****ing Caravan Site wants £500 a month instead of £300

Jooooles

DW Regular +
Reaction score
The caravan Park I pitch me caravan on has decided the want five monthly payments of £500 jan feb march april may, so basically you have paid your full years site fees by may.

Well thats fooking nice for people who can afford it, I'm disabled how am I gonna do that I have had to be a week late with this months payment just give them the first £500 today and have to catch up for February, I asked if I could not stick to paying the £300 a month through the season, and the said you can but you will charged a late payment fee.

Cheeks twats It,s pretty cold down here in newcastle at the minute so I have extra heating bills to pay aswell, I cant go through this next year so will have to sell me caravan in the summer.

B@stards I'm probably gonna loose £9000 and Ive only had it for 18 month.

NEVER BUY A CARAVAN NEVER YOU WILL REGRET IT RANT OVER !!!!!!

site owners are notorious b@stards - my mate had 1 at warkworth, proper stiched him up when they decided the caravan was too old for the site - he had to buy a new one OR pay THEM to remove it!! they have u by the nuts.

Thing is I just paid £800 in october to move it from park resorts (robbing b@stards) cant get into that it would take for ever, to Golden Sands because the site fees were £600 cheaper only to be told the have changed there policy and you have 5 month to pay the site fees for 2012 FFS.

16 Grand in 2010 site fees for 2011 £3 grand / 2012 fees £2400 Gas bottles water electric gas service maintance repairs burst pipes probably another £2000.

This stupid holiday home has bled is dry your talking over 23 thousand quid in 2 year, no wonder I spend so much time on my computer, I cant afford to go out lol

stroll on the summer I will probably sell it for £8000 take my loss and fook off on a nice long holiday to see me brother in Newzeland hump some malary birds.

It will be the best move I've ever made.

Last edited:
Jooooles if it gets to much for you, sell the caravan and get one of these if you have the room. Just a thought mate and it could work out cheaper and you still get to go on your holidays. Good luck.

Used Motorhomes for Sale | Motorhome Trader!

Thats what we were trying to do last year I put the caravan on ebay for part ex or swap for a motor home but no one bit.

Excellent Idea though I dont need any room cos there's a big storage yard down me street that keeps mobile homes and caravan tourers for £180 a year :mad:)

I might look into it :mad:)

Thats what we were trying to do last year I put the caravan on ebay for part ex or swap for a motor home but no one bit.

Excellent Idea though I dont need any room cos there's a big storage yard down me street that keeps mobile homes and caravan tourers for £180 a year :mad:)

I might look into it :mad:)

Go for it mate and good luck, chin up jooooles it will work out in the end. Keep us posted. :)

Any way you could get a credit card with 12 months 0%? There's a few options at moneysavingexpert Pay the 2 grand you still owe with that & pay off your credit card £300 every month as you would your site fees?
Just a suggestion.
HH.

Any way you could get a credit card with 12 months 0%? There's a few options at moneysavingexpert Pay the 2 grand you still owe with that & pay off your credit card £300 every month as you would your site fees?
Just a suggestion.
HH.

That would be a nice option if I was not black listed for another 2 year, I will just struggle for a few month and pay the bills, then at least I will have the whole summer with no debt and I will be able to enjoy a good few month with the bairn, on the site before I sell it.

It is a lovely site like no renting allowed so its all familys and quiet and no divvy scottish trampy renters like the last site (no offence) so I will just make the most of me last summer.

Jooooles, I take it you have a Static Caravan. They are always the biggest rip off on sites, why not try a seasonal pitch using a touring caravan but get one of the large German caravans like a Hobby which have fixed beds and are slightly wider than British caravans. You could also put up an awning with this and perhaps put flooring in the awning which would give you even more room than you had in a static. Site fees would be cheaper and if you had to sell then you can sell privately or you would have the option to move the caravan off the site yourself.

Back