I'll hava go!!....modchip

Gary Jackson

Inactive User
Reaction score
1st attempt on a messah2 pro chip on a v7 board.......and the bugger works!!! :salute: ...lol

pheeww!!, the sweat was pouring out of me when doing it.......made a few soldering mistakes at first, got the wrong pins on one of the chips, but fortunatly i checked it before i booted it up......chuffed to bits i am :)

didn't pay for it rick, got it from a m8 down the street.......buy i think they are going for about 16~20 quid at the mo

ok u done the chip did u put it bac together and did u have any screws left lololol
nah nice one m8
lol

@ David, yes just 1 screw leftover... :mad: cant seem to find out where the bugger goes, but hey it working.......

just out of interest, have any of you chaps tryed to chip a ps2?.....if so how difficult was it to you?...just out of interest chaps, cos i was sh*ttin myself....lol

I done one and totally knackered it gaz . i found it very hard the points u solder to r so tiny so i say well done to u son

Nice one Gary Ive got 5 ready to send up to you

You diddddddddddd sayyyyyyyyyyyy

If theres anythin u need just ask lol :) :Frog:

Gary, Well Done ! .....one thing tho.....don't want to spoil your glory......r u sure its a Messiah 2 ? Looks like a Magic chip ?? see attached image of Messiah 2 ......

As you guys are probably all aware by now

"The UK High Court has judged that the sale, advertisement, possession for commercial purposes and use of PlayStation 2 modification chips is illegal in this country.

Under the UK's implementation of the European Union Copyright Directive (EUCD), Europe's answer to the controversial US Digital Millennium Copyright Act, it is illegal to bypass copy protection mechanisms. On that basis Mr Justice Laddie ruled that David Ball had acted unlawfully by selling 1500 Messiah 2 mod chips which enabled such circumvention.

The Messiah chips were offered as a way to allow UK PS2s not only to play legitimate US and Japanese games, but pirated titles and back-up copies made by users, which Sony forbids in the UK.

The UK enacted the EUCD in October 2003. The Directive has similarly been enacted in a number of other EU member states, allowing Sony to pursue mod chip sellers. Recently, it won just such a case in Belgium.

That said, there have been setbacks. Earlier this year, the Italian court ruled that mod chips are legal on the basis that it's up to the user, not Sony, how they use their PS2. It even went so far as to name mod chips as crucial tools to "avoid monopolistic positions".

And in Spain, it emerged that a loophole in Spanish copyright law legalises mod chips even though they run contrary to the spirit of the country's intellectual property legislation. ®

@ Huggi, it took me about 4~5 hours to solder it up and stick all the wires down then about 2 hours trying to fathum out where all the screws go.......lol

@ Bstard, i was told it was a messiah chip, but if its not i apologise, like i said before i didnt pay for the chip it was givin to me by my m8 up the street, dont know where he got it from either..........but ill ask next time i see him.

well done m8 never had to the guts to try to do it myself. the magic chip has less wire to soilder than the Messiah i think so maybe that may be how to find out what chip it is . but the soilder points on the board i am told are very small not like the old ps 1 you could use a blow touch to soilder them feckers lol

hi guys i wanna chip my ps1 ive never tried it b4 can any1 help me and tell what it is i need.
I know i need a chip but what other tools do i need and where can i get them from

Thanks to any 1 that can HELP!!

no the ps2 is a lot harder. the ps1 is only 4 wires and is very easy i have to go out now but will see if i can find any images if there still are any if you do a search of the forum you may find them on here as there were all on here at one time

Back