Tip for a slightly out East/West dish using USALS TM5402

dazman1122

Inactive User
Reaction score
Here's a tip I wanted to share with you guys that I came across on the web, this is only for a dish that is slightly out of alignment and using USALS.

Press the POS button to bring up on screen motor positioner at anytime- nudge east or west carefully one touch at a time - if the signal quality increases make a note of the direction it increased but do not save or it will swap to diseqc 1.2 (on that satellite)- instead go into motorised settings, select that TP & try altering the satellite's longitude 0.1 degree in that direction at a time & check the signal until it peaks out & starts to go down & save the new temporary position at the highest signal level.

I found it best to use on a weak sat somewhere central.

Use at your own risk and make a note of your current settings first! of course repositioning your dish manually is the proper way to do it, however this way saves ladder work.

Regards

Last edited:
This does work as i posted how i did it in a thread a few weeks ago, my dish is out by approx 3 fine push's west, so I altered the setting my .175 and its bang on. :)

Will try it on my TM6900HD Super later - just in case I can improve reception with my 1.1M dish at 7W for JSC Sports - but dont hold your breath!! lol!!!:drink:

defeats the object anyway! if the alignment is slightly out its slightly out and needs sorting at the dish. regards mdt

Back