Phone Unlocking i phone

Lainie

Inactive User
Reaction score
my mum is going to florida next month. i was thinking of asking her to get me an iphone and just wondered what my options would be if she got me one. is it worth it or just get one with o2 when contract is up in 2 months?

any help appreciated

thanks

L

We got one from USA (Florida) in November last year. It was fully unlocked but with the new software it's really easy to do it yourself.

See this program in this thread - https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/164449/

I just updated my old 1.1.1 firmware to the latest 1.1.3 and all working 100%. With a simple one click and leave it to run.

With the exchange rate too you will get one for a great price too.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for that. where would be the best place for her to go and get me one. she is 72 and not the greatest shopper in the world - well for mobiles anyway. she has had £10 in the one i got her for over 2 yrs!!

Not sure where would stock them, obviously all Apple Stores and At&T shops, but sure you will find them in other phone stores.

Why not get one off eBay from an american seller?

As long as it is 1.1.3 firmware or earlier it can be unlocked atm. 1.1.4 recently came out and hasn't been unlocked yet, but will be soon!

If you get one and want it unlocking and activating for another carrier eg. Orange, Vodafone etc let me know

u can unlock any firmware on the iphone except 2.0 beta version download ziphone which activates jailbreakes unlocks and down grades the baseband if required in one click.

Back