installing governments NHS app

And yet, everything I've read states that it doesn't use GPS so how on Earth it locates someone is beyond me. It doesn't need it for this app to work. Bluetooth doesn't rely on location services. The user is able to turn off location services anyway.
I laugh at these so called experts and the self proclaimed forum experts 😂 😂 😂 urging people not to install it. The fooking app ain't even out yet but they proclaim to know so much about it, pmsl.

The thing is this app will be one of the most poked at scrutinised apps to ever hit these shores. You will get some who say it's perfectly safe and then there will be "experts" found by David Icke or his ilk who say that it's evil, knows everything about you and once 5g is up and running the Chinese will use it against us as a personal bomb.

I'll say this once as I'm not into repeating myself. Install it or don't install it. Wait and see the results from the Isle of Wight before condemning it. I'll likely be installing it cos I want to do anything I can to help.

And yet, everything I've read states that it doesn't use GPS so how on Earth it locates someone is beyond me. It doesn't need it for this app to work. Bluetooth doesn't rely on location services. The user is able to turn off location services anyway.
I laugh at these so called experts and the self proclaimed forum experts 😂 😂 😂 urging people not to install it. The fooking app ain't even out yet but they proclaim to know so much about it, pmsl.
I never said i was expert. Im quoting data experts, before you get all defensive and angry within yourself.
Start from post #1 and read through it, at what stage did i say i was an expert. (If i did please point it out)

You are now starting to deflect to chat to something that has noting to do with the app, i can only assume you failed in your argument about this app and using a cheap method to direct thread on another topic.
Thread has nothing to do with 5G or chinese, so please keep thread on topic and produce “facts” or “informative” information.

You are correct in saying the app is not out yet, that is why i started thread to get feedback on it.
Not 5G or Chinese.

So now we are back on track, i would be surprised if 10 million people download the app, it is open to abuse from the government. Even a 15 year old can type false info into app then round around the place giving everyone FAKE notifications.
Please dont say “anyone can go imto super market and shout they have virus” as you previously did.
🤦🏻‍♂️

EDIT:
Also as you say you would do all needed to help with events, to think this app is silver bullet is mistaken. Reason it wont is due to issues i have been outlying.

Last edited:
You are urging people not to download it. You say it's not safe. You say the Government are using it to spy on you. 😂 😂 😂
If you're not an expert or know nothing about it then why are you pleading that people shouldn't use it?

I just thought you may be qualified to give advice about it but apparently not, lol.

As I said before anything and everything is open to abuse. Anyone who thinks otherwise is misguided. If someone tried to abuse it in the way that was suggested it would fail at the first stage. The "twat" would need to report in the app that he has symptoms, this would then make him eligible for a test which if proved positive the nearby "contacts" would be informed to isolate.

That's the way I've read it anyway.

I honestly can't understand why there are 6,111 new cases just been announced today. I started early with my distancing and shielding and am now on day 52. Why are these people still catching it?

EDIT........I'm watching the daily briefing now and it was said that more new cases are being found due to the increase in testing. This is understandable but surely the virus has a finite time. So given that a lot of these new cases will only suffer mild to moderate symptoms, they must have picked it up within the last 2/3 weeks or less. A small portion of them at least must be ignoring distancing guidelines.

Last edited:
I honestly can't understand why there are 6,111 new cases just been announced today. I started early with my distancing and shielding and am now on day 52. Why are these people still catching it?

You read my mind, something is not quite right here, I know they have increased the testing massively but this new cases figure
just seems to be a constant 4k to 6k daily, It's time they told us some data on these people, how long they've had it and where the feck
they're catching it, feck all this shitty charts on transport usage and what not, like you I've never been over the door for 6 fecking weeks
and the way it's going it'll be another 6 months at this rate, getting right pissed off now, like I said on a previous post if you fart half the
fecking street catch this thing. :mad::mad::mad:

Same here Dave. It's getting harder and harder to stay within my property. I have 1 girl working frontline as a nurse, 1 working in customs so is a key worker and my lad has stupidly lost his licence. They do what they can for me but I've often needed a bottle of milk or something and had to get it myself. Stupid, I know.
I had my op last September and now recuperating but I've practically been in some form of isolation for over 6 months now and I would love to go for a pint and let my mates laugh at my speech. :)

Those who are ignoring it drive me nuts. I honestly can't see my restrictions being lifted this year

It always two weeks behind, i thought it would of been dropping quicker than it is. I was talking to next door neighbour last week, he is convinced his sister had it in december as she was in hospital with pneumonia and she is young in her early 30s.
It has already been proven this virus spread around the world from early December. People think first case was in china in late december. That is wrong. A person in france got coronavirus in mid December and was hospitalised on 27th of december.
I think this virus has been here from late november or early december. As chinese tried to cover it up.
France's first coronavirus case 'was in December'

Its been spreading longer than we have known.

Same here Dave. It's getting harder and harder to stay within my property. I have 1 girl working frontline as a nurse, 1 working in customs so is a key worker and my lad has stupidly lost his licence. They do what they can for me but I've often needed a bottle of milk or something and had to get it myself. Stupid, I know.
I had my op last September and now recuperating but I've practically been in some form of isolation for over 6 months now and I would love to go for a pint and let my mates laugh at my speech. :)

Those who are ignoring it drive me nuts. I honestly can't see my restrictions being lifted this year

Sorry to here that mate, My missus is frontline too so she's been working through this, every fecking day I shite myself that
she catches it and everyday the number of new cases rises it's doing my nut in. :mad:

Just saying....
We all know that using bluetooth, wireless etc; put's a drain on the battery. But we, as an educated race understand this. Therefore we ensure our phones have sufficient charge when we leave the house to do the shopping, exercise or for those at work.

It really isn't rocket science mate. Most people I see are peering into their phones non stop so should always know how much charge they have. The app isn't asking anything out the ordinary. Your argument isn't getting any stronger shabba ;)

Not much I can do I'm afraid, for a start you have to take your temperature daily I believe? Thermometer went on the 'long walk' months ago, they're like rocking horse manure at the moment.
20190429_112823.jpg

Contacts? Practically zero, it's like this in every direction!

We will soon find out if data is being shared or not if we have the virus we will get google adds for cheap funerals
Joking aside surely we should be seeing this app as a way forward to try and beat the virus if it’s not too late

Sorry to here that mate, My missus is frontline too so she's been working through this, every fecking day I shite myself that
she catches it and everyday the number of new cases rises it's doing my nut in. :mad:
My younger brother has been in hospital with it for the past fortnight. He was on oxygen for a couple of days but is far better now and not needing any more. I asked my daughter to look in on him and she setup a videochat so I could speak to him, he is Downs Syndrome and appears to be having the time of his life. 😂 The nurses adore him.
I later thought to myself that I have just put my daughter at risk even though she was all masked and suited up. I told her not to visit him again whereupon she more or less called me an idiot saying she cares for positives all day. She then goes home to her husband and 4 of my grandchildren.
I too worry about them. Probably why I'm being so defensive in this thread

My younger brother has been in hospital with it for the past fortnight. He was on oxygen for a couple of days but is far better now and not needing any more. I asked my daughter to look in on him and she setup a videochat so I could speak to him, he is Downs Syndrome and appears to be having the time of his life. 😂 The nurses adore him.
I later thought to myself that I have just put my daughter at risk even though she was all masked and suited up. I told her not to visit him again whereupon she more or less called me an idiot saying she cares for positives all day. She then goes home to her husband and 4 of my grandchildren.
I too worry about them. Probably why I'm being so defensive in this thread

You are definitely not and I would be worried to, as would anyone. Glad to hear your brother is on the road to recovery. Take care 😷

You are definitely not and I would be worried to, as would anyone. Glad to hear your brother is on the road to recovery. Take care 😷
Think you will find that it doesnt use much battery, its low level and they only know where you are if you have symptoms and tell them, otherwise its in the first part of your postcode, so a few thousand people in my case

if you have a mobile, you can be tracked, phone calls and text message can be read, using any social media, even using the laptop to reply to this post, taking a photo, all can be used to trak you, even going down the town to the pub, someone is watching. using your debit/credit card....

But for **** sake im not installing an app to help stop people from dying, as i am a self centered moron who is of no interest to any one.....

think about if anyone gave to shits who you are where you have been or where you are going, they probable already know what color underwear you have on.

if you really type anything of interest you better, microwave your sim card, drill the HD, microwave the ssd and memory, smash every thing with a hammer dump it in a deep hole and move to the north pole. and maybe just maybe you wont be tracked :)

Oh any one want to go and burn down some 5G masts ?????

Back