Idea for new dish setup

thebaron

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been using mediaportal with dual dvb-t and s2 cards for about a year now. And have been really happy with this setup. But I'm a bit of a F1 fan and now that sky is broadcasting all the races and the BBC are only broadcasting half of them, I'm a little upset.

I've been reading into trying to get f1 for free and it seems that I can get a FTA broadcast from the 19e satellites. This will require me to change my sky mini dish for a larger one with a bracket that can hold more than one LNB.

My questions are:

1. What kit would you recommend.
2. How easy is it to install (I installed the sky dish myself)
3. Is there any set-up guides out there that someone can recommend.
4. Would a motorised dish be better?

Cheers

Motorised is always better.

With a motorised dish, would I be able to watch e.g. a Freesat channel on one tuner while watching a channel on 19.2e on the second tuner?

Can anyone recommend a motorised dish kit? It would need at least 2 lnb's (unless I can reuse my quad lnb I have on my sky dish). It would need to work with mediaportal (So i'm guessing be a DisEqc 1.2)

No. Motor lets the dish move to any desired satellite. You can only watch one at a time. If you want two at a time, then it will have to be multi lnb or multi dish setup.

Just stick another dish up and use a switch.

Back