Im Gob Smacked

Status
Not open for further replies.
rat m8
i would take my child out of the xmas party as a protest
ok u dont want her/him to miss out
so invite ppl from her/his class
to ur house and sort a party for them say to there parents they can bring any food they want to ur house
Thats exactly what I was going to say m8, I would have a word with all the parents and ask all those that feel the same to keep their kids away as well and go round someones house or rent a small hall for their party and then ALL write to the schooll head, school governors and the department of education stating why their children are not going and tell them that you are writing to your locall MP and the newspapers, it will have the desired effect, same sort of thing happened to my brothers boys, they were told that at assembly each morning they had to pray in punjabi (I think it was punjabi) anyway this is a British school and about 20 or so parents stopped their kids going to assembly and wrote to those I said above and it soon stopped

My sister's kids had a Halloween party at their school where they weren't allowed to go as witches or devils etc. It's a C of E primary so I can sort of understand that, although I still think it's ridiculous. This meat ban goes too far though and my first thought was if they don't want her to take meat then don't take anything, but I like the protest party idea better.

"Parents Plan Protest Party over PC Meat Madness" What self-respecting journo could resist?:)

My sister's kids had a Halloween party at their school where they weren't allowed to go as witches or devils etc. It's a C of E primary so I can sort of understand that, although I still think it's ridiculous.

I don't understand it mate if they are so against it why have a halloween party at all. bizzare !

At the risk of being flamed: is it such a big deal?

Surely it's just about making life simpler for all.

I wont flame u hamba lol but u on about my post ot the halloween one ?

I wont flame u hamba lol but u on about my post ot the halloween one ?

Yours John.

I don't think it would be right or necessary with older children but I think it's different for the little ones.

I also don't think the emphasis should be on religion but rather on dietary needs and/or preferences.

Less confusion for all concerned if there are no meat products.

I've got to say Rat that this thread doesn't surprise me anymore.
As said previously it will be some lilly livered do gooder not wanting to upset a minority, and ending up upsetting the majority.
We have the same "school of thought" where I work. (I think you know where that is)
The powers that be have decreed that we aren't having a Christmas tree in reception this year
for fear of upsetting other religeous groups

We objected by putting small ones up in office windows everywhere.
They have relented somewhat and have allowed a smaller one in a different location.

I'd send her with pork pies, sausage rolls and smokey bacon crisps and ecourage other parents to do the same myself, just to get the point accross !!

Curly

Yours John.

I don't think it would be right or necessary with older children but I think it's different for the little ones.

I also don't think the emphasis should be on religion but rather on dietary needs and/or preferences.

Its a bloody kids party, i think the emphasis should be on what we as parents want to feed our children seeing as its a once a year christmas party. I dont think there arms and legs are going to fall off because they ate a packet of beef and onion crisps at a party.

Its a bloody kids party, i think the emphasis should be on what we as parents want to feed our children seeing as its a once a year christmas party. I dont think there arms and legs are going to fall off because they ate a packet of beef and onion crisps at a party.

If we have friends, who are vegetarians, over for a meal we eat vegetarian food. We don't say, "Bugger them, they'll eat what we eat or not at all".

I shouldn't have started really - I'm beginning to regret it already.

I understand why Rat is annoyed but I can also see it from the other side.

Last edited:
If we have friends, who are vegetarians, over for a meal we eat vegetarian food. We don't say, "Bugger them, they'll eat what we eat or not at all".

I shouldn't have started really - I'm beginning to regret it already.

NO. you should have started it mate thats your right, the same way its our right to feed our children party food at a party without being preached to and having more bloody religion thrown at us.

Also when we have vegetarians round we cook both, and if they dont like it they dont come round. TBH though none of them would be rude enough to complain anyway as its my home and they understand its my right to eat meat in it.

Last edited:
Hamba i cant agree with your post m8. I wouldnt flame you though. Why should kids have to change their diet because a school cant orginise a party properly. I also dont see the relevence of your analogy about your veggie friends. No one is saying the non meat eating kids do have to eat meat or eat nothing at all.

Hamba i cant agree with your post m8. I wouldnt flame you though. Why should kids have to change their diet because a school cant orginise a party properly. I also dont see the relevence of your analogy about your veggie friends. No one is saying the non meat eating kids do have to eat meat or eat nothing at all.

It was about making allowances.

It's hardly a diet change: I eat meat but not at every meal or even every day.

I'm off to do the washing up after our potato and aubergine bake.

Last edited:
hamba u are entitled to ur opinion m8 I havent got a problem with that :)

but lol

I wouldent be forcing those children to eat meat the same as I wouldent force a vegertarian to eat it
but the problem I have is that may daughter isnt allowed to eat meat in front of them

also I would imagine there are/is a vegitarian in her school and has never caused a problem for my other child that attended that same school

so I really think this is more the religion rather that vegitarian reasons

but I do appreciate ur opionions and would urge other members not slate u for it ;)

It was about making allowances.

It's hardly a diet change: I eat meat but not at every meal or even every day.

I know what your saying m8 but you made that decision. You didnt have it made for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back