India to cancel Australia tour

elniro

Inactive User
Reaction score
India have suspended their cricket tour of Australia pending the outcome of an appeal against a three-match ban handed to spin bowler Harbhajan Singh.
The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has told its players to stay in Sydney rather than travel to Canberra for a tour match on Thursday.

Harbhajan was banned for making a racist remark during their tempestuous defeat to Australia in the second Test.

He was found guilty of breaching the players' code of conduct.

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Australia must be the biggest bunch of little women in cricket. Its ok for their players to say whatever they want, but whenever a player from another team starts talking back they complain. I don't believe Harbhajan said anything racist.

And i think it's right for India to cancel their tour if this ban is not dropped, why should Australia get everything their way, the bunch of crying babies. Symonds is a punk anyway.

And you were there were you?
I think India are the biggest bunch of sore losers.
As for the tour being cancelled, they've recalled that comment now.
There's sledging and there's racist remarks. I personally don't like either but apparently sledging is allowed, racism is not.

India can't take defeat!

However i do sympathize a little with them as i feel they were unlucky with a few decisions as for Harbhajan i reckon he must have said something as he seems to have a problem against the Aussies from day one even before he was having a go at Brad Hogg now he has allegedly called Symonds a "monkey" which is out of order anywhere so he deserves his ban. As for Australia the umpires seem to be reluctant to give decisions against them!

India do seem to have been unlucky but as for the on field confrontations they are to blame as much as the Aussies.

I remember before this series where Gilchrist said he hoped the game was played in the right manner and not ruined by on field confrontations. For me Harbhajan has taken it one step too far. :Kickassro

India can't take defeat!

Actually if you read the article properly, you'll see that the tour is gonna be cancelled depending on the outcome of the appeal for the 3 match ban! Its nothing to do with winning or losing. They only just won their last test series against Pakistan comprehensively, so to lose a series has nothing to do with it. It's more about pride when an accusation has been made with no proof. Neither empire heard anything and have gone by the words of the aussie players. The aussies are no saints ...........

In 2003, Australia's Darren Lehmann was suspended for five one-day matches after he was found guilty of shouting a "racially-motivated obscenity" in a match against Sri Lanka.

India have reacted to Harbhajan's ban by lodging their own complaint against Australia's Brad Hogg for allegedly making an abusive comment to one of their players, according to some reports.

Im amazed how they can ban any player on hear say whether he did call the player or not.
Think the umpires have made a rod for their own back.I do know that they burned effigies of the umpires in India.
Quick question is that the correct way to spell effigey?Spelling not my strong point.

Last edited:
Match referee Mike Procter said he was satisfied Harbhajan had used the word - though neither of the two umpires heard the remarks - and that "he meant it to offend on the basis of Symonds' race or ethnic origin".

Strange how there doesnt seem to be any clarification on the findings, it certainly would have helped.

And BCCI spokesman Ratnakar Shetty told BBC Radio 5 Live: "Harbhajan says he did not say what has been alleged.

Thats also confusing, that could imply that he did say something but not the word Monkey.

Will be interesting to see what the appeal brings, if he said it he should be banned, if they have no proof he did say it other than hearsay then it would be wrong to ban him.

the on filed umpires must have assisted the match official hence he has a ban like they say no smoke without fire!

I believe he did say something i just get that impression!

@ drunken master

As for India beating Pakistan that is old talk about this series its obvious they can't take defeat! Now i expect them to be WHITEWASHED.

Now all of a sudden Yuvraj looks out of place in the test scene along with Jaffer and a few others. Dravid has been ever so boring. For me Ganguly, Tendulkar and VVS have done reasonable but the rest of the batting is poor. The bowling in this series has been okay and have been unlucky too.

the on filed umpires must have assisted the match official hence he has a ban like they say no smoke without fire!

This is the bit which confuses me though, both on field umpires have said the didnt hear the remark so how can they have assisted the referee ???

I do agree that there is no smoke without fire but they must prove it, hearsay is not acceptable, otherwise any team could get another teams best player suspended in a test series by claiming he said something he didnt and as they say...."thats just not cricket"

And wheres the evidence that Harbhajan called Symonds a monkey? Maybe Harbhajan said something and they "misheard" because of his accent.
I find it funny how the aussies think how everything they do is right and when they get it right back at them they cry.

And please Ronaldo121 dont talk about people not being able to take defeat

its shocking to call people name and there should be zero tolerance for this.

seen one of the ballers srinath in one of the games, and it looked like he had an orgasim when he got a wicket.. and the way some players draw thier look at the batsman, once they had a wicket..

but this is a shame to good cricket... the game should not be called off.. I think they should rise above and play and prove aussies wrong..

And who was the guy who kept bringing up Pakistan's overall past record against India, etc when India beat Pakistan twice in the Twenty20 World Cup?

i cant quite bring up his name lool

O and whats this? Brad Hogg has also been charged with making abusive remarks to Anil Kumble and Dhoni.

Last edited:
If you really want to go into the past, which player took all 10 Wickets in a innings against Pakistan and is still currently playing??? lol.

i don't understand why you have to bring Pakistan or any other country into this fr that matter as this thread is based on Indias tour of Australia

As for you and your obbsession with Pakistan and India matches look at the overall statistics in terms of matches played and matches won and you will FIND THAT PAKISTAN HAS A SUPERIOR RECORD IN HEAD TO HEADS. Enough said i think!!!

:Drums:

i don't understand why you have to bring Pakistan or any other country into this fr that matter as this thread is based on Indias tour of Australia

As for you and your obbsession with Pakistan and India matches look at the overall statistics in terms of matches played and matches won and you will FIND THAT PAKISTAN HAS A SUPERIOR RECORD IN HEAD TO HEADS. Enough said i think!!!

:Drums:

Nobody brought Pakistan into it. Just happens they were the last series India played before this aussie series, and was pointing out to you in your earlier post about india not being able to take defeat. The thread was about the so called racist remarks with no proof. You starting again with this business about overall records. Lets take the ones that matter, world cup head to head......lol......no comparison. Twenty20.......check out my signature.....pmsl....Recent one day and test series.........a whipping in all forms!!!!

Last edited:
Back