What do I need exactly to do this....

VectorZ

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hello peeps,

I'm looking at getting my 360 uptodate soon but looking on some of the sites selling the bits needed it gets really confusing as there's so many bits and bobs...

I have a (phat) black 360 which I assume is a Jasper. It's been flashed before but not since I think it was the 1 before XGD3 titles became a problem. It has the dash from before XGD probs. I think it was also a LiteOn - I still have a file from the guy that did it with dummy.bin and stuff. Never been online and not going to.

I'd like to jtag it so I can play games off of external HDD. As dash is newer than old jtag requirement, I underand this has to be done with glitching?

Sooooo, can someone correct or fill the gaps in please?

I don't have VIA SATA chipset on PC but I'm going to get VIA 6421A PCMCIA card for laptop running XP Pro SP3 (x86). Is that all I need and can then hook up SATA and power from 360 to flash with Jungleflasher with standard cabling? It's all these ck/usb/probe thingy's that overwhelm and confuse a simpleton like me so would like to avoid if possible :(

Glitch chip - I'm not worried about having to solder something in as done it on older consoles for years. What is the best chip to get? I've seen Xecuter CoolRunner but there's others popping up?! Is it as simple as soldering that into box and away we go or is there any other special cabling tools needed i.e. is it preprogrammed or do you need to by all that malarky as well? This sounds like it can be very expensive.

That's as far as i've got. Would someone kindly fill in any steps I've missed please or any little accessories I've missed as I'd like to sit down and do it all in one go instead of being caught out and waiting few days for something else to be delivered.

Cheers

Last edited:
I would buy the ck3 to power ur drive as your prob flash it again.also get a good jf tut and read it a couple of times.if your going to glitch your 360 then you could always load games through usb instead off flashing ur drive.there is a lot more in this game now and a bit more complicated.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

All depends on what machine you have, we suspect that the latest udpates are to stop the jtag being done, all though it pains me to say it, have a look over at "TX" the friendly site......

HTML:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Team Xecuter Presents RGH 2.0 from what i have just read then all phat 360`s are glitchable again even after latest update
HTML:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for replies guys

I would buy the ck3 to power ur drive as your prob flash it again.

CK3 Mini
BLASTER CK3
CK3i
CK3 Probe III
CK3 Pro V3
CK3 XT

Hence my confusion :Dunce:

I would like to later but at the moment I can't afford all this extra paraphernalia. Can I get away with laptop card with the VIA chipset and wires from the 360? I do have an external molex power adapter from the early days of usb/ide converters when they came seperately.

if your going to glitch your 360 then you could always load games through usb instead off flashing ur drive.there is a lot more in this game now and a bit more complicated.

I think that's what I want to achieve. Download games and stick them on an external HDD connected via USB and play them back via a custom dashboard. Are you saying that if I stick a coolrunner in I can apply latest MS dash taking it back to stock and just play off of drive without needing to flash my drive firmware?

Flashing your drive is going to be way easier than installing a cool runner, (not sure how great you are with soldering etc.)

You have two options you see,

A] flash the drive with a ck3 or the like and burn all your games to dual layer DVD and then play them back that way.
B] Get your self a "jtag" - So Coollrunner installed and then you forget about option A as you just put all your games on the hard drive, with it running freestyle dashboard. (once the machine is glittched then there is no need for disks any more, never had one in mine and do all the work via FTP)

So, what you want to spend your cash on? making the drive read copied games (for your own backups of course..!) or install coolrunner and play them all from USB/HDD

Option A you can still play online via "live" (for now)
Option B you can't (how ever you can still play online with all the other jtag people, just that machine will never be able to go near live again", it used KAI an engine for connecting to your mates
etc.)

You've probably seen this loads of times but here it is again

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vectorz

My ck3i came with the probe.as long as it comes with probe you should be ok mate.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

If you have a spare dvd power cable, cut the 3.3v line and stick a switch on it. Peel back the sheath on a ground wire, wrap a long wire around it, and wrap other end to a needle/pin. This long wire is the probe. This will get your drive flashed. (write the key on the dvd rom)

Invest money in getting RGH for your console.

Thanks guys, I deffo want to go the hard drive RGH route but thought the 360 DVD drive firmware had to be updated as well. My soldering skills are good so not daunted about that at all. All I want is a Coolrunner in there to play downloaded games off a USB connect hard drive. Looks like you've got to jump on the whole TX bandwagon and buy this and that to programme the fookin thing. Are these Coolrunners programmed specific to each individual 360 or can you not just buy one pre-programmed?

there's two stages mate.

You need a nand-x to be able to read and write your nand.

Once you have it you then program the cool runner, all it is a development board, you can download all the stuff needed to program them, did you have a look through the link i posted?

You would need some hard ware, nand-x, cool runner, etc. etc. you have to weigh up the pros and the cons, if you buy all the kit then you could spend about 60 quid, will you ever use it again? or you could buy your self a jtag all ready done for about a £100 ish, (I just sold a none hdmi for about £50.00) all depends on what machine you get, slim, etc, they can go any where up too about £250 etc.

OK thanks guys. Think I'll have to start scraping some money together then and line TX's pockets

Cheers

Xenons are the first batch and do not have hdmi. You can get high def using component/vga cables.

Back