Im new, please help!!!

if its locked you may be able to use a winexplorer script in the download section to unlock it (for that you will need to be in phoenix mode......but i wouldnt get my hopes up.

hope it works mate

if it does i'll be a happy guy tonight.
(assuming i do it correctly and not end up erasing my card. lol)

Sorry to put a damper on all your fun, but if you have a 4000N (i.e. NTL ex C&W) box in a Telewest area, then the box is probably running CR1 software in which case it won't work once Teleport hits your area (you can put your postcode into the Telewest website to find out when Teleport is due to hit if it hasn't already).

Ok i have my programmer and really need help now.

So far ive set the options on the Infinity so that it doesnt auto update.

then insterted my funcard4 and went to read Flash memory.

its now saying "Error - could not write data to device"

Please help me :(

i knew things couldnt go easy for me

i am truely going mad tonight, ok i finally got he infinity usb pheonix programmer to read the flash & int.eeprom file but when trying to read it with funcard viewer it says "invalid file, ird does not start or end with 12"

even tryed opening it with boxKey Reader and comes up with:
ird: 22222323
bk: 7C7C7D7D7E7E7F7F
for Rst Hex or
ird: 70717273
bk: 38393A3B3C3D3E3F
for X2/Nce Hex

I have followed the tut on "programming a Fun Card using the Infinity USB Phoenix + Rst v1.4"

The only part i had to guess for myself was choosing the card from the list, i went for the PrussianCard 2 (i have a FunCard4). But anyway tryed most of them with the same result. The thing i noticed when reading the Flash memory was that the "memory lock" would change from "Mode 1: off" to "Mode 3: Read disabled"

I really need help as at the mo i feel like ive wasted money and alot of hours with no result. im at a dead end! :(

I would be very grateful if someone can help.

on your programmer have you turned off all autodetect and verifies off before you satrted to read the card? if not you have probably wiped the card before even starting.

The card could be locked as i said earleir, but thats not the end of the world unless if you have a 2000 box, then it gets a bit messy.

when you read the card you selected prussiancard2 which is correct only if you have a fun 4 card.

when opening the file in boxkey reader did you open the flash file for RST file and inteep for distance file?

I made sure that the autodetect was switched off before inserting the card.

I also made sure that i opened the flash file with rst hex and inteep for distance.

i was reading on this forum that once you read the card once its wiped off, is that true.....if so im in trouble cause i read the funcard4 100's of times.

As I said earlier, the information you have provided suggests that you have a 4000N in a Telewest area, in which case you are wasting your time.

bammy said:
As I said earlier, the information you have provided suggests that you have a 4000N in a Telewest area, in which case you are wasting your time.

So how would i find out what area im in for sure?

Thanks Satch,

It says:

"You are on the Bromley (ex. Cable & Wireless) platform. "

So what does this mean, am i wasting my time?

Sorry, I stand corrected - I was sure you'd said you were in a Telewest area, but if you're in exC&W you should have no probs.

bammy said:
Sorry, I stand corrected - I was sure you'd said you were in a Telewest area, but if you're in exC&W you should have no probs.

Some good news at last :)

Does anyone know if you have a locked funcard4 and you read the flash and inteep files a few times (cause you think it never worked the first time) and never saved the first read, is the memory now wiped off?

I read on this forum that once you read a card that its memory is wiped out, but would this still be the case if the card is locked.

adflondon said:
Some good news at last :)
Does anyone know if you have a locked funcard4 and you read the flash and inteep files a few times (cause you think it never worked the first time) and never saved the first read, is the memory now wiped off?
I read on this forum that once you read a card that its memory is wiped out, but would this still be the case if the card is locked.

oh and just to let you know that i was using a infinity usb phoenix programmer and the autodetect is off.

If your box is a 4000N then the best way to get the BK is with a jtag - they are only around £10 - try looking at jabsplace.

bammy said:
If your box is a 4000N then the best way to get the BK is with a jtag - they are only around £10 - try looking at jabsplace.

I have the DI4000-N and have ordered a solderless jtag but i was just wondering that there was an off chance that i didnt wipe out my funcard4.

Back