnecting me I was able to get into the network side of it and I bet you can guess the rest I had the ip on the box and went through the browser and done.

tbh I can't help thinking I'm forgetting something here so Ill try and work out exactly what I did when I have time to think but hopefully this will help someone out I have seen posts with the same problem everywhere and they've just wrote off their box. Looks like I have 2 1/2 hours to get it back on before the transfer deadline lol Internet is actually off at the time of writing this(got to love vermin its only happening 3 times a week now instead of once a day)

I used the image you gave me Ferret and thats on now and its amazing compared to what I was using I set it up and followed the wizard but after that it crashed a few times and now its in a loop booting and crashing so I'm thinking I best flash the image again over serial in the past thats sorted this problem for me on other boxes my dish is a bit out at the minute so I was trying to move it in settings to get it right it did download a channel list for me but i think it may have been a old one as most the channels were showing up not in PAT.

Thanks for your help lads (Ferret & Wiz569 plus all the people posts I had to look through) its really appreciated and ill post back hopefully when I'm back on topic and I run into no more probs.

Sorry to double post especially after the novel I wrote in the last one but I remembered what I missed, when dreamup uploaded the bootloader and I clicked ok for the error dreamup didn't disconnect but I had to use DM800_repair.exe or Enforcer.exe so I could click flash I then choose a image and the message came up calculating checksum and it just hangs on that and that is when I connected through the browser as the box was waiting for the serial connection I can only think it hangs there because it was the legit version of dreamup but thats a guess tbh.

In the zip is all the files I used except the image/nfi both DM800_repair, Enforcer and DreamUP 1.3.3.11.

Attachments

• DreamUP133_11 and other files used.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
sorry again to keep replying to myself this is the latest when I flash over serial lol if it carries on im going to choose a window to throw it through. Ive just tried to boot it and it seems to be working

20:31:31 box type: DM800
20:32:44 Calculating checksum...
waiting for OK from box to beginn upload...
20:32:52 Uploading file to box...21:40:21 box is flashing from its memory...
21:40:23 Flashing failed (!!! 002 CRC failed), box will be unusable now!!

Edit: its not working it tries and dies then loops, I'm going to try and use my old image and see if that works.

Last edited:
CRC fail means the image may have been corrupted while uploading. Are you using a proper serial port or a USB - Serial adaptor ? Also have you tried flashing from a different PC or have you tried re-downlaoding the image ? Theres also the possibility that theres a hardware fault on the box bad flash memory.. But try a known working null modem serial cable first on a genuine serial port with a known good image,

Back