I want to Play Divx on my PS2 please help!!!

morashid679

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello,

Can anyone please advise me how I'm able to play divx on my PS2 without a modchip
and is it possible?

I have a memor32 memory card is there a firmware enabling me to flash it with a mediaplayer or something.

Any advise is much appreciated.

Thank's

you can get the .elf file for a media player and use the memor32 to boot the .elf file. there are guides over at the official forum. www.mementoteam.com

SMS (Simple Media System) is probably the best if u can lauch an elf!

View attachment 37669

yep

thats the one. i couldnt remember the name of it.

this is the media player you want. let us know how you get on, i aint tried it yet using the memor32. so i would be interested to know if it works ok.

yep

thats the one. i couldnt remember the name of it.

this is the media player you want. let us know how you get on, i aint tried it yet using the memor32. so i would be interested to know if it works ok.

Hi Guys,

Thank's for the replies. :)

I may sound like an idiot its because I probably am when it comes to thing like this,
So I much appreciate your patience.

Is the media player an .elf file if so then which is the best way to operate the feature.

The following is the guides to launch the .elf file from either the memory card or usb stick,
using the memento firmware.

Please can you advise which would be the easiest/quickest and best way.

This was obtained form the mementoteam.com website.

Chapter5. Using DEVolution1/2/3 MODE.

MEMENTO gives you the possibility to launch Homebrew applications in 3 different ways, from MEMOR32 Memory Card, from a USB Memory Stick, and from the HDD.

To launch the application, the same must be RENAMED as "BOOT.ELF" (or one of the three other available names) and saved in a "BOOT directory" in the location from where you want to launch it.

DEV3

Is used to launch applications from standard USB memory Stick.

Create a "BOOT" Folder on the USB Memory Stick and save inside the renamed application you would like to launch and use the following button combination ad PS2 boot:

The correspondent DEVolution mode is invoked from the PAD1 by pressing "PAD UP" PLUS the R1/R2/L1/L2 pad buttons at the boot of the PS2:

PAD DOWN + R1 : /BOOT/BOOT.ELF
PAD DOWN + R2 : /BOOT/BOOT2.ELF
PAD DOWN + L1 : /BOOT/BOOT3.ELF
PAD DOWN + L2 : /BOOT/BOOT4.ELF

As a total you can launch 4 applications from Memor32 memory card, 4 from a standard USB memory Stick, and 4 from HDD.

This should be more than enough for any user, but in case we have requests to add more we can do it in the future

If no buttons are pressed on the joypad, memento behaves as normal (direct booting of game disc if present or ps2 browser).

sorry cant help you, i dont have one of these cards to be able to test it for you. i only set them up for my nephews. i dont play ps2 anymore.

best thing to do is register on the official forums and ask them

Depends how much space u have on mem I would say!

Stick it on the mem means you don't need anything else to run elf.

Stick on USB if your mem full of saves.

Try all options n have a play, see what suits your needs!

Depends how much space u have on mem I would say!

Stick it on the mem means you don't need anything else to run elf.

Stick on USB if your mem full of saves.

Try all options n have a play, see what suits your needs!

So I just copy the .elf file onto the usb stick then I can play the divx file from the cd using the memor32 to boot the .elf.

Is that correct?

Create a "BOOT" Folder on the USB Memory Stick and save inside the elf renamed BOOT.ELF.

Press the Button combinations as per your previous post to execute the elf.

Read the manual for SMS:
h**p://home.casema.nl/eugene_plotnikov/en/index.html

But basically Yes!

Can be played from USB Drive or if you have Chubby PS2 with HDD can be played from that 2, also Stream via Network have a read.

Create a "BOOT" Folder on the USB Memory Stick and save inside the elf renamed BOOT.ELF.

Press the Button combinations as per your previous post to execute the elf.

Read the manual for SMS:
h**p://home.casema.nl/eugene_plotnikov/en/index.html

But basically Yes!

Can be played from USB Drive or if you have Chubby PS2 with HDD can be played from that 2, also Stream via Network have a read.

Thank's for the reply,

I tried that yesterday but it did'nt work. I think I just created a folder called boot.elf and placed the file in it instead of file a named "boot".

Last edited:
make sure you use uppercase letters

it wont work in lower case

Try from a usb to start saves wasting a disk.

Try from a usb to start saves wasting a disk.

I tried from the usb but, dont get any audio and it seems like the movie is moving fast as in opposite of slow motion.

Do I create a file a give it a special name and place the file in it?

Which is the better option AVI or Divx? or are they the same?

What about the CDDAFS method when burning the disc will that help?

Last edited:
I tried from the usb but, dont get any audio and it seems like the movie is moving fast as in opposite of slow motion.
This is prob down to codec, do you have selection of avi's to test, are you creating these yourself?

Do I create a file a give it a special name and place the file in it?
No you shouldn't need to

Which is the better option AVI or Divx? or are they the same?
Basically the same, Which ever plays correctly is best, back to using correct codecs that sms understands.

What about the CDDAFS method when burning the disc will that help?
It shouldn't, It's all about codecs even on a PC if windows media player dosn't have the correct codecs installed an avi file won't play properly!

This is an updated release you could try.
View attachment 37837

Thank's Hejira,

I have re-formatted the usb stick to FAT32 and flashed it with the updated version you have provided.

I will notify you when I try. @ work now.

not sure m8 ...think you would hav to use magic swop disk ..with PS2 Reality Media Player

http://www.soledadmiranda.net/private/Reality4Infinity.zip

Hi m8,

I managed to load the elf file from the memory card for the reality media player, but
it wont load the avi's. when I hit browser it says opening something then goes back to the screen.
I first put the avi in a seperate folder it didnt work then I put it in the elf folder still nothing.

Playing avi's feels harder then playing backups man.

seriously m8 SMS is your best option, I don't think reality is still be developed!

I have played avi's without any prob using SMS I have versions that go way back when it was much more limited with what it would play well, unfortunately I found XBMC n don't use the PS2 to do this anymore!

I've played them on the PS2 from USB, HDD n Streamed over my network with SMS n very few probs so I know it works well.

I supose it could be the mem that has issues but I would be surprised if that was the case, It's much more likely that codec used to create the avi is the prob, get a selection of avi n divx files n test!

seriously m8 SMS is your best option, I don't think reality is still be developed!

I have played avi's without any prob using SMS I have versions that go way back when it was much more limited with what it would play well, unfortunately I found XBMC n don't use the PS2 to do this anymore!

I've played them on the PS2 from USB, HDD n Streamed over my network with SMS n very few probs so I know it works well.

I supose it could be the mem that has issues but I would be surprised if that was the case, It's much more likely that codec used to create the avi is the prob, get a selection of avi n divx files n test![/QUO

I finally made it work with sms from usb stick, would it be the same if I flashed sms on usb hdd loaded with my movies.

How about playing discs is that possible?

Back