incubuscamd.cfg

gaz t

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi all, i have a ipbox 9000 with nlb 9047 image and incubus 55 on ,i have got hold of a test line and i am not sure which lines to edit plus i think i have to add a line with my info on it i would be pleased if someone could help with any info or even point me to any tutorials that would help a noob. thanks gaz

only :-

[Servers]
card_server_url=cccam://userpassword@dyndnsport

notice the 0 missing

Last edited:
thanks for the prompt reply i will give it a shot and let you know.thanks again

hi yes i spotted that so i've just edited the latest one (incubus 80) if thats correct i've just got to read up on how to upload it to ipbox now, thanks

hi again,not having much luck with this i know it must be something simple but just where do i put my info, is it on the same line as test or do i make a separate line and put it somewhere else, thanks

dont know about the nlb image but on the sifteam ones you can download and install the latest from the menu then just edit the config

if your just connecting to a server with the latest incubus you dont need your dns only the servers.

also use the correct config file for the release you are actually using.

Si

On NLB image, go to plugins menu and scroll down to NLBPanel
Start that up and you will have control over all the EMU's that are pre-installed in the image. incubus, mgcamd etc.

You can also update the EMU from here, if there is a newer version.

All later versions of NLB have EMU's already installed, so you probably only need to edit the incubusCamd.conf file and ftp it back to the box.
It goes in the /var/keys folder. Personally I find it easier to just telnet into the box and edit the file with vi.

Manually updating the EMU is really easy too, so much so that its almost unnecessary to use a plug-in but I guess it helps non techies.

Simply download a new version from the net, unpack it, if it supports multiple receivers, it might have different versions of the EMU in the download. Look for the sh4 version (this is the right one for the processor in the CubeRevo. Copy this to the /var/bin directory. This file will then override the pre-installed EMU file that would be in the write protected /data directory. So in the case of incubus again, the only file you need to copy there is incubusCamd.sh4 to update that emulator.

Last edited:
hi, thanks to drh for the last post, it exlains for me (a noob) how to get incubus 0.55 back on my box, i put incubus 0.80 on thinking it was the right thing to do but from reading lots of posts from all over the net it seems inc 0.55 is more stable. i lost out on the test account i had , it ran out before i could get anywhere with it, i guess i'll just have to take a chance and pay for a months subscription to a paid server and try to suss it out. no big deal, any education worth while is worth paying for. thanks again gaz

hi all, could someone please tell me if i'm missing something, i've put my incubus.cfg in var/keys,chmod to 755, restarted my stb and still nothing i've tried ftp'ing inc 0.80 to var/bin but each time it fails to transfer,i previously updated to inc 0.80 through the nlb panel but was'nt sure it took cos on boot up it still reads inc 55 on led on front of box, although after boot up a window appears on screen saying inc 0.80 and when i press green button for nlb panel in says that incubus is running but i'm not sure if its 0.55 or 0.80 and the config files are different for each of them so unsure which config to use.hope someone can help ,i've run out of ideas..stumped. thanks

what is it thats not actually working? and what are you expecting to happen?

Si

hello again, i was hoping to get few channels to clear so that i know that i have got it working correctly. thanks

Have you got and active connection? Unless you do it will not clear anything.

There is a key file included but i have never had any dealings with that.

Si

hi sorry for the delay had to go to work (2/10 shift) , i got a test account from a paid server to try and set up and get incubuscam working ,but unfortunately it ran out before i could get it working (it only lasted 24 hrs)so i've paid for a months connection thinking i should be able to work it out by then ,they have sent me a config file which i've sent to stb but its not clearing anything so i think it must be my set up that is'nt right. thanks for taking the time to reply

incubus does not wotk with the latest version of ccam. If it is 2.1 or above I think you are, like me, buggered

hi card server says it uses cccam 2.0.9 so i think thats ok?

i'm not saying its not possible i'm just trying to find out what i have to do to get it right , i know it can't be easy for anyone to help for the lack of information i can supply cos being a bit green i don't know what info i can give, was just hoping it was something obvious that i've missed.

I would say the main problems with connecting is an incorrect config, basically how the server info should be enter is not that clear at first.

Si

Back