Im Gob Smacked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats just stupid, is it a religious school?

Obviously they are trying to cater for muslims, they don't even celebtare xmas so whats with the special treatment. Thats totally wrong what the school are doing, write to the governers and the head teacher.

What I don't get is I bet it was fine last year no problems whats changed? And muslim kids know they can't eat meat so they wouldn't but if my kids where at the school I wouldnt want them going without thoes mini sausage rolls with beacon wraped wrong thats a xmas tradition for many people.

Down rite wrong!!

muslims can eat meat it just has to be halal i thought? i think this is so wrong and somthing has to give soon. how can they on the one hand respect the beliefs of one ethnic group and disrespect the beliefs of another?

if we went to an arabic country for instance could we object to there customs as a minority? group no way they would have non of it. im not racist but why the hell is our xmas traditions being taken away from us?

it is flavored

but rat if you stay quiet, this will happen to more schools and they will start getting away with it

contact the sun, dont give your name and see what happens,

someone needs to speak up

it dont matter wehter the crisps are wrapped in chicken skin, tarred and feathered and boiled in beef dripping, or if theyre dipped in a flavoured powder m8, the school has taken away the choice of the kids to eat them

choice is a basic human right, so surly its more wrong (?lol) to take away 500 kids choice that to risk upsetting one or two parents?

it is flavored

but rat if you stay quiet, this will happen to more schools and they will start getting away with it

contact the sun, dont give your name and see what happens,

someone needs to speak up

Totally agree, you need to speak out, as they will get away with it and its wrong, There was no problem last year so why all the fuss this year, In fact there has never been a problem that i can remember like this, if one school find it acceptable to do it others will follow suit.

I remember someone in the Sudan thread saying some local councils are trying to dull down Christmas just so it don't upset those who don't celebrate it, this sounds like the first steps of many, what next?

the nearest they got to this when i was in school 40yrs ago was any jhovahs witnesses didnt go to morning assembly
they didnt stop the assembly because they where offended

this is taking religion to far
what is happening is with all this pussy footing around they r making the british ppl racest

we have in the uk
all our belifes
and they have been with us for quite a long time
but they r slowly being erroded away

wont be long before we have to start celebrating
all religous acts

easter will be next
we wont be able to buy easter eggs

rat m8
i would take my child out of the xmas party as a protest
ok u dont want her/him to miss out
so invite ppl from her/his class
to ur house and sort a party for them say to there parents they can bring any food they want to ur house

then inform the head/goveners
that u r taking this stance as a protest
and what u may do is stand as a governer

to represent the true british pupil/parent

protest does work too rat we took my boy out of school because they would not give him any help with his asbergers and adhd. we recieved a phone call from the educational welfare things soon started to change. meat is a very important part of our diet and they are refusing to sustain that.

the wife has just explained a bit more to me

it seems its just 1 year this affects,reception year (1)

as they say the smaller children (5 years) wont know they are not allowed to eat certain foods

I honestly dont know if it affects the rest of the school

the wife has just explained a bit more to me

it seems its just 1 year this affects,reception year (1)

as they say the smaller children (5 years) wont know they are not allowed to eat certain foods

I honestly dont know if it affects the rest of the school

fact is though bud it is affecting your child and your childs enjoyment of christmas stand up for what you believe is right m8.

so because 1 or 2 parents are worried that their kids may eat something that they themselfs choose not to eat everyone has to lose out?

i think davidh's idea is brill (i wouldnt cope with that many screaming kids though lol) get together with the other parents, im sure you could all chip in about a fiver each and hire a church hall for half a day, invite every kid in the class, then if any one is offended by any of it they just dont have to go, simple :)

I can see what u mean about this post i would do somthing about it, dont let it slip as thiey will think it was a good idea and no offence was caused.

This country is going to pot soon it wont be britain

If people dont like the rules they know where to go

Mr P

Im going to ring the schools head tomorrow ;) get some propper facts
and see what goes from there ;)

thanks for all ur input its all taken on board :)

grrrrrr wanna know what u said now ;) lol

lol, id typed it all out as you had posted then read your post and deleted it all ;)

if you was watching realtime posts you may have caught it, but see whats said when you speak to them then ill repost it word for word m8 ;)

Im going to ring the schools head tomorrow ;) get some propper facts
and see what goes from there ;)

thanks for all ur input its all taken on board :)

Good luck mate. I used to be proud of my country but i am fast running out of patience with all this pc crap. Its as if they are deliberatly turning people against each other, very sad and very dangerous as you can only push people so far before they push back.

Shocking m8 totally shocking.
If there are young uns who are not allowed to eat meat then the school should inform their parents that there is a party were pupils are being asked to bring in food and they should be told that it may not be halal. Its up to the school to protect the kiddies from eating foods that go against there religion which is fair enough. It is a total cop out by the school banning all meat foods to ensure this happens. They should have organized proper supervision and informed parents of there proposal to stop the kids eating non halal etc. The parents should have then had the right to withdraw their kid from the party if they were not happy. Its the school that's copping out John. It is not racist or even a religious rant m8. More a rant against lazy bastard governors in my view.

very shocking but not surprising. dont let this lie mate kick up a fuss and get the other parents to fuss too. im a muslim and no way do i get offended by meat lol or other people eating meat.

not directed at dw members
but this sounds like the pc brigade off on one again
dont do this
dont do that
cannot do this cannot do that
wish they would just let people get on with life if some one cannot eat summit then the school should be informed and left for them so make sure it dont happen
just my opinion

something I want to say as I will feel better lol

I dont mind and even encourage my children to mix with all race's at school or outside of,as this is the way of the world now

but its things like this I feel strongly about as its just wrong when it affects whats normal for my child growing up

something I want to say as I will feel better lol

I dont mind and even encourage my children to mix with all race's at school or outside of,as this is the way of the world now

but its things like this I feel strongly about as its just wrong when it affects whats normal for my child growing up

Absolutely m8. The kids should be intigrated and learn Each others beliefs etc but it looks like this school is for taking the easy options. To me its a great opertunity missed. Its the kind of situation that could be used to enhance the kids learning of cultures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back