I hate the council...

hoppy

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
If you work for Dumbarton council then i would not read this as you will be offended and im scared that you might come to my house with your communist friends and a clipboard and bore me to death in regulations and red tape.

I used to think that putting the council into private hands was a bad idea as services would go to hell,,!!
Now i think we should dump the work shy,lazy communist retards and privatise the lot of them.

Ive got a week off from time due to me from last year so i decided to put it to good use and clear out the spare room and loft.
So i sweated yesterday morning and put a double bed, 2 small sets of drawers and some other various crap.
It was all beyond repair and not worth putting on Freecycle so i phoned the council to arrange a special uplift which used to be a free service.
The girl then tells me that its no longer free and my total bill would be £120.
I LMFAO and told her to forget it and that i will take it to my local dump.

So i spent another hour smashing it all up with a sledgehammer to fit in the boot of ma car.
I arrive at the dump which is blocked by a big JCB at the entrance and after 10min of waiting i got out the car and walked into the yard and there is 3 guys smoking away in the corner leaning on a shovel.
So i asked if one of them could move the JCB and was told the driver is on his lunch break!!
So i asked them if it was a good idea to go for lunch and park the JCB at the entrance gate.
I got the answer, "probably not mate but none of us have a licence to drive it and for health a safety reasons you will have to wait".

At this point my piss is starting to boil and after another 15min waiting and now 6 cars behind me i finally got in.
So i went to the skip thats for wood and started chucking the frame of the bed in it.
At this point one of the 3 brain dead retards comes over not to help in any way of course but to tell me that the timber had material attached to it and that id have to seperate the material from the timber!!!
The only thing going through my head is,,if you still want your head attached to your body then you better fook off mate.
So i asked him "what do you do in here all day mate,,apart from sitting on your arse and annoying people"
I then pointed out that he has the cleanest clothes i have ever seen on a labourer.
He says "im the yard foreman not a labourer and i don't like your attitude"
I said "I dont give a f*** as all i can see is people sitting on their arse and new shiny council vehicles everywhere and not much happening"

So then this other wee bloke appears with a shirt and tie on claiming to be the yard manager.
I laughed at this situation as its not like the council to have tons of chiefs.
He told me that i was breaching council rules and that his foreman was right to pull me up for it.
I just looked at him and said "solidarity brother on the council gravytrain".

I then told them that i would seperate it but its probably a good idea for them to leave me alone now as im 6ft and 17stone with a sledgehammer in the boot and the veins are already popping out ma neck.
So as i was about to leave i noticed they went back to business as usual and were smoking in the corner.
F*** it,,i got out the car and let it rip,, " so how many fookin health and safety rules does smoking 10ft away from a diesel drum breach ya clown?"
I then went into a full blown rant and told him that he was a fat,lazy,work shy communist and he better give me his name to report him or someone would find his head pickled in that diesel drum.
He gave me his name and told me that i was barred from the dump, so i asked him who is gonna stop me coming in, a fat unfit foreman or 3 midget labourers who couldn't hit home on a wet weekend.

When i got home i phoned the council and the guy said that he had my car reg no and the matter was in police hands.
I couldn't believe it, he ignored everything i said and ignored the fact that his workers were work shy, arrogant, bas***** who have never done a days graft in their lives.

Then the door goes and its pc plod asking if they could have a word and come in.
So i calmed down and made us all a cuppa and explained what had happened that day and that i wasn't a violent person and that the foreman made me angry.
At least someone was seeing common sense, the policeman laughed and this was his exact words "the only crime committed here today was on the taxpayer,,thanks for the tea pal and sorry to have waisted your time"

I have sent a letter to my local m.p and am still fuming with that guy even today.
Ok i accept that i might have been cheeky with the guy but ffs it makes me wonder why our taxes are so high.
Years ago there were only two old guys in that yard that now has a total of 7 guys and years ago they didn't have all those fancy machines to do the work for them.
The country is in recession with people taking pay cuts and loosing their jobs and the public sector wonder why we dislike them.
If i ever needed reminding that union ran left wing organisation's are a joke then yesterday's message was clear.
Privatise the lot or make these work shy leeches work for a living.

Rant over and relax,,,,,:Angryfire:Angryfire

Reactions: v14
the tip guys are corrupt to buggery aswell i used to get cable boxs of them that were dumped there and the occasional pc aswell all for a fee of course. that is probably the only time they lifted a finger when a backhander was involved.

The problem here is you are slaging the council, the council have many departments so maybe you should have said the councils tip, and the charges for removing rubbish.

i agree with the cost of removing the rubbish, thats stupid, and i know they need to recupe some money but thats a joke, i am sure its now £20 here, which is good if you have alot of rubbish to get rid of, and the guys do all the work as well, as they say its part of there job and the health and safty does not allow them to have help from the home owner.

the tip issue is a joke, and i would have put my rubbish on the digger!

but the privatetizing of the council does not include the rubbish tips, it inclused housing and some other areas, and i have seen this go so wrong, and the service gets worse, and councils have had to take the homes back over.

but it does look like you have had a bad deal, and i would feel the same if it had happend to me.

MB

The council on-call plumber was training beside me in the gym on Saturday morning. I obviously could only hear his half of the mobile conversation "Well I'm sorry about that but I'm stuck at another job at the moment & probably gonna be here for at least 2 hours, have my lunch & I'll be with you about 2. Run the taps downstairs & that'll take some pressure away from the burst pipe........"
HH.

i had a sofa taken away last week, was free still.

otherwise, sounds like my tip. i always try my best to recycle anything i chuck out, sometimes filling my fortnightly recycvling wheelie bin so i make special trips, you know to help out the environment. go to the tip, special skip for recycling bit for wood - "oh no mate, MDF's not wood, neithers chipboard - just chuck that in the landfill bit" EH? i'm sure it'll be the same composite material once it's diced! I'M TRYING TO SAVE THE WORLD U NUGGETS!

we still get 3 uplifts a year free of charge in north lanarkshire..
sorry to hear about your day hoppy..the council is a joke and half of them that work for the council think there gods and do and say what they like but we get better sense out of a 3 year old

i agree the council do take the piss

its any excuse not to do the bins, oh that ones too heavy or that ones got something in it we wont take! drives me mad considering what i pay in council tax!

i remember ages ago someone put some cat shite in our wheelie bin and when they came to empty it they saw the shite which they refused to take but rather than ask my mum to remove it
(how they saw it anyway, was proberly rummaging for shiny things)
they threw it all over the doorstep and when she rung up to complain all she got was laughed at down the phone.

they need to realise its us the taxpayer who pay their overinflated wages!

My local recycle place is staffed with some decent blokes, they are always willing to lend a hand emptying my car and always very courteous.

To be honest Hoppy, without having been there myself and seen exactly what happened, to me it appears as though you have overreacted.

What's with all the communist references for a start?

Have you ever been referred for an anger management course? ;)

Hoppy lucky you dont live in London.

In camden here we got the biggest bunch of nazi communist reject thick useless uneducated up their arse feckers in the universe. These worthless excuse for human beings cant even speak / understand common sense let alone english and whenever i have to go see them i cringe at just the thought.

I work far a local authority and I must say that my comrades and I do not consider ourselves as communists. Any more talk like that and I will recommend that you are sent to the Gulag

Seriously though there are some that take the piss in all Councils and large organisations. Local Authorities are just any easy target.

Fack me hoppy you got the BMI of a fork lift truck, I'm surprised you didn't push the JCB out of the way.

I work far a local authority and I must say that my comrades and I do not consider ourselves as communists. Any more talk like that and I will recommend that you are sent to the Gulag

Seriously though there are some that take the piss in all Councils and large organisations. Local Authorities are just any easy target.

lol
A think a was just still a tad angry yesterday mate and ma rant is more at the guys at the dump and the retard on the phone.
I found it hard to take that it required a yard foreman and yard manager to tell me off.
All that crossed ma mind was, this is a load of old shite.
Apologies to the good hard working people in other departments of the council.

@Witchy
A don't have f~~~~~~ anger problems,, outside ya nugget.lol

lol
A think a was just still a tad angry yesterday mate and ma rant is more at the guys at the dump and the retard on the phone.
I found it hard to take that it required a yard foreman and yard manager to tell me off.
All that crossed ma mind was, this is a load of old shite.
Apologies to the good hard working people in other departments of the council.

@Witchy
A don't have f~~~~~~ anger problems,, outside ya nugget.lol

lol.....no worries mate there are a lot of jobsworth where I work and it does get frustrating

Back