IPTV box for dummies

Having no experience in doing that lot it went over my head abit, my sub works fine for now and yep im on vermin.for £23 a year it seems good value to me, all i really want is Sky F1 and F1 tv thats not available in the uk but available on this sub.

You can run a vpn direct on the router, or even setup openVPN on a PI and hang that off the router, then give your TV a static IP, and route all the traffic for that IP via the VPN. Always ways around stuff.

Personally I use smartiptv for the convenience. I dont have to have a box, additional remote. I find having a box people ask questions about what it's for and why I have it. But that's just my personal preference, boxes are perhaps more for those with the knowledge to set them up and configure them, whereas with smartiptv everything can be done remotely.
That comes at additional costs mate.
On android you just download the VPN app within playstore and on enigma2 you just FTP the config files in.
smartIP*V should never be done remotely by provider as they will be locking you into there service. A good provider should let you do it yourself.
But as mentioned it probably is best option for those that just want up and going in 5 mins. Personally the app is not worth £5, but TVs are restricted on what app they can use and you cant record.

EDIT:
@gez check if you can get “smarters IP*V” on your TV. Its soooo much better than the app your using now. Not all TVs have it, but blows the smartIP*V app out of the water, much more user friendly.

Last edited:
Reactions: gez
I find having a box people ask questions

Do you get many people asking about your box? 🤔

You only need 1 remote if your have a E2 receiver...everything on the tv and E2 can be controlled via HDMI CEC.
So you can even hide the receiver
Treat yourself 😉

Ive got Smartiptv app on my samsung but i find it crashes whilst watching a film from the VOD section...i gather its a memory issue

For IPTV Formular Z7+ or Z* just blow everything else out of the water

That comes at additional costs mate.
On android you just download the VPN app within playstore and on enigma2 you just FTP the config files in.
smartIP*V should never be done remotely by provider as they will be locking you into there service. A good provider should let you do it yourself.
But as mentioned it probably is best option for those that just want up and going in 5 mins. Personally the app is not worth £5, but TVs are restricted on what app they can use and you cant record.

EDIT:
@gez check if you can get “smarters IP*V” on your TV. Its soooo much better than the app your using now. Not all TVs have it, but blows the smartIP*V app out of the water, much more user friendly.
Samsung tv is not letting me download smarters, its a 2013 model so prob restricted ed

Samsung tv is not letting me download smarters, its a 2013 model so prob restricted ed
You will only beable to put smarters on a tv that has an android OS.

You wont find it on a Tizen OS.

Reactions: gez
Some LG TVs have smarters on it.
Samsung does have smarters but only in USA app store.
Your supplier must pay £90 to smarters for DNS to work on smartTVs.

Only ones that can run smarters is:
LG, Samsung and android TVs.

I have heard some in UK got it on samsung by pointing there VPN to USA to get app. I cant try it as my TV is android.
It would be good to hear from members that have done it. But i have seen it working on LG.

You can likely sideload the app, i've done it with SmartIPTV on samsung tvs. I've never been able to find smarters app, and I believe you have to buy it from them then you can supply it to your "clients". Or is that just for branding?

You can likely sideload the app, i've done it with SmartIPTV on samsung tvs. I've never been able to find smarters app, and I believe you have to buy it from them then you can supply it to your "clients". Or is that just for branding?
Its just for branding mate...smarters is free..how do you sideload apps on a Tizen OS Samsung?

Smarters is free mate. But as client you can pay to remove ads.
I touched on it awhile here:
IPTV smarters

Unless provider has hacked it or paying them for branding it. Im not aware of any provider paying them.
Only time i know they get paid is for smart TVs as there is no other way around it other than coughing up £90 for DNS registration.
Its all done through extream.
Personally cant fault smarters as there best app out there at the moment.
(my opinion)

Smarters is free mate. But as client you can pay to remove ads.
I touched on it awhile here:
IPTV smarters

Unless provider has hacked it or paying them for branding it. Im not aware of any provider paying them.
Only time i know they get paid is for smart TVs as there is no other way around it other than coughing up £90 for DNS registration.
Its all done through extream.
Personally cant fault smarters as there best app out there at the moment.
(my opinion)

Maybe it was that that I saw. Im sure I looked at their site, and it was like £500 or something for the app. Again though might only be to sellers and not clients.

@Kryton - You ever heard of this amazing site called go ogle I think it's name is. You type stuff in and it gives you answers! I was amazed as well.

However as you're a square headed smeg lover, here is the link

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

So the DL works only on windows. EG laptop/pc. Might be handy for when im away, and a few others I know. Will take a look, nice one stevie.

You ever heard of this amazing site called go ogle I think it's name is. You type stuff in and it gives you answers! I was amazed as well

Dont need google when ive got you sweet cheeks....

Back