I'm losing water - but I don't know where?

You fecking mechanic!

lol

I'll do the Rev test tomorrow and see if it is the water pump that's leaking, but I've got a hunch that the pump and seals are fine.

yer, and i have a hunch that if you f*ck a bottle of this down it's neck you'll be grand :)

51xvx1qJgvL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

it's the fecking shoite ;)

yer, and i have a hunch that if you f*ck a bottle of this down it's neck you'll be grand :)

it's the fecking shoite ;)

Actually, that stuff plugged the hole in my radiator last year for a month or two.

But I'm just wondering what else will it plug up?

Filters etc?

I've just read this back to myself, listen to me, lol, as if I care whether or not it blocks something else.

I'll be buying it tomorrow. ;)

Charlie.

Is there anything you can't do!? :)

I was considering the high revs thing myself, higher pressure = water pushed out of any weak spots in the system.

Not too bad if it is the water pump, I was thinking about replacing the cambelt anyway.

I'm now worried that my temp gauge and/or sensor is fooked, and to be honest, I don't think I've ever heard my fan kick in. :err:

Lol i own a garage mate so i should know a little bit:)

Actually, that stuff plugged the hole in my radiator last year for a month or two.

But I'm just wondering what else will it plug up?

Filters etc?

I've just read this back to myself, listen to me, lol, as if I care whether or not it blocks something else.

I'll be buying it tomorrow. ;)

m8 it's very fine copper. it seals very small to medium leaks.

it's not like radweld which blooters everything with big strands of fibre and fucks up sensors.

hi witchy if your cap is not sealing properly steam would evaporate through it kind of like an electric kettle when it boils but on a smaller scale. you could also check your water temperature switch it can crack and leak I have replaced loads of these because of that problem.It screws into the engine block and one single piece of wire is connected to it so you should be able to find it.run your fingers round this switch when it is cold and if it is wet replace it.

@ V14...

That K-Seal stuff, I've read some comments on it and it definitley seems worth a try.

A couple of questions mate, if you don't mind..

Have you personally used this stuff before?
Do I need to do anything before I add the K-Seal?
Can I buy it locally, in places like Halford or a motor factors?

@ V14...

That K-Seal stuff, I've read some comments on it and it definitley seems worth a try.

A couple of questions mate, if you don't mind..

yes m8. I got a year out of a fecked radiator in a merc cdi with it.

nope. you can even add it to antifreeze.

i got it in masterparts in bellshill so i would imagine it's available in most local motor factors.

I would not use any of them seelent things, its only masking a serious issue.

Evenchlly it will break down and the original problem will come back and bite you in the arse when the HG goes.

Its ok for a temp fix until you get home but i wouldnt use it much more than that.

i got it in masterparts in bellshill so i would imagine it's available in most local motor factors.

Excellent. I use Masterparts in Mossend all the time :)

I've saw it on eBay for £7 including delivery, I'd expect Masterparts to charge around a tenner?

Evenchlly it will break down and the original problem will come back and bite you in the arse when the HG goes.

Have you been following this thread at all mate? :)

It looks like I may already have a fooked head gasket, as I see it I've got nothing to lose at this stage.

What would you rather do, pay £400 for a new head gasket or £10 and hope that it lasts until next April when I'm gonna replace the car anyway.

I don't really expect it to last until next April, but I'll just add another bottle when it fails again. :)

It dosnt look like you have a HG failure though, You have no comtamination in the oil, no water out the exhust, no performance loss, no oil in the water, no gunk under the oil cap, all tell tail signs of a headgasket going,

But my point wasnt for you, it was for anyone else reading this thread that happends to get a leak, and that was aye use that stuff for a temp fix but make sure you get it fixed right!

But aye, i dunno if that stuff would work on a HG failure but if it does then nice one haha

It dosnt look like you have a HG failure though, You have no comtamination in the oil, no water out the exhust, no performance loss, no oil in the water, no gunk under the oil cap, all tell tail signs of a headgasket going,

True, so where can the water be going? :err:

lol

I've had to fill the expansion tank 3 times today.

When the water in the tank runs really low it goes really bubbly, millions of tiny bubble, but when I top it up with water again the bubbles stop.

I agree that the best thing to do is to replace the HG, if the HG is faulty, but I can't afford £400 just now so the £10 wonder mix will just need to do.

Fingers crossed. :)

ok, so I've got my bottle of K-Seal, what now? :)

Does my engine need to be warm or cold?
Can I add it then go for a 20 minute ride or must I leave the car idleing?

@ V14, I went to Masterparts and they told me they had sold out and hadn't had any in stock for a few months as it was "really difficult" to get hold of. I drove to Airdrie and went into Overdrive, they had an entire shelf full of the stuff. As I was driving home I remembered that I would need some coolant so I stopped at Auto Parts in Sunnyside Road, and they also has shitloads of K-Seal.

Why are Masterparts struggling to stock it, strange eh?

ok, so I've got my bottle of K-Seal, what now? :)

Does my engine need to be warm or cold?
Can I add it then go for a 20 minute ride or must I leave the car idleing?

@ V14, I went to Masterparts and they told me they had sold out and hadn't had any in stock for a few months as it was "really difficult" to get hold of. I drove to Airdrie and went into Overdrive, they had an entire shelf full of the stuff. As I was driving home I remembered that I would need some coolant so I stopped at Auto Parts in Sunnyside Road, and they also has shitloads of K-Seal.

Why are Masterparts struggling to stock it, strange eh?

that is strange.it was the big fella with the glasses in masterparts that put me onto it in the first place.

anyways...

• Shake bottle vigorously (at least 30 seconds) to ensure that the contents are evenly mixed.
  • Add the entire contents to the radiator or overflow tank. (When adding K-Seal® to the overflow tank, pre-mix the contents with 1 to 2 litres of water to ensure effective dispersal into the cooling system. Allow time for the product to enter the cooling system if you are treating a slow leak. Do not pour K-Seal® directly onto metal).
  • The leak will stop within 1 to 3 minutes once the engine has reached operating temperature.
  • Top up the coolant as necessary leaving the K-Seal® in the system for future sealing. K-Seal® is compatible with all types of antifreeze.

then keep your fingers crossed :)

that is strange.it was the big fella with the glasses in masterparts that put me onto it in the first place.

Yup that was him. He said "it's good stuff mate, every time we get it in it flies out the door'.

Anyway, I started my engine and I poured the K-Seal in, then I added half a litre of coolant and let the engine tick over for 10 minutes. I then got bored and took it a run over to Chryston, down through Stepps, into Parkhead then home. I've just arrived home and I checked my water levels.

It's only gone a fooking worked! :)

Yesterday that journey would have drank approx half the expansion tank.

Fooking superb stuff, and many thanks for letting me know about it. :)

Back