IPTV problems or do I just need a new image

marra

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi I'm currently using Dream Elite Black Hole V1.0 on my Dm800HD Clone Sim 2.10 and trying to get IPTV sorted on it.
After reading around I installed TSmedia and finally got it working due to lack of space, the lists all update but no matter which I choose I get a black screen and the time stays at 00:00 is there any fix or something I'm missing my internet connection is fine and I'm now at a bit of a loss.
If it makes it any easier I can change the Image the only reason I have this one on is because I've used Black Hole images since my first DM500, So its a case of which ever is best for both Satellite and IPTV. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Hi I'm currently using Dream Elite Black Hole V1.0 on my Dm800HD Clone Sim 2.10 and trying to get IPTV sorted on it.
After reading around I installed TSmedia and finally got it working due to lack of space, the lists all update but no matter which I choose I get a black screen and the time stays at 00:00 is there any fix or something I'm missing my internet connection is fine and I'm now at a bit of a loss.
If it makes it any easier I can change the Image the only reason I have this one on is because I've used Black Hole images since my first DM500, So its a case of which ever is best for both Satellite and IPTV. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Ive not messed around with IPTV on the 800 but it wont play AVI's as far as I remember so that could be part of the problem.

Try installing Icefilms and see if that has the same issue.

Ive not messed around with IPTV on the 800 but it wont play AVI's as far as I remember so that could be part of the problem.

Try installing Icefilms and see if that has the same issue.

Thanks for the reply mate I think I may look at installing a new image first and starting from there tbh I think the box is due a bit of a upgraded image if possible the one i'm using came out in June'10

I know most iptv stuff on these boxes require gstreamer, I'm almost sure thats the name, have a search on here for it, I'm sure somebody attached it to one of the bbc iplayer threads

I know most iptv stuff on these boxes require gstreamer, I'm almost sure thats the name, have a search on here for it, I'm sure somebody attached it to one of the bbc iplayer threads

Thats mad I just decided look into that before looking for a new image, I just downloaded 2 versions with no luck so I tried it through telnet but these are the errors that keep poping up on almost everything

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Just done that too mate, I don't want to sound smug lol its doing it now but its been going a while now too but I've noticed a few no space left messages so Im not sure how Ill go on should be finished soon

Just done that too mate, I don't want to sound smug lol its doing it now but its been going a while now too but I've noticed a few no space left messages so Im not sure how Ill go on should be finished soon

Is your flash full ?

It is now mate I think it went to reboot and just stopped on a blank screen with nothing showing on the LCD so I pulled the power and its been on the booting screen a while now I think I may need to dig out the null modem cable and reflash as I was typing this it shut off again and started booting from scratch think I maybe in a loop. So which image should I go with in your opinion mate I know you said you hadn't messed with the 800hd but I'm open to suggestions going off some of your posts I've read am I right in think I should try OpenPLI?

EDIT: I forgot about the other way of flashing with the power button etc, I just grabbed todays nightly build of opnepli

Last edited:
You cannot use the normal openpli on your clone m8,use the gjstroom one

Id go the OpenPLI the gjstroom version

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

You cannot use the normal openpli on your clone m8,use the gjstroom one

Yip I dropped a bol**ck and used the wrong one, I'll try again with the one linked I usually read a lot first but I want transfer deadline day back on sly sports news asap lol

Edit: also need the null modem cable this time too lol

did you get iptv to work.i am interested in aljeezara football but would need a dish the size of the front of my house. iptv sounds like a good idea. if it doesn't work via my orginal dm800hd, what iptv box would anyone recommend.

Yeah id be the same not like we will do anything today though.

Tbh mate apart from a loan off Man Utd it's players leaving for us I think.

Right finally found the null modem then to realise my mate hasn't returned my laptop RS232 card, So I thought I'd try a usb one I've had for ages I could never get to work I found a driver and to my surprise it actually works I had gave up on them years ago.
Anyway I got the box connected using patched dreamup from the downloads and everything seems fine until

14:55:11 box type: DM800
No CA found by 2nd stage loader, please contact support at dream-multimedia!

So I started to use the fix after 10mins I realised I wasn't running it as admin and thats why I couldn't use it I slapped myself about a bit then went back to install the image you posted mate and the message I got was,

File too big

I just got a new image and thats the same, anyone any ideas? is it expecting a bootloader? thanks for your help lads its appreciated.

Tbh mate apart from a loan off Man Utd it's players leaving for us I think.

Right finally found the null modem then to realise my mate hasn't returned my laptop RS232 card, So I thought I'd try a usb one I've had for ages I could never get to work I found a driver and to my surprise it actually works I had gave up on them years ago.
Anyway I got the box connected using patched dreamup from the downloads and everything seems fine until

14:55:11 box type: DM800
No CA found by 2nd stage loader, please contact support at dream-multimedia!

So I started to use the fix after 10mins I realised I wasn't running it as admin and thats why I couldn't use it I slapped myself about a bit then went back to install the image you posted mate and the message I got was,

File too big

I just got a new image and thats the same, anyone any ideas? is it expecting a bootloader? thanks for your help lads its appreciated.

Hmmm that not a good error to have it can mean there is a error with the flash memory.

With the patched dreamup and both a null and Ethernet cable connected

Tick use network and in the Remote box ip use a ip for your range.

Click connect and at the prompt power on the box.

Now look at the 800s screen There should be a IP and Dreamup should report its in HTTP mode

Put that ip in your browser and flash from there if it will let you.

If not one or 2 other things can be tried.

I take it you flashed the sim2 ssl ?

Try a few times mate it should connect if not.

Try find a original image with a ssl59 yeah 59 these were before any counter measures where released and will flash to a clone.

If this completes then reflash any image.

Try a few times mate it should connect if not.

Try find a original image with a ssl59 yeah 59 these were before any counter measures where released and will flash to a clone.

If this completes then reflash any image.

Thanks mate ill give it a go, I just realised once the bootloader as uploaded the button that should say disconnect at the top right actually goes back to saying connect once I ok the error so I'm assuming the image is too big because it can't be sent anywhere and the box is no longer connected. Ill keep trying before I have to dig my old 500 out :(

I suspect the error is connected to the flash been overfilled, ive seen member's recover from this maybe get the laptop with the genuine comport to do this.

Back