Installing a new dish with a 6900HD super plus. Help

bmwbiker

Inactive User
Reaction score
I'm trying to set up a new dish on the above receiver, swaping from an old channelmaster 1.2m groundmount with 18" jack, to a 0.9m wall mounted offset dish with a Diseqc motor (Technomate 2600). When I try to send the dish to 28E (strong signal)using USALS it freezes and doesn't do anything. Any help appreciated

Yes the limits are set, it's just that when I set the angle to go to using my lat, long settings and the offset figure I obtained from another site (forgot the name now) it just sits there and does nothing. Will have another go at manually setting up from due south.

I think that the Channel Master 1.2 mtr dish is too heavy for the TM2600 motor this may be your problem.

hi bmwbiker and merliin, firstly op is swapping 1.2 for 90cm, so should be ok. bmwbiker look in motorised settings again check that its not changed back to diseq and please let us know if any other sat positions are being received or is it only 28e thats not there. Best to see/start with 0.8w, let us know how you get on, ps look around this forum for more details, and ask again if no joy, regards TL.

Hi bmwbiker,

Are you sure that the East-West limits are set correctly...?

Best Wishes,
Zorch

I think I'm right in saying that the Technomate 2600 motor has hardware limits that have to be set before putting on its mount.

I beleive they're factory set to 70W->70E so that's probably not what's causing the problem but you never know.

It's far more likely that the motor setting for 26E has somehow reverted to DiSEqC 1.2 and been stored at the same position as the sat you're trying to move from. Hope that makes some sense.

why would anyone want to ditch an andrew/cm 1.2m on a polar mount for a 90cm on a usals motor? is the set up faulty?, line of site probs? send the tm2600 back to zero then go up the ladder and re-set it with a saftey pin. do a fresh install on your box then enter long/lat in usals and send it to 28.2e to see if it goes to the bird and stops on astra2. regards mdt

Sorry I miss read the earlier post & like MDT cannot understand why on earth you would want to replace an Andrews 1.2 mtr with a 90 cm + TM motor ?? maybe a Gibertini 100 cm + a Darkmotor but to go smaller dish under 100cm & a TM Motor is just not a good idea in my opinion.

Thanks for all the replies, I have now managed to finish the installation and all is working well (42E to 30W). the reason for the change is that the 1.2m dish was ground mounted and neighbours trees have over the years restricted the original line of sight. The dish had been in use since the old analogue only days of the early 90's. Now that it's set up, with the extra satellites available, I've not lost much in the way of programming (especially the weekend premiership football)

Back