in need of help

jrg

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi, i was wondering if anyone in the nottingham area could help me, at the moment ive got the ird but cant find the box-key in the database for a pace 4000, considering fitting a j-tag but im not a confident solderer, or unless theres a simpler way, any help would be appreciated
thanks

jrg said:
hi, i was wondering if anyone in the nottingham area could help me, at the moment ive got the ird but cant find the box-key in the database for a pace 4000, considering fitting a j-tag but im not a confident solderer, or unless theres a simpler way, any help would be appreciated
thanks

Not that many 4000's are in the db so a jtag would be the simplest way of getting the BK from a 4000, soldering is a piece of piss really, secret is to always tin any bare wire ends, heat the jtag point on the box, introduce the wire and some solder if needed and as soon as the solder on the tinned wire melts pull the soldering iron away. If you're not that confident try it on an old board first.

jrg said:
thanks

Hi All,

@jrg M8 You lost me again thought you said it was
model no is Dl4001N if thats any help

Old and Even More :confused: :confused: :confused: LOL

lol sorry, thought that was the code for a 4000, cheers for the correction

Much as I hate to piss on your bonfire, Nottingham is a pure NTL (DAVIC) area, but the 4000 is designed for exC&W NTL (DOCSIS) areas - you want a 4001, 4010 or a Samsung for Nottingham.

Back