ibox 4 red light

Me too! Can some one point us in the right direction, ok we have been silly enough to press the OTA update in a clone. And bricked the receiver. Great. Now what do we need to do to repair it. I see JTAG i know what this is - i see no images of the pins on the board im going to need to solder on, nor software to wipe the chip and upload the new image. Can someone who knows this stuff point me to the correct read me help file etc etc so i can move on, much appreciated guys.

Thanks

I plug the usb key in the front usb of the ibox4 and then turn the backwitch on and it's still in it 45min after turn it on.

I would try the other link but still can't download for now, but you can send it directly to my email at [email protected]

Hi
Iv got the same cloud ibox4 and got a same red light issue.

Help

Don't put it in root if there is no folder when you unzip the file
The files go in a vuplus/solo/ directory from the root of the USB stick
then plug it into the back of your ibox4, turn on the ibox4, you should see the led of your usb key begining to flash, when it stop flashing, take it out and then turn off the ibox4.
after all that, turn on the ibox4 on again and wait a few minutes it should turn blue again.

post me your email and I'll send the one that worked with me.

hi
I have tried the files from vplushd.net but no luck so far I unzipped the files into the usb plugged is at the back its just no response at all... can you please email the one that worked for you. [email protected]

please thanks

Hi Oldjazz, just to confirm - unzip but keep the folder so the files are two folders in. OK done that. But no FAN no USB light nothing the LAN lights are on very dim but constant, to me this tells me the boot up has gone south, any ideas do i need a JTAG?

Exactly same here, no response at all... Pressing remote make like blink that's it... First day and this happens

some have said that it need to be in the vuplus/solo folder and others said that it should be

in vuplus/duo folder so I've created both folders with same files in them.

If you tried this way:
You must have format in fat32
you must have the vuplus folder
and must have the solo "and" duo folders in the vuplus folder

I've read that you must plug it into the front usb of the ibox but mine only worked in the back usb of the ibox4

Try it exactly like this

1-turn off the ibox
2-plug the usb key in (try front and if it doen't work try it on back like me)
3-turn on the ibox4
4-look at the usb key light, it should be blinking not for long
5-when it stop blinking, take it out
6-then turn off the ibox4 not before this stage
7-turn on the ibox4 again and wait 5 to 15 minutes before touching your remote control
it should turn blue

If it doesn't work I don't have any ideas because I'm a newbe too.
But Maybe trying some other builders like: blackhole, openpli, openspa, openvix, zeus.
Let me know if you need them to do some try, I could send them to you if you post your email.

hi
iv tried every single image and one every single usb port... still haven't seen the usb stick flash or light up at least for a joke... im quite stuck with this one at the moment, no forward at all..

some have said that it need to be in the vuplus/solo folder and others said that it should be

in vuplus/duo folder so I've created both folders with same files in them.

If you tried this way:
You must have format in fat32
you must have the vuplus folder
and must have the solo "and" duo folders in the vuplus folder

I've read that you must plug it into the front usb of the ibox but mine only worked in the back usb of the ibox4

Try it exactly like this

1-turn off the ibox
2-plug the usb key in (try front and if it doen't work try it on back like me)
3-turn on the ibox4
4-look at the usb key light, it should be blinking not for long
5-when it stop blinking, take it out
6-then turn off the ibox4 not before this stage
7-turn on the ibox4 again and wait 5 to 15 minutes before touching your remote control
it should turn blue

If it doesn't work I don't have any ideas because I'm a newbe too.
But Maybe trying some other builders like: blackhole, openpli, openspa, openvix, zeus.
Let me know if you need them to do some try, I could send them to you if you post your email.

vuplus
duo

Is the folder structure nothing else for the ibox4.

The ibox 4 images download in this format anyway.

Yep iv put that and waited long too but still didnt get far at all, is there anyway than jtag to do a proper image like via the rs or a crossed ethernet cable?

i too am having the red light issue with my ibox 4, it was working fine, it then rebooted and didnt come on again, any ideas?
I have tried putting the image on a USB stick, but the stick flashes twice and then stops, doesnt appear to do anything. if i press a button the the remote another red light flashes, but box wont come on :(

Last edited:
If ur usb flashes there is a chance its being read, leave it in there for a bit or else its a jtag job im afraid

If ur usb flashes there is a chance its being read, leave it in there for a bit or else its a jtag job im afraid

it only flashes the 2 times, i left it for 30mins and it never flashed again and box still wont turn on :-( after googling this seems like a common issue with these boxes.

ok so i got access to an identical box and did a full backup. i now have a folder called vuplus, with a folder called duo inside that. in that folder i have kernel_cfe_auto.bin and root_cfe_auto.jffs2. i have tried turning it on with the stick in, but get same thing, 2 flashes from usb stick then nothing. any ideas?

yes put USB in back bottom slot power up receiver wait 10 mins. Turn power off - remove usb chip - turn power on. This should work - beware no screen activity - wait the 10 mins. Fulling out too early could brick it.

yes put USB in back bottom slot power up receiver wait 10 mins. Turn power off - remove usb chip - turn power on. This should work - beware no screen activity - wait the 10 mins. Fulling out too early could brick it.

everywhere i have read said there should be more than 2 files though, a nforce (you rename to force) and a splash and boot file too.

that didnt work, but found an openvix one that did. thing is it doesnt find any channels on a scan. it look like a completely raw image with no plugins or anything, is there any additional things i need to install for it to use the tuners properly?

ok so it eventually did scan and find channels, then it requested restart, pressed ok, now it wont turn on and usb sticks are not flashing at all, think its finally dead?

Last edited:
Back