Im new, please help!!!

Just ordered a pheonix from goldwafers, should have it tomorrow morning.

very exciting stuff.

Jusr need to know how to use it now :eek:

Whats the best software to use to read & write my funcard4?

i can confirm the infinfty phoenix is a good one, have one myslef......depending on what you want to do you may need additional software for fun/atmega/opus/titanium/MOSC cards.

For the purpose of reading the funcard, software is provided with the programmer which will do the trick. What you will also need is the BKreader software i said earlier and should be in the download section.

What i will do once i have the Pheonix programmer
1. Install programmer to pc
2. Do not insert funcard4 until setup is correct and complete.
3. Insert funcard4
4. Run the Pheonix software and read Flash memory & Internal EEprom and save somewhere
5. Run the Funcard Viewer and select rst hex, then select the saved hex file.

This should give me the bk & ird. assuming that it is rst and not distance.

Does this look right to you guys. ( im slowing learning :) )

just thought of another question.

Just incase it is a distance programmed funcard would i still be able to turn it into a rst one. Or do i need a new card?

mate it doesnt matter how it was programmed (ie distance or RST), as long as it is not locked, then you can obtain your IRD and BK and then erase your FUN card and do the funcard any way you wish.

You can use a software call BK reader which will read the respective files you saved regardless of distance or RST

when you first program the card remember to keep a copy of your hex files and do not overwrite it or delete it.

logic_187 said:
mate it doesnt matter how it was programmed (ie distance or RST), as long as it is not locked, then you can obtain your IRD and BK and then erase your FUN card and do the funcard any way you wish.
You can use a software call BK reader which will read the respective files you saved regardless of distance or RST
when you first program the card remember to keep a copy of your hex files and do not overwrite it or delete it.

Thanks Logic.

Cant seem to find this bk reader software anywhere, could someone point me to the right direction. (have used the search with no luck).

Thanks Satch but the bk reader doesnt seem to work, when i try and open the software it comes up with this error "Component 'COMDLG32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: file is missing or invalid"

and the funcard viewer link isnt working, its not my day :(

Thanks satch.

I'll be giving this a try tomorrow after work, after getting the bk and ird i guess next job would be working out how to program my funcard4.

how would i khow which update to download?

follow on to last message.....

would i be right in saying that i need to download the tw "21.10.05" rar file from the rst hex room.

HiYa

adflondon said:
follow on to last message.....
would i be right in saying that i need to download the tw "21.10.05" rar file from the rst hex room.

Yes you would be right in saying that, but may change tomorrow (but that is correct 4 today).

Thanks satch.

My Infinity USB Pheonix just arrived today, almost didnt go work so that i could program my card. :)

Would i just use the USB cable or do i need to use a serial cable and have the programmer on pheonix mode?

try the attached. If you are getting problems with the 'OCX'

How to fix the problem:
unzip the comdlg32.zip and copy the file comdlg32.ocx it into the folder "System32" under windows directory. Then, open the run dialog box using "Start > Run ..." and enter command "RegSvr32 c:\windows\system32\comdlg32.ocx" to register the OCX file. If this does not fix the problem you can download an installer for the file called "install-ocx.exe", google it and you will find it.

adflondon said:
Thanks satch.
My Infinity USB Pheonix just arrived today, almost didnt go work so that i could program my card. :)
Would i just use the USB cable or do i need to use a serial cable and have the programmer on pheonix mode?

Anyone :(

you dont need to use the serial cable until you start using phoenix mode for third party software.

Phoenix mode is mostly used for tit2/tit1/MOSC/OPUS. You shouldnt need to use phoenix with a funcard. However there is no harm hooking the serial cable up.

Thanks Logic, you guys are just too helpful :)

i just hope my card isnt locked, then im in trouble.

Back