infinity usb un

I use my unlimited on moscs and opos cards cushy and so far i've never had any problems with it although some people report problems with virtual com port settings

i've had probs on past with mine mate, it started when i had the box ticked..yo accepts updates, which i installed, then thats where the problems started, eventually i had to uninstall it and someone on here kindly gave me the older version.....V2.60 sortware for set up, as u can't get this from the download site only newer versions. so if ur running V2.61 do what i did.

also as benny59 say's about the external usb ports, i've only ever used this as all my usb ports are at the back of the tower so that could also be ur problem.

As for when charlie mention the 'advanced' this isn't on the virtual com mode page, it on the main page when u click on the icon.

don't forget to check device manager to make sure the 'smartcard reader' is there.

i tried to read a card tonight and i kept gettin errors was doin my head in for about 30 mins.
the only thing i had installed was 2.65 version for the infinity. so i had saved an old copy of 2.61 which i reinstalled and it worked perfectly. so stay away from 2.65 version

i tried to read a card tonight and i kept gettin errors was doin my head in for about 30 mins.
the only thing i had installed was 2.65 version for the infinity. so i had saved an old copy of 2.61 which i reinstalled and it worked perfectly. so stay away from 2.65 version

Ecactly wot i was saying in my post above....it's bloody annoying as it takes ages to work that bit out, unless someones mentions it to you.

I get SetIFS failed if nagraedit.exe isn't set to run in windows compatibility mode, also the default setting for VCP mode is 3.58MHz, you should change this to 3.68MHz so that it matches the clock that nagra will use when trying to read/write from/to the card.

still question guys

where are ye finding the windws98 compatibilty mode option in nagra?

i'm using 4.1

tnx

right click on the nagra 4.1 exe icon , scroll down to properties , click on that , then click on the compatibility tab and it will be in there

Last edited:
Hey there, tnx for that woudln't have realized that's what people were talking about..

btw... I just got the card read with this switched on... reverted to an older version of inifnity usb (2.62) and she worked fine..

tnx a lot

have you got a new dual core PC?

hi ice

why u ask if the PC ws dual core ? does that make a diffreance the way nagra works as i am also gettin errors on nagra since i changed my board to a dual core, b4 that evrything fine.

the errors i get are com port failure and no Atr and rom readin failure. but i know the ATR on some of the cards is good.

thanks
Eggie

Back