I worry for scotland

prag

Inactive User
Reaction score
Is Scotland on the verge?? From a political stand point and with all the parcel bombs being sent here and there, and also the view from the SNP for independence, I worry that Scotland will turn into another Northern Ireland with republican and unionist factions fighting and boming the hell out of each other. There will be those who want to stay part of the Union and those that dont but I do worry that Alex Salmond and his party have not thought this through. Dunno what our scottish friends on here think. Not being a scot meself it would be interesting from my view point to know what you guys think.

Personally i think if scotland gets independence we're screwed. If there is a referedum i'll be voting NO

the majority of people in scotland don't want independence, just a small number of fools that recently watched braveheart do.

when there is a referendum i think everyone in the uk should get to vote in it as it affects the whole of the uk.

:flagwave:

THE English and Welsh want Scotland to split from the UK more than Scots do, a shock independence poll has revealed.

Just 29 per cent of Scots want us to go it alone - compared to 41 per cent south of the border.

The sensational findings come just days after the SNP and First Minister Alex Salmond swept to power at Holyrood with a historic majority.

According to the YouGov survey, 58 per cent of Scots are opposed to independence, with 13 per cent undecided.

Read more: Dis-United Kingdom revealed | The Sun |Home Scotland|Scottish News

I'd rather the union remain intact :Clap:

Personnally I would rather see scotland in the union as we are all british 1st then english scottish welsh irish 2nd. we should all have a single identity as we all live on the same islands but I would call for us to have the seperate states as we do at the moment, then we can still kick everyones arse at Rugby (except the irish of course). I also vote we bring back the home internationals properly for football which is to include engerlund aswell.

Personnally I would rather see scotland in the union as we are all british 1st then english scottish welsh irish 2nd. we should all have a single identity as we all live on the same islands but I would call for us to have the seperate states as we do at the moment, then we can still kick everyones arse at Rugby (except the irish of course). I also vote we bring back the home internationals properly for football which is to include engerlund aswell.

That's pretty much how I feel. I'm British first and Welsh second. I'm immensely proud to be Welsh and call myself Welsh at the times that it's warranted ( sport etc ) but if anyone asks me my nationality I'm British. I live about 20 miles from the border and know Welsh people not far West from here that totally disagree with my feelings but each to their own.

The breaking up of the union is a crazy idea if you ask me but I know a few English friends who want it too, usually stating the fact that we get free prescriptions and free parking at hospitals as the main reason. lol

see myself as scottish first foremost, however i agree that it would be foolish to leave the union.
i dont subscribe to the doom and gloom for scotland though due to a handful of idiots.

see myself as scottish first foremost, however i agree that it would be foolish to leave the union.
i dont subscribe to the doom and gloom for scotland though due to a handful of idiots.

100% agree with you on that colin. It is only a very small amount of idiots responsible for these repulsive acts.

As a proud englishdude I hope the union stays.I'm proud that I am British and so should all of us be even if we don't agree all the time.We will be a lot weaker on a worldwide scale if it all broke up and i would bet my bottom that scotland will not get Independance...cos no fooker will vote for it

these sort of threads are very interesting

I have not spoken to one person who is against independance...

some folk are undecided but others are totally for 100% like myself

Scotland has a great opportunity to make itself great once again and to rid itself of the cheats and theifs of westminster, not saying the scottish politicians are 100% squeaky clean either but i dont hear many expenses rows coming from holyrood

Scotland has turned a profit for most years now whereas westminster seem determined to help other countries instead of sorting out the problems on their own doorstep?

David Cameron is not daft he is so desperate to keep scotland in the union due to the amount of cash we send down to them, forget these "payouts" scotland supposedly lives on from westminster..its more of holyroods switch card that gets bashed

Maybe we could get our industries working for scotland again? the amount of tax we pay this country should be paved with gold!!

now is not the time for the referendum as to many folk are undecided/against but for this country to move forward then it really is a no brainer..we must go it alone

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Scotland has a great opportunity to make itself great once again and to rid itself of the cheats and theifs of westminster, not saying the scottish politicians are 100% squeaky clean either but i dont hear many expenses rows coming from holyrood

Scotland has turned a profit for most years now whereas westminster seem determined to help other countries instead of sorting out the problems on their own doorstep?

David Cameron is not daft he is so desperate to keep scotland in the union due to the amount of cash we send down to them, forget these "payouts" scotland supposedly lives on from westminster..its more of holyroods switch card that gets bashed

Maybe we could get our industries working for scotland again? the amount of tax we pay this country should be paved with gold!!

now is not the time for the referendum as to many folk are undecided/against but for this country to move forward then it really is a no brainer..we must go it alone

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

I can see where your coming from Gav, but like a lot Scots, I think you're letting your heart rule your head.

The whole issue of independence, even if a majority wanted it, is horrendously complicated.

Just a small example. Britain has a sizeable national debt at the moment. If Scotland wanted independence it would have to take on its fair share of that debt.

Getting independence would be a bit like getting a divorce. Both parties would set out saying it was going to be amicable, but would end up fighting tooth and nail over the last ashtray!

Last edited:
I for one hope they get independance and pay back the English and Welsh tax payers the £700 billions the Royal bank of Scotland cost us.

I for one hope they get independance and pay back the English and Welsh tax payers the £700 billions the Royal bank of Scotland cost us.

and england sends us our cash back used to save northern rock

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

If it aint broke don't fix it all this talk of independence is all fine and dandy but have people really thought it out properly,obviously some people think Scotland can go it alone which is flamed by the same old chestnut of oil as the main asset (personally i think whisky is the better asset but thats just me :Cheers:)
actually after Scotland signed the Act Of Union 1707 any asset belonged to Great Britain.

Of course after the two countries merged Great Britain became one of the most successful and powerful Empires the world has ever known not to mention the largest.
So the question i ask myself was this union a good thing or was it a bad thing no brainer for me do a quick search in google Great Scots and you will see a fine array of proud Scotsmen but you'll find the majority of them after the 1707 Act Of Union point being do you think they would have been given the same sort of chances when going solo? we flourished as a nation when joined in a Union that has proved to be of mutual benefit to all.

So ask yourseves this is it right to take the cream off the top of the milk and leave the watery bit ? not fair really to take all the good the Unions done in the past to wave that aside now just because Mel Gibson ignited a Patriotic cinder that Hollywood jazzed up.

Oh and lets face it oils not going to last forever think of the future generations not just ourselves for a change !!!

index.php

Yes please!

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

im 100% against independance! and most i have spoke to are! look at ireland for an example of independance oh and please dont quote oil and whiskey :)

Back