Idiots guide!!!!

yes i did get this screen. it also said completed with no errors. i have also put the other files you mention,, on the download page, to the /usr/keys. there is nothing at all showing in the softcam manager.

i will now try the other way you suggest.

thanks.

Last edited:
m8 have you thought about trying another image, on the 4d one you can download cams from the server it might be a easier image to use it will get you started till you get familar with things then you can revert back to vix later if you so wish

Have you transferred CCcam.cfg to /etc folder?

(Mgcamd needs the newcamd.list and Mg_cfg files in in /usr/keys. Those two files are not required for CCcam)

thanks for your reply cat, but yahooooooo. it has worked !. i did as was suggested, transfering cams by filezilla method, and it worked, seems to be after a restart. found them and they installed no problem, then restarted the box. feels like ive won the lottery !.
now onto the next problem as i`am not too sure how to handle it from here and not sure what i can mention. thanks to everyone who has helped once again so far.

@stueym. When you've finished your setup maybe you can write a how to guide? I know I'll need one when I get my box :)

Are you buying this box brand new for £250 ?

If so I think your off your rocker :)

Ive read a few review's mostly of people that have traded there old TM in for a £50 or £100 discount, If I am right the tm twin costs around £260 quid, when you can get a xtrend for around £300.

I am not slating the tm twin some people have said there as good as vu-du etc but I understand there's no black hole no pli , IQ might have turned a corner I understand they have had some helpers.

I still would weigh up my options to be honest !!!

coolhandluke you must be off your head posting this, do you even know anything about e2 box's???
funnyest thing iv heard i a long time was this "
I am not slating the tm twin some people have said there as good as vu-du etc " hang on im still laughing, ok so you think that vu-du are a better e2 stb :sick: they dont even have a rf modulator.
hears some info for you from some one that knows wot there talking about: Wot Sat
hope this helps :roflmao:

Are you buying this box brand new for £250 ?

If so I think your off your rocker :)

Looks like the Xtrend ET9000 are a bit hard to get hold of at the minute cheapest uk seller I can find is £320, seven month ago they could be had for £299. The ET9200 silver line is the same price.

People on other forums are saying the TM-twin is just a cheap extrend not sure about that but the xtrend does use vix images and are a quality box made in germany as far as I am aware.

I might be wrong on this but have a google.

and the laughs keep coming :roflmao:

I wouldn't trust wotsat when it comes to TM box reviews ;)

Tbh m8 the best box for anybody is the one that does what they want it to do, doesn't matter what make it is,or what it says on the tin :)

Hi kendo, (post 46) I don’t quite think i`am in the writing guide league yet lol. Seriously though I would just go for it mate. the thing about doing it yourself is that you learn what’s required and you understand what any problems may be later on, maybe even avoiding them later on. I hadn’t even turned one of these boxes on until yesterday. . As I mentioned earlier I routed my phone myself, which was a minefield, but in doing so I can now change roms in next to no time.
By all means if I could help you I would but I think you will find some knowageable people on here that will help you no problem. I have being very impressed.

The box it self I am happy with, picture is class, and, once you muck about with the menus ete, is quite easy to use.
Trying to Google what I can do now, but even this is a little confusing.
Best of luck mate and go for it.

Back