For Sale : PIC18F USB Dev Board

ManofScience

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
For Sale : PIC18F USB Development Board compatible with PS3 Jailbreak.

usb2.jpg

I Bought this from here : PIC18F USB Dev Kit - www.redboxmods.com a few weeks ago, i originally ordered the Maximum but was sent this instead. Worked fine until the missus managed to brick it trying to get it to boot when i wasn't there. Apparently it's very easily done and effects all PIC18F based chips, see here on PSX Scene : PS3 System Recovery bricking PIC18F4550 Based USB Dev Board - PSX PS2 PS3 Scene Hacking Modchip & Jailbreak Community Basically, going into the PS3 Recovery mode corrupts the bootlaoder and has to be flashed using a PICKit2 or PICKit3 programmer. The bootloader hex can be found here : http://www.pic18fusb.com/. Also, RedBoxMods do a re-programming servier for £2 : PIC18F Bootloader Reprogramming Service - www.redboxmods.com

I loaded the hex file originally no problems and it was booting fine and not giving me any trouble. MY mistake was letting the wife try do it while i was on the phone to her giving support instructions.

Basically, when u connect it now, none of the leds light up and when connected to a PC it doesn't regonise it either. Apparently the bootloader will need reprogramming using a PICKit2 or PICKit3 THEN you'll be able to load the most recent hex code used for jailbreaking the PS3. I have since bought a Minimus as i need it to be as full-proof as possible so it doesn't happen again when i'm not there! I just want to see it on now with minimum fuss - means someone might get a bargain.

Just to make it clear - at the moment, this doesn't work - i have been told you will need to reprogram the bootloader BEFORE you can load the JB hex onto it and this can only be done with a PICKit2 or PICKit3.

£14 including 1st Class Post to anywhere in the UK Mainland.

usb1.jpg

usb3.jpg

I am pretty sure that whoever buys this will need some info off you mate to send back to redboxmods. They asked me for the original order, and the paypal details mate. Had one reprogrammed myself and worked perfectly when returned.

if you have a willem you can try programming the bootloader using the icsp header.

ICSP PIC PIN
Vpp (1)
Vdd (11)
Vss (12)
PGD (40)
PGC (39)

The 5V/GND connections on the 18F4550 should be made as follows:

5V (PIN 11 and 32)
GND (PIN 12 and 31)

Back